Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-26-2011, 04:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5'2"

Default Hi, I think I'm ready to make a change

Hello everyone,

So a bit of middle of the night web browsing lands me on this site. I've never really thought about joining something like this before. So where to begin?

Well I'm 25, 5'2" and 250lb. I don't really have any health issues, but every time I see a doc, they always test me for diabetes. My mother and grandmother are the same as me, and honestly, its hard to make a change when I am around people who eat the same ways as I do.

When I was a kid I could be described as a bit chubby, but I was active, kept up with the boys and what not. My weight started climbing when I hit puberty, I think the biggest reason was because I was making some epiphanies in my life that I believed to be in conflict with the way I was raised. I became depressed and turned to food for comfort. Now, my weight is so out of control that I know nothing will change overnight.

My goal in joining this site is to well help me actually make and follow through on a weight loss plan.
anon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! Do you know what food plan you are going to follow? If not looking around on this site, there are many different types of plans you can check out. I count calories and while my loss has not been really quick, I has been fairly steady.
Make small changes first. Add in more water and drink less soda or sugary drinks. Then add in fruit or vegg's as a snack instead of chips.
Move a little more, all small steps add up.
The most important advice I can give you is to stick with it. If you don't have a perfect meal, day or week. Hop back on the wagon and stick with it.
Best of luck to you!
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5'2"

Hi thanks for the kind welcome, I don't really have any idea where to start, so I'm just going to explore the site and see what I find. I think my biggest hurdle will be portion control, because in the past when I fall off the wagon, I fall hard (like eating an entire medium pizza in one sitting hard).
Thanks for the advice, and this time I am definitely going to start small I think I have failed in the past because I tried to be all drastic with the changes.
anon85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #4  
Making myself fat-free.

S/C/G: 260/214.8/120

Height: 5'1"

Welcome! We're the same age and similar weights. And you're only an inch taller than me!
I'm the same way, when I fall off a plan I fall hard. This time, I've been really trying to make this about a life change, and not rapid weight loss. I count calories, but am not always perfect with it and that's okay. I've lost pretty steady though - between 6-7 lbs since I started a little over a month ago.
It's a great community, and if you ever need someone to talk too, I'm always looking for weight loss buddies.
MeliZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 02:38 PM   #5  

Smile

You are in the right place. There is a lot of support here. Good luck on your weight loss journey.
KayMaxim is offline   Reply With Quote