Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-22-2011, 11:22 PM   #1  
Too Cold To Shiver

S/C/G: 76/148/113

Height: 5'3"

Default Unique Track Record

Hey, I'm Dream Shadow

I've been struggling with my weight since I was twelve years old (I'm 18 now) and have been ALL over the map since then. Anorexic and hospitalized at 76. Overweight and suicidal at 176. And then now, still having issues trying to find somewhere I'm comfortable at, at 148. I wouldn't consider myself eating disordered anymore, so much as I just have disordered eating and body image struggles- but I'm tired of it! I want to get down to about 113ish, but every time I try losing weight, I end up gaining it quickly all back. Definitely looking for a forum where I can find some support and new ideas, outlooks, etc. on this whole thing.

Thanks so much! Hope to meet some awesome people here.

P.S. And just to make this clear: I am NOT looking for another ED forum. Just weight loss plain and simple.

Last edited by Dream Shadow; 03-22-2011 at 11:31 PM. Reason: My little P.S. at the bottom
Dream Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 11:29 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey there, and

You say that you gain it all back - what you don't mention is how you're losing it in the first place. In my experience, to make weight loss stick, you need to make changes that you can stick with. That means embracing health, fueling yourself, and changing the way you eat and move for good. That's an outlook that most of the people in our Living Maintenance forum (for those maintaining at goal weight) share...that these changes are forever, but that's OK because they're ENJOYABLE.

So, what changes can you make to be a healthier, happier you?

Anyway, look around, jump in, and find a spot. Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote