Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 231/231/168

Height: 5ft 7

Smile A bit about myself! Hello :)

Hello, my name is Lizzie and I'm from the UK. I joined today because I've finally decided to lose some weight and think that I would benefit from the help and advice and support of others!

A little bit about myself: I turn twenty in a month's time, I have always been overweight and it was as a teenager that I put on most of the weight. My BMI is ridiculously high and I'm not that tall, so I am clinically obese. It's not until the past couple of weeks that I have decided to do something about it. I've been happy with the way that I look and everything so it's not particularly to do with self-esteem issues, but health complications.

I suffer from really bad IBS and have been on fibre supplements for a couple of months now. The past week I have been getting upper right chest pains and had to go to the emergency department where they told me that I was under too much stress. Right... okay... I didn't believe it but took the diagnosis anyway. A few days later and the pain hadn't gone away, in fact it had worsened and I was burping constantly in addition to having pains down my arm and dizziness and shakes. Also my bowel movements are all over the place (sorry to go into detail). Well, I went back to the doctor yesterday and she has prescribed me with peppermint oil tablets as gaviscon won't work and wants me to have a full blood test. SCARY! I can't help but feel anxious, but I have my suspicions that it may be gall-bladder related?

Has anyone had similar symptoms before? If so, I would really appreciate a few calming wise words and advice!

Today is much the same but also a little tenderness in my tummy, still burping and dizzy and shaky! I don't know what to do really, but what I do know is that I'm going to lose weight!

Anyway, pleased to meet you and here's to a healthier future!

-Lizzie
LizzieMacfrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/175/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome, Lizzie! I'm new myself. I don't know anything about gall bladder trouble, but I hope the doctor can find out what the problem is and you get to feeling much better soon.
byugal is offline   Reply With Quote