Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-24-2012, 09:21 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/208/150

Height: 5 foot 3

Default Hi!

Hi all!

My name is Brittanie and I'm new here. I've been dieting (calorie counting) for about 2 weeks now. I am not sure what my weight was when I started dieting as we just bought a scale yesterday(lol) but I know that 6 months ago I weighed 220 and yesterday I weighed 208. I hadn't been doing much of anything to lose that weight besides owning two dogs that need walks. I've paired that now with calorie counting and we will see how that goes. I certainly feel much better.

My biggest issue in losing weight is that I'm on anti-psychotic meds (bipolar disorder) and I'm a super crazy busy teacher. I coach Forensics (speech and debate) and we have practice and tournaments constantly. This usually results in me eating crap food or not eating at all. With the new meds they have me on I am hungry CONSTANTLY. I've realized that most of that is in my head and I'm proud of the healthy options I'm making. Anyhow, I'm just looking for some support. My husband is doing the Atkins diet due to his diabetes so he's been very supportive and it's been easy to cook for each of us but I have all skinny friends so they don't really understand :-) though they are great motivation!
BrittanieJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #2  

Hi there and welcome aboard. Sounds like you're eating less and moving more. In purest terms, that's what this is all about. You can refine that process as you move closer to your goals. For the time being, finding ways to be consistent is the name of the game.

Chaotic schedules are tough. The best advice I can give is to prepare foods in advance. I'm sure it sounds like a challenge, but when you get the hang of it, it's a life saver!

Best of luck.
Steve Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote