Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-29-2011, 01:30 AM   #1  
SciFi Geek Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 186 / 156.6 / 140

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello all!!

So, my name is Meghan. And I am 23, and overweight. I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. When I was much much younger I was a skinny little thing. But around the end of elementary school is when it all started.

At my highest, in my first year of college, I was 206 pounds. Over the next two years, struggling on and off I got down to about 145 pounds and was so happy, still chubby, but I fit into size 12 and was so confident.

Since then, I gained and lost weight more times then I can count. Then a few weeks ago I faced the scale and was 186 pounds. The idea of being closer to my old heavy weight then my lowest adult weight woke me up. I was already feeling bad about myself, and starting to need new clothes.

So I decided to stop the fad diets that failed time and time again. I have gone back to what had helped me the most: simple diet and exercise. So I cut my calories and have been moderatly exercising (I work alot, don't belong to a gym yet, and it is rainy here in Florida right now but I walk on the good days).

I am at 173.6, down from 186 on the 12th of June.

I decided to seek out a support forum to help support others, and of course get support for myself so I don't waiver.

So...sorry for the long winded intro...Hi!
mlgibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:36 AM   #2  

Height: 67.7

HI Meghan!

Welcome to the forum! You are sure to get the support you need here.

I'm so glad that you've decided to give up fad diets and go for something more simple and effective - long term weight loss.

Good luck with your weight loss. If I can help in any way, just let me know.
Suzie Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:51 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome!

Congratulations on your weight loss! It sounds like you have a healthy and level-headed approach. Eating right, moving more. It works!

I hope to see you around the boards! Best of wishes!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:58 AM   #4  

Thank you both for the welcome, I look forward to getting to know everyone.

And Lovely, I like the 'Training to survive the zombie apocalypse'. That sounds like good motivation to me!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:17 AM   #5  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

You lost 13lbs in half a month? Wowza. That's like a pound a day!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your awesome start!
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:43 PM   #6  

I tend to lose weight very quickly, not sure how or why. I don't starve myself or even eat the healthiest. I just watch my calories and try and get active. I am never going to complain though, lol. It just makes me feel guilty sometimes, that I can't keep it off cause I know each time it will get harder to lose. I need to stop bouncing my weight, and came to all of you for the support I can see you give readily. Thank you all.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:08 PM   #7  
Michelle

S/C/G: 308.8/ticker/155

Welcome, Meghan!
BudgetBaby is offline   Reply With Quote