Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-02-2011, 04:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 264?/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Default This time it's forever!

Hi All,

I'm new here, though I joined 3fc last year, I forgot about it along with my weight loss efforts! This time though, I am really motivated and determined to make it stick!

I have been overweight (and now obese ) since college. I am an overachiever so instead of being content with gaining the freshman fifteen, I gained the freshman 50! A stressful work/class schedule and lack of exercise caused me to balloon even further - though in my second year I quit drinking soda and lost about 18 lbs without really trying. I must have really been drinking a LOT of soda!

I tried weight watchers a few years ago with a friend - she stuck with it, I didn't. I did lose about 15 lbs but I didn't really like their points system and the pseudo food that the leaders try to peddle.

I've made various other attempts (some half hearted, some gung ho for a month or two and then EPIC fail) throughout the years to lose weight or eat better but none of them lasted.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I learned that one of my best childhood friends, who had been morbidly obese her whole life, had passed away at the age of 32, leaving behind a young son. I was so saddened by this news and it really was a wake up call that I need to do something about my weight.

I think part of the problem is that I "carry my weight well" - and so have never really had a problem getting dates, having boyfriends, etc. and am also very social and outgoing, so I was able to ignore the issue. That being said, I am not doing this for ANYONE but MYSELF! I am so determined this time. I don't want to be the fat friend any more or the girl with the pretty face (and huge gut)!

I'm really glad to have a site like this, the support of others in the pursuit of the same goals, and am looking forward to getting to know some of you more over the course of this journey.

Never give up, never surrender!
pochamma10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/210/150

Height: 5' 7"

Hiii! How have you decided to lose weight? You just going to count calories? Or are you going to use a specific diet plan?

Best of luck
MusicalJess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:23 AM   #3  

Hi MusicalJess - thanks for your question! I went online and used a couple of different calculators to determine an ideal calorie range (I plan to try out a level, see if that works, and, if need be, drop by 250 calorie increments until I see movement on the scale!) and I am incorporating more exercise through resistance band workouts and some exercise DVDs. Other than that, I'm trying to eat as clean as possible, drink a lot of water (not hard here as the average temp is 110 F!), and stay focused and positive. I'm not using any particular plan aside from that!
Old 04-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275-280/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Good luck! Sounds like you've got a plan and I hope it works out great.
ilidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:33 PM   #5  

good luck!!!!!!!!

you can do that

step by step
lovely555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:12 PM   #6  
Noobie xD

S/C/G: 185/185/132

Height: 5'3

Welcome to 3FC! we wish u the best on ur goals!!!
D O L L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:57 AM   #7  

Thanks to everyone for your support! I am actually excited about the journey this time - my break through was really getting it into my head that this is a lifestyle change, not a diet or temporary fix!
Old 04-03-2011, 04:35 AM   #8  
Gym-Goer and Dancer

S/C/G: 200/165/145

You'll get even more excited about it as it starts working! It's amazing what can happen when you set your mind to just DOING it, no excuses!
Best of luck, Ana
Ana Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #9  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Three things stand out for me, your realization of lifes finite existance, the admission of the problem (current lifestyle) and the willingness to educate yourself (plan) for a better future.

Before we can better ourselves we must admit to past mistakes, hey thats what life is for right ?

I am confident you are of the mindset to do this, you picked a great place for help both mentally and physically.
Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #10  
hee haw

S/C/G: 182/173.6/120

Height: 5'2"

Good luck with your life style change!
torta del burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 02:54 AM   #11  

Thanks Ana! It's working already, I'm down nearly six lbs in a little over a week! So now to keep it up for the long haul ahead - I'm ready!! This is the first time I've actually felt like I can do this, not just for a few lbs, or a few months, but forever!

Thanks Resolute for your insightful post! Wow, 171 lbs lost?!?! I am in awe, what an amazing achievement! I'm really enjoying the site and the support here and will definitely be checking in each day! I love your avatar!

Thanks Torta!!!