Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-30-2011, 08:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: Ideal weight is 143-163

Height: 5'7

Red face Texasn Newbie that has finally realized that this is it!

Hello!
I am a Texasn newbie that has been lurking the boards for a fewy days untill I decided to finally join.
Well, I am 5'7 and would like to weight 143-163 however I am about 95-80 overweight. At my biggest I was almost bursting out of a size 18, yet size 20 has NEVER really fit me....so I was in between....but now I am good at an 18 but my goal is to be a size 8 (which was 10 years ago).
Almost a year ago I took phentermine and water pills with a friend @ through a weight loss program at a clinic, however I lost about 27 pounds in about 5 months, but I didn't feel good, and I was fitting into my 16 pants again and a size L shirt almost med (I am small at the tope and big at the bottom). A lot of people told me that I looked tired and sick. Then after quitting phentermine I ballooned up a bit maybe gained half of what I lost....my muffin top is back to haunt me....
No I wish to re-start loosing weight, but without pills or anything that is not healthy for me.
I decided that this is it, I am young with no kids and I can do this. Not for looks, but for my own health. (I am 26).
It took one look in the mirror at inside a dressing room to realize that "yes that big girl is really you! we need to work on this hon!"
MakeUpIsFabulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 10:16 PM   #2  
Gym-Goer and Dancer

S/C/G: 200/165/145

Height: 5'9"

Welcome! It's great you decided to get healthy -- you CAN do it without those pills!

Have you started anything specific like calorie counting or exercising yet?
Ana Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 11:56 PM   #3  

no plan yet. Im working on figuring something out
Old 04-02-2011, 04:44 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 264?/see ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Makeup! I'm new here too and also had a similar realization after looking at some photos of myself and my size 6 friend! We used to be about the same size and now I look like three of her! I'm trying to do clean eating/calorie counting but am currently living overseas so it's a bit difficult but I am determined to make it stick this time! Good luck on devising a plan that works for you.

BTW, I love your pic! hehe
pochamma10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #5  

Hello pochamma10 and Ana Chambers!!
thank you so much for welcoming me!!
you know now I have a positive look on this. I am not going to give up like I usually always did on previous attempts. I took a blood pressure test and it came out high but not for medication, but that scared me enough to give me motivation to live healthy.