Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 261/255/145

Height: 5'5

Default Starting on the WL journey yet again

Hi,

I'm another person who has gained and lost approximately 70 lbs several times over the course of the last twenty five years, and am now looking to stabilize and make the loss permanent.

I am at my highest non-pregnancy weight and feel out-of-control and, of course, ashamed about it. I am also someone who has a difficult time asking for help - I am seen by most people as extremely confident and competent, so becoming part of a support group community feels awkward for me though I sense it may be very helpful for precisely all those reasons.

I think the last straw for me was realizing that I am embarrassed to attend a school reunion function because I am overweight - and then I am ashamed of being ashamed, as I am sure some of you can understand! So anyway, here I am and I look forward to working with folks here - I have been really touched not only by the remarkable weight loss journeys, but also by the incredible honesty and openness of many of the posts here.
msbliss11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 01:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/ticker/160

Height: 5'5"

Welcome!
KYMommy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:06 PM   #3  
300+ Chick

Good luck with your efforts!!...YOU can do it!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #4  

I completely understand Ms. Bliss! Welcome to the group!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/207/140

Height: 5'3"

I hear you about highest after pregnancy weight. I am there right now. I'm sure we can do it though! Stay positive, be determined and be proud of your accomplishments!!!
jessieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

I completely understand and I'm in the same boat that you are. Welcome to the start of living for you!! I also did not attend my last reunion due to being overweight, compared to my classmates. And I also like you, did the up and down thing several times over the years, without asking for any help.

You can do this! Just keep coming back and reading the ups and downs of all the great folks here, and you'll know that you're not alone. I for one am with you all the way!

Good luck and Welcome again!
sprite613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #7  

sounds like I'm in good company ... I'm so sick of not being able to maintain m weight at an apropriate level. I'm tired too of looking at myself and hating pictures that are taken of me ... I've got to do something. I started Nutrisystem and am hopeful that the limited portions and journaling will help me lose and keep it off. I've been on it less than a week and haven't seen any evidence of weight loss yet ... but I know you're not supposed to weigh every day. I've been exercising though and thought that finally getting off my duff would result in some immediate loss ... still waiting.

Hoping that this forum will help me stay faithful.
lillygrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 261/255/145

Height: 5'5

Thanks all for the welcome & support- it's really appreciated & I hope that I'll be able to provide some support in return.

@lilygrace - I feel you; whenever I first start working out & watching what I eat I want immediate reinforcement! Sounds like a great start though!
msbliss11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:54 AM   #9  

I'm new too (new to posting here) and reading introductions by other people makes me feel like I'm not alone so you're already providing some support to others
Welcome!
Lose To Gain is offline   Reply With Quote