Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-17-2011, 07:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 387/376.2/180

Height: 5'8

Cool Ready 4 a New Me in Need of Supportive friends!

hello, my name is Kiara! Im 20 yrs old and Ive always been fairly overweight though my senior yr of high school and since I have truly gone to far and I am ashamed to say ive gotten myself to 387 ! i have about 207 pounds to lose but im ready! im sick of not being able to do things i wanna do out of fear of embarassment or lack of physical ability, so here goes to all the times i put this weight loss off, all the pounds i put on and finally here goes being a healthier and smaller me! I would love to hear success stories and tips as well as gain a new friend or maybe a few while i LOSE these pounds!
Ready4aBrandNewME5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 197/164/158

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Kiara! This is a wonderful site you have found. Do you have specific plan you are using for weight loss? I am on Weight Watchers and as of today am 4 lbs from goal. I have lost a little over 25 lbs total. The most valuable tip I ever got was to get ride of every piece of clothing as YOU get too SMALL for them. There is no going back that way. If you gain a few pounds, you have nothing to wear! I wish you much success as you begin your journey to a more healthy and active version of you!
Veal2Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 09:56 PM   #3  

Thank you soooo much for your response! I am actuall on day 2 of weight watchers and I have also been taking Alli i weighed myself ten mins ago and so far I have lost 4.7 pounds still 45.4 away from my first goal of losing 50 pounds. I like the tip of throwing away my clothes that get too big as i plan to never wear them again! I have a few old pairs of jeans that I am dying to wear!
Old 05-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #4  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Kiara!

You found a great place for support!! Congrats on your decision to better yourself, we are all doing it together!
mamato2boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 10:37 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamato2boys View Post
Kiara!

You found a great place for support!! Congrats on your decision to better yourself, we are all doing it together!
Thank you so much!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:05 PM   #6  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

Welcome Kiara. That is one of my niece's middle name. I am doing the Ideal Protein plan and I'm finally focused and ready for this. My mom has been telling me to get all the weight off before 30 because it's harder after that. It's great you are starting early. I wish I had gotten serious before.

As for my advice, I say take it one day, one meal at a time. If you stumble keep going. Stay conscious about what you put in your mouth. Claim your future body, it is really yours for the taking.
Mizzthingaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 01:31 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzthingaling View Post
Welcome Kiara. That is one of my niece's middle name. I am doing the Ideal Protein plan and I'm finally focused and ready for this. My mom has been telling me to get all the weight off before 30 because it's harder after that. It's great you are starting early. I wish I had gotten serious before.

As for my advice, I say take it one day, one meal at a time. If you stumble keep going. Stay conscious about what you put in your mouth. Claim your future body, it is really yours for the taking.
Thank you for your response! my mom has always told me the younger i am the easier it will be and I am so ready to be healthy but also more confident especially when clothes shopping...its so depressing having to go to the plus size section or store and hope something fits and when it doesnt man thats even more depressing...i agree with taking it one day at a time one meal at a time. I have been keeping a food journal as well as taking Alli which makes me stay honest as well as steers me away from "cheating" on my new lifestyle simply because I have all the numbers of calories, fat, and weight watchers points right in my face and well if you overeat fat and calories Alli is said to give pretty nasty side effects and since i want to avoid those i am definately trying to moniter what i eat well! if you dont mind me asking...how old are you?
Old 05-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #8  

also i have some awesome omelet recipes if anyone is interested!
Old 05-21-2011, 03:19 PM   #9  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Hello Kiara!....my name is Lisa and I weigh ONE lb more than you! I started Ideal Protein on April 27th and have lost 19 lbs so far along with 29 inches. I want to get to 250lbs maybe even 200 but for now my goal is 250. I am 45 so it will be harder for me to lose than you but my mind is set to lose it...is yours? OF course it is, you have started weight watchers...good luck and keep in touch!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

hi Kiara! you are def doing the right thing working on this NOW; I gained weight more or less steadily after about age 35 (more sedentary jobs, general laziness : ) and it's much harder now. I am not completely veggie but I try to eat very little meat; I'd love to trade some omelet and other recipes (I also use a lot of eggs whites to cut down cholesterol). I'm sure you'll like 3FC; there are amazing levels of support and knowledge here. Welcome!
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:16 PM   #11  
Fat fat go away

S/C/G: 176/176/150

Height: 5'4

Default Hello!

Hi Kiara! I am 21 yrs old and am just starting. I wish you luck, and am sure you can do it if you put your mind to it
inkedinblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Hello Kiara!....my name is Lisa and I weigh ONE lb more than you! I started Ideal Protein on April 27th and have lost 19 lbs so far along with 29 inches. I want to get to 250lbs maybe even 200 but for now my goal is 250. I am 45 so it will be harder for me to lose than you but my mind is set to lose it...is yours? OF course it is, you have started weight watchers...good luck and keep in touch!
Thank you so much for your ressponse and encouragement i am very focused on this weight loss because i feel one i lose it and keep it offf i will have a more active and interesting life! which i am super ready for...does ideal protein cost much to maintain how does it work? and great job on your accomplishment of 19 pounds and 29 inches so far keep it up!
Old 05-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by guynna View Post
hi Kiara! you are def doing the right thing working on this NOW; I gained weight more or less steadily after about age 35 (more sedentary jobs, general laziness : ) and it's much harder now. I am not completely veggie but I try to eat very little meat; I'd love to trade some omelet and other recipes (I also use a lot of eggs whites to cut down cholesterol). I'm sure you'll like 3FC; there are amazing levels of support and knowledge here. Welcome!
Hi! thanks for your response...i also use egg whites...i buy the egg beaters egg white and I LOVE THEM....i try to mostly eat veggie omelets as i do limit my meat intake as well...so far my fav omelet has 1/2 cup egg whites....steamed broccili and mushrooms that i brown with cooking spray with 1/4 cup of cheese...i season everything with DASH...as there is no salt and there are so many great tasting flavors!
Old 05-21-2011, 07:57 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedinblack View Post
Hi Kiara! I am 21 yrs old and am just starting. I wish you luck, and am sure you can do it if you put your mind to it
Thank u so much...i have much more to lose than u but i am ready and focused on this new lifestyle change...good luck withyour journey!
Old 05-22-2011, 01:59 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/183/150

Height: 5'5

Welcome girl!!! You're in the right place!!! I just started weight watchers too! So for 7 lbs lost in the last two weeks since I've started! I have to weigh myself tomorrow! So nervous!
BabyGotBack123 is offline   Reply With Quote