Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 270/248.5/185

Height: 5'10"

Smile Hi Im new at this and im in a constant battle with my weight

I want to feel good about myself agian. I feel so lost because ive allowed myself to get so big. My dream is to be sexy again for my husband and to be able to get out and do things with my son without being so tired. Im really looking forward to this and reading everyones sucess stories along the way.
AmandaJWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:40 PM   #2  

Let me tell you some more stuff about myself. As a child growing up I was teased everyday about being fat. The funny apart about that is I wasnt fat at all when I was younger. But the point of that is I used to starve myself for a weeks at a time only eating a couple bites at my meals at home and nothing at school. I believe this is one reason I have such a hard time getting my weight off now. It wasnt till I had my child that I started gaining weight like crazy. Its been 8 years now and I continue to get bigger. Im at the point now where I wont get undressed in front of my husband anymore and I usually cry myself to sleep almost every night. Im tired of feeling so ugly and uncomfortable. I need help and I need all the support I can get. Im looking forward to feedback that will help me suceed. Thank you all in advance and good luck with your weight loss goals.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW:336/CW:236/GW:175

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome. I'm pretty new to this website as well. I see you're from Oklahoma too. Do you mind if I ask what area you're in? I'm in Tulsa. It looks like you're already making some progress on your weight loss. Are you just counting calories or are you on a specific type of diet? I just recently switched to weight watchers and I really like it so far and it got the scale to moving again. I was on Atkins for a little over a year and was stuck for a couple of months. I just couldn't seem to lose past a certain point, so I decided it was time for a change. Weight watchers is so much easier. But Atkins works. I lost almost 75 pounds following the Atkins diet, but it is pretty restrictive.

I have no doubt we can do anything we set our minds to. I understand about not feeling comfortable with your body. I still have a long way to go, but I'll get there eventually. Just take it one day at a time.
mandydawn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #4  

Wow 75 lbs is amazing! Way to go girl! I live in Coweta. I have been on Weight Watchers so many times and I can only seem to lose 20 lbs. Its so frustrating for me to spend so much money and get to 20 lbs and stop. I usually drop it in the first few weeks so thats why its so frustrating for me. At this moment Im using my fitness pal on my phone and its a lot like Weight Watchers except its totally free. More my style lol. You count calories and it works great if I can just stick to it. I have insommnia and I feel like I need to eat all the time. Chocolate is my weakness big time and I cant seem to get enough. Its weird I know but Im at a loss on how to stop that. Dieting is also very hard because I dont have much support. Well I do but support to me is someone battling the same issues as me and isnt skinny and really doesnt know what im talking about. I need more support from people like me. If that makes sense at all. I also have a problem with excersise because I have no willpower when someone I know thats skinny and wants to go walking. I dont know what it is but I feel like they only want to walk because they feel sorry for me and I dont want that at all. I was going to try Atkins one time but Im not a huge meat eater unless its chicken. I just dont understand why losing weight cant be as fun as putting it on. I want to lose atleast 70 lbs. Thats a long ways off but I know I can get there.

Keep up the good work! Your doing awesome!
Old 10-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #5  

I understand the weakness for chocolate. Portion control is a big issue with me. Since I have added all these carbs back into my diet I have noticed a difference in my appetite. I don't stay satisfied for nearly as long as I did on the Atkins diet. Also, stopping at just a couple of cookies or crackers is harder to do than avoiding them altogether. As far as exercising goes, I'm definitely not that motivated to do it. I don't mind walking or doing sit ups and all that, but I can't seem to get myself motivated to do it on a regular basis. I'm not as lazy as a lot of my friends are, but I'm not exactly an active person either. When I get down another 50 pounds I want to get a bike like my 13 year old daughter has and start riding bikes with my kids, but I feel like I'd probably flatten the tires on it if I got on it at this weight lol. I have an exercise bike and I need to put it in my room and ride it while I watch TV like I did when I first got it years ago.

If you ever need a boost of encouragement I'll try to help. I know some days are harder than others, but it helps me if I just take it one day at a time. And if I mess up I make myself get right back on track. Everyone messes up, so don't beat yourself up about it when you do. So many people seem to give up just because they messed up on their diet. Just get over it and move on. Sometimes I lose more weight on the weeks where I expected to gain or stay the same because I messed up. A year goes by so fast and you will be amazed at how far you've come if you just stick with it. You can do it! It's so fun getting all the compliments
Old 10-29-2012, 04:23 PM   #6  

Thank you so much for all the encouragement. I really appreciate it a lot. I dont ever have anyone to talk to about this stuff. No one ever seems to listen anyway. I think this site is going to work out great for me. Starting tomorrow Im going to jump back on board with my fitness pal and get this weight off. I can do this. If I can quit drinking pop (for 2 years now) then I can do this. Just have to stop the sweets. I look forward to reading more of your sucess stories.

lol this may sound dumb but I really have no clue how to use this site. Is there a way that I can get messages when someone replies to me? Instead of searching my name everytime. Also how can I get to my profile? Im so confused lol
Old 10-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #7  

Is there anyway that I can get certain peoples messages and stuff so I can keep up with their success?
Old 10-30-2012, 09:15 AM   #8  

I'm new to this as well, but I do know at the top of each thread there is a button that says thread tools and you can subscribe to the thread and then it will give you the option to be emailed when someone replies. And at the top left there is the button for user control panel and you can see a list of each thread you have subscribed to. Hope that helps. I think you can directly message someone, but I'm not sure how.
Old 10-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #9  

I added you to my buddy list, but I don't know what that means because you're the first person I've put in there.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #10  

lol I added you as well. Thats about the only thing I figured out yesterday. Today I have been playing around and Im slowly starting to figure out things. Im so confused and I dont know why cause Im usually pretty good with computers. Thanks so much for your help.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Welcome, Amanda! Looks like you've lost quite a bit already, congrats! This site has been a real motivation for me. I've only been a member for a month, but the girls and stories here are really inspiring and have really kept me going. I joined a couple of challenges and that accountability and regular check ins have kept me from straying too far from my goals. I'm not following a particular diet or workout program. I've tried all sorts of programs and pills in the past and I think doing it on my own and just making better choices have been working best for me. Go figure LOL

I know how you feel concerning the body issues. It took me years to finally get out of my denial and make this commitment. I'm so glad I did! Can't wait to see you in some of the challenges and read up on your progress! Good luck!!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #12  

Thank you Lakilaulea! Im finding this site very interesting myself. Ive read so much and its so nice to know that im not the only one out there with this battle. Ive tried so many pills and diet programs and nothing is working for me. I think its because one I hate taking pills and two it gets so boring after awhile. Ive actually as of today started a challenge on her called no sweets for 2 weeks should be a huge treat. Im really excited about this goal and Im hoping to get some people to join me on this challenge. I posted about not having sweets for two weeks but then decided that I wont eat out for those 2 weeks either and see where that takes me.

Your doing great as well. 16 lbs gone YAY! Keep it up girl. I know we can do this!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:50 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/155

Ugh, don't even get me started on the pills!! I've wanted for so long to find that "magic pill." I've tried them all. I've poured so much money into meal plans, pills, and gimmicks. The only pill I've managed to stay on for longer than a month was Yellow Jackets, and that was HORRIBLE. My heartrate was all over the place, I couldn't get any sleep, I was an elliptical using fool, and I STILL didn't lose much! I'll be doing good, then hit a plateau, then I'll just throw my hands up and stop all together. I'm so determined not to do that this time. It's been so long since I've felt sexy... I can't even remember the last time I dolled myself up. I'm too young to be a shut in!! LOL So we'll do this together! My October challenge is ending, and I can't wait to see what the girls here come up with for November. Hope to see you at the next one!
Lakilaulea is offline   Reply With Quote