Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-21-2011, 03:34 PM   #1  
Results>Reasons

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'9"

Default I Won't Fail!

At least, that's what I'm telling myself this time around. There haven't been that many "times around," but I think I'm ready for a permanent lifestyle adjustment.

My name is Elaina, I'm 25, and have never really been concerned with my weight. There's nothing genetically wrong, no medical issues that deter me from losing/gaining, or any addictions/cravings/must haves that keep on the pounds.

I've always been active athlete, enjoy being outdoors and take part in the adrenaline rush hobbies. I've always been tall and thin and never had any mental complex battle with my body or weight....until now.

I am not "obese" I'm "overweight" according to the BMI charts. I have these ******ed love handles -- not the cute 'thin girl' love handles -- but these handle bar love handles that seem to be where ALL my excess fat wants to go. I've always, up until recently, been proud of my long legs and now they're scarred with stretch marks, weird scars and dimples. (I realized this the other day when I put on shorts. I caught a glimpse of my reflection in a mirror and saw the contours on the FRONT of my thighs

At that moment I realized I have to do something. Having a little cottage cheese on the back of your thighs is normal and common - in my opinion - but on the front is just sad. I felt down and insecure in that moment, and I rather not feel that way anymore.

My boyfriend and I just got a puppy, and when he hops on the scale to weigh him, their combined weight is the same as mine!

Anyway, I'll stop ranting. I'm happy to be here. I think a forum is what I need to help me going. I started yesterday on the food, and plan to eat 1200 calories a day, avoiding bad carbs and sweets/sugars. I think my only downfall to that is that I'm not that hungry of a person -- as ironic as that seems. So, I think I might have to force myself to eat consistently, regularly and often to ensure I maintain my metabolism. I'm planning on finally using my Tae Bo my mom bought me years ago. I have a gym membership, but the closest one is so far away! ggrrr...anyway, thanks for having me, and I hope to be inspired and give back (what I can) to you all.

P.S. I'll also be starting a blog soon. The avatar picture was taken a few days ago. As much as I like to blame my boyfriend for his crappy picture-taking-techniques, and the poor light and angles...I can't stand to look at the hulk of my arm and the love handles.
AriesNV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:48 PM   #2  
Edge Of Glory

S/C/G: 350/See Ticker/199

Height: 5'8"

Welcome!
VirgoChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 288/237/160's

thanks for sharing your story! i've been having " i will not fail!" stuck in my head too lately. hehe whatever i have to do to stay motivated i'm new here too, thanks for being here!
theskyofstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:12 PM   #4  
Results>Reasons

S/C/G: 196/190/150

Height: 5'9"

Thanks guys! When I wrote the title it was more referring to signing up for a forum, posting a couple of times, and never returning because you forgot all about it. I intend to not fail and stay here for the long haul to inspire and be inspired! =]
AriesNV is offline   Reply With Quote