Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/177/150

Height: 5'2

Smile I'm 16 and ready to make a difference!!

By the title of this thread, I'd assume most of you can tell that I am only 16 years old (technically tomorrow I am) and I'm ready to change. Not just physically, but mentally, as well.

I currently weigh around 173-175 lb. which is definitely the heaviest I have ever been. I've been a size 12 in pants and dresses most of my life (although dresses I can squeeze into a size 8.) Never thought I would be in that number range. Although, this year I have gained 15 lb. I believe it's been my lazy persona that has been showing itself this year.

I do have large hips (I mean, these suckers are HUGE, but I'm not complaining, I rather like them), thighs, arms (almost seems unproportional to the rest of my body), and a bit of a stomach. I don't believe I look too large for my weight.

I've made excuses for myself, have felt sorry for myself, cried over my weight, and everything in between. There had to be better options and decisions out there, right?

I've been watching what I eat, and will begin to count calories as of tomorrow. No, I'm not "pigging-out" tonight because it'll be my first day of commitment tomorrow.

Well, as of tomorrow (my birthday), I am becoming a member of Planet Fitness. I've been considering this idea for a while, but today, I took a tour of the gym and met some staff. The gym is extremely amazing, and I just love it, already. The staff are some of the friendliest people I've ever met. I plan to work out for at least 2 hours (1 hr. in the morning, 1 in the afternoon), 6 days a week. I would've done this sooner, but they require full members to be at least 16 with a parent/guardian to sign a waiver.

My ultimate goal is to weigh 140 lb. I'm hoping to shed the 33 lb. by October (hopefully) and be able to fit into these gorgeous size 10 American Eagle jeans I bought in order for motivation. My size 12s are barely fitting, and I'm not allowing myself to get to a 14.

A (primary) mini goal of mine is to lose 10 lb (163 lb) 5 weeks from now. I'm extremely motivated!

I would be lying if I put that I haven't been creeping around, reading success stories. They inspire me, dramatically. And, of course, that is why I'm here. Inspiration, motivation, and to meet new people of all backgrounds with stories of their own are what drives me.

I hope my age doesn't put anyone off, because as young as I am, a lot of people believe that I am not as serious as I am, and that I am doing this for the wrong purposes.

I'm doing this for me. Not for anyone else.

Well, I would love to meet a lot of you on 3FC.
ShetlandSheepdogLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:01 AM   #2  
Chronic Pain Fighter

S/C/G: 165/?/128-132

Height: 5' 10''

First of all welcome

And Happy Birthday
desiresdestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 317/292/150

Height: 5'3 ½

Happy Birthday and welcome to 3fc.
Good luck with your weight loss, you can do it!
livelaughlovesunshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/115

Height: 5'0"

Welcome and Happy Birthday!!

You appear to be very bright and articulate for your age - you'll make a very nice addition to our group. I wish you much success with your journey. I wish now that I had your determination and dedication 20+ years ago when I was 16 and about your weight. Learning a healthy lifestyle while young will certainly give you a firm launching pad for your adult life.

dogdaysofdiets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #5  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up

Happy Birthday
ShetlandSheepdogLove

Bon Voyage on your journey with mindful eating and Bon Voyage on your journey with Planet Fitness.

You'll find welcoming and supportive folks around and about everywhere here on 3FC. Be sure to check out 3FC 20 Somethings for the crowd who didn't have dinosaurs as childhood pets. There isn't a unique teen thread on 3FC, but there are other teens who'll find you if you post about.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:10 AM   #6  
Jigglypuff

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Happy Birthday! You're giving yourself the best gift you possibly can!
Burg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/177/150

Height: 5'2

Just saw all the posts, today! I appreciate the birthday wishes and the hope that you all are providing me with! My experience at Planet Fitness today was great! The treadmill kicked my butt, though.
Now, all I need to do is be careful of my birthday dinner.

Thanks again, everyone!
ShetlandSheepdogLove is offline   Reply With Quote