Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #1  

Default In Need of Support

Hi there everyone

This is my first time joining a weight loss community, online or otherwise. I'm completely heartbroken about my weight and I just don't know what to do anymore. I feel as though no matter what I do I just keep getting heavier and I'm devastated about it.

I'm 25 years old and weigh 80kgs (176 pounds). I am in complete control with every other part of my life. I am doing my masters in IT and am currently working as a web analyst for a major ecommerce company. My very supportive boyfriend and I are happily living together, and everything is just so right. But my weight is completely out of control and I feel completely stuck.

I'm miserable. There's no other way to say that. I cry myself to sleep at night because of my weight. I have a pretty-enough face but this weight makes me lack confidence and I feel frumpy and hideous.

I lack consistency with everything I've tried. I work an average of ten hours at my day job and I also freelance because I need extra cash to support my mom, who doesn't live near me. I struggle to find time to work out as a result.

I'm signed up to Crossfit but rarely manage to get there. If it's once a week it's a lot. I recently had the hair-brained idea to train for a half marathon and I have a full training schedule in Google Docs drawn up, but I haven't had a chance to start it yet. I've tried 5 small meals a day, meal replacement shakes for supper, limiting portion sizes etc. Nothing is consistent, and I feel like a complete mess.

I don't really know what else to say. That's my story. I really hope there is someone out there who knows what I'm going through and can genuinely reach out to support me, because I really, really need it and would be forever appreciative =(

Thank you for reading.
ugw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:32 PM   #2  
Master of duels

ugw I use to help people like you, as I was like that some time ago. Exactly 180 pounds and I am on 145 pounds, I will send you a PM to see if I can help.
mikava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #3  
Foodie For Life

S/C/G: 192/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Sounds like you're under a tremendous amount of personal and work related stress. It's hard to take care of yourself and your body when your focus is constantly being shifted to something else. I think all of us here can relate to your story in some way or another. The important thing is that you've made a great first step by coming here and hopefully reading others stories and seeing that it can be done.

I've yo-yo dieted all my life and at one time was a half-marathon runner myself. When I suffered a work related injury my running came to a complete hault. When I was running, I too ate 5 meals a day and drank protein shakes, this helped maintain my weight but didn't necessarily help me lose weight. I was in the 150's when I was running... And I ran 6 days a week. The key, that Ive learned from this site, is that every body is different... And different bodies react differently to certain plans. You may have to try different things and see what works best for you.

As of right now, I am just being very mindful of what I eat and it has worked for me so far.

There are so many great success stories here... Women and men that have done what sometimes seems to be the impossible. And they are so encouraging to me as someone who has decided to make the lifestyle change as well. Hopefully they will be an inspiration to you as well.
NolaMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #4  
Watch Me Shrink !

S/C/G: 220/160/140

Height: 5'7

Don't feel discouraged .We have all felt that same way before but just remember where there is a will there is a way. Start off by creating little goals such as to lose 10 lbs, and little by little you will get there.Even if you don't have much time to work out, you have time to eat healthy.
FlabToFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:41 AM   #5  

Hi again

Thanks to everyone who has replied. I've really enjoyed catching up on everyone's stories so far and familiarising myself with the forum.
I've also discovered a before and after weight loss tumblr which lists pictures of people who have successfully survived fat.

I'm going to Crossfit after work today and am going to start my running schedule tomorrow evening. I want to do this, and I keep telling myself to be patient. I'm not looking for a quick fix. I want to be healthy and I want this to be a lifestyle change, not a diet.

Thanks again to those who have reached out to me. I'm looking forwad to sharing my journey with you all and also to following and supporting your journeys =)
ugw55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:29 AM   #6  
Master of duels

I can not send you Pm? don't know why, anyaway... good luck and keep us informed
mikava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/213/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugw55 View Post
I am in complete control with every other part of my life. I am doing my masters in IT and am currently working as a web analyst for a major ecommerce company. My very supportive boyfriend and I are happily living together, and everything is just so right. But my weight is completely out of control and I feel completely stuck.
Ugw55,

I completely relate to what you are saying. I am a programmer analyst by trade and the lifestyle of a programmer (long hours, stationary, too much caffeine, not enough rest, and NO exercise) usually doesn't promote overall good health. You can get this weight off! And the people here will encourage you! Stay connected and good luck!
superwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 141/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome aboard and I understand how you feel I definitely share the frumpy feeling!
Blue Jeans is offline   Reply With Quote