UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 73kg/see ticker/55kg

Height: 5'7''

Smile Newbie - hello! Plus, a bit about me.

Hi everyone

I'm new to 3FC - in fact, I'm new to posting on any kind of diet/weight-related forums, although I've been stalking for a bit. Why have I finally started posting? Because I'm bored to death with being on diets/obsessing about my weight/starting and stopping unrealistic exercise regimes etc. etc.

I started to eat healthily (ish) at the New Year and also took up exercise again, and I've managed to lose some weight so far. But - I've always given up in the past (usually after first making some really good progress), and today I had a bit of a binge - the first binge since the New Year - so I felt something had to change. I can't let this attempt go to pot again. And this idea of bottling up how I feel about my weight and how important getting this right is to me just doesn't work.

Anyway, so here I am now, and really looking forward to sharing and hearing about everyone else's experience. Oh, and please be gentle with me if I end up posting in completely the wrong place. As I said, new to all this...

Jules xx
LondonJules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

Hey London Chick, I am one myself welcome to 3FC
I am really bad at weights I dont understand Kg I am a lb kinda girl, but it looks like you have shifted some already.... well done!

My story is baby weight that i never shift 2 kids = 4 1/2 stone, the youngest is now 7yrs so i havent got an excuses anymore. I work long hours so I am always shattered come 7:30pm after leaving at 6am play with kids for an hour then flake out on the sofa and normally eat crap, this I am working on with the help of my husband, he is a gem really and is helping

There are loads of lovely ladies on this site all different, some are truly inspirational
Hope you enjoy this site xx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #3  

Hey Marie! Many thanks for your reply. Good to know there's another Londoner on here

Your husband sounds like he's a real help. My boyfriend started running with me at the beginning of the year and, to be honest, if it wasn't for him bullying me into running every weekend, I doubt I would still be doing any exercise at all!
Old 03-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 208/141/120

Height: 5ft 4inch

I love London wouldn't be anywhere else
yerh my husband is cool he likes the bigger lady though so he only helps to a point.
keep the running up its so good for you and well done bf for getting you to do it.
Are you following ant diet plan or just going with the flow keeping the naughty things at bay?
My worse thing is booze as working in london i love the social life and the drinking that goes with it, trying to reigh it in, just feel so boring doing it, but no pain no gain
Good luck honey xxx
marie81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:04 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Welcome to the group Jules, I am not in London but Hertfordshire so not that far!!! This is a lovely group full of lovely people, who all understand what it is like trying to lose weight and the serious scoffing we do from time to time.

Look forward to hearing from you
Michele
micheleherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:25 PM   #6  

Hi Michele

Thanks for your message. Yes, from the reading I've done around the forum so far, everyone seems really supportive, so I'm really looking forward to getting involved.

@Marie - I'm not doing a particular plan as such; just trying to be reasonable with my foods. Diets have simply not worked for me ever, so as much as I'm always tempted by promises of 'lose x stone in x weeks', I'm not doing it this time round.

I've started using this app on my phone to log what I eat, but instead of trying to work out what the exact calories in every meal are, it just gets you to log whether the food you ate was green (good), yellow (so so), or red (bad). I've found that works quite well for me because it doesn't allow me to become too neurotic about exact calorie counts.

Aside from that, eating breakfast and taking lots of fruit to work. And trying not to be too bad in the evening. Mind you, boyfriend is cooking chicken korma at the moment, so perhaps not working so well tonight!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 224/146/147

Height: 5"2

welcome jules im from wales but im always down in london seeing my best mate good luck with your weight loss x
ems81wales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #8  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

HI Jules,

I'm a UK chick returning home to Yorkshire in 5 weeks. I've only been on these boards for a month or so, but I'm convinced that without them I'd fail yet again. They're amazing for making you accountable, I don't want to give into a chocolate craving and then come and post about it on here!

Your phone app sounds cool, I'm way too lazy to calorie count, so I'm just watching what I eat for my three meals, and have cut out snacks completely apart from fruit. It works for me. It took me ages to get into the habit of eating brekkie, but now I couldn't imagine life without it!

Good luck on keeping at it
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #9  

Hey everyone

Thanks for all your kind messages. You've really made me feel welcome. I've got my weekly weigh-in tomorrow (which isn't going to look too good, I think), but I'm trying out Power Plate for the first time as well so maybe that'll give me some much-needed new motivation on the exercise front.

Wish me luck! x
Old 03-12-2011, 05:08 AM   #10  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Good luck for your weigh in today Jules

What's Power Plate?
takingcontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #11  

Thank you! Weigh-in was a bit disappointing - I'm at 66kg now, but I was at 65kg three weeks ago, so I've clearly let the healthy eating slide a bit too much. (Sorry for the kgs rather than lbs - creature of habit!)

Power Plate is basically doing toning exercises on a vibrating plate. Feels very weird to begin with, but was surprisingly tiring.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:08 PM   #12  

Height: 1.67m

Welcome Jules
Congratulations on your weight loss so far!
timkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #13  
One calorie at a time

S/C/G: 155/149/135

Height: 5'4"

Hello Jules, well done, looks like you're great so far! How do you like the Power Plate classes? I go to a regular gym, but bought a months worth of plate classes at another for something fun and different. Hopefully they are both?
Missjessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 05:45 PM   #14  

Hey everyone, thanks for all your lovely messages.

Missjessica - I really liked the Power Plate session. It's a really weird feeling at the beginning but you get used to it quite quickly. The key thing is to keep your knees bend pretty much at all times - otherwise it feels like your eyeballs are popping out! Let me know how you find yours. My gym also allows you to do exercises on the plate on your own, so I'm keen to find a good workout routine.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:24 PM   #15  
One calorie at a time

S/C/G: 155/149/135

Height: 5'4"

Haha! Thanks for the advice I'm headed over this weekend for my first session. I'll let you know how things go!
Missjessica is offline   Reply With Quote