Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-05-2011, 10:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 310/292/180

Height: 5'7

Default Hello everyone.. looking for some friends and support

Hi everyone! Well I just joined here and I am praying that you all can help me! I am morbidly obese. I need to lose weight, its become an issue of not wanting to lose weight to look better but NEEDING to lose it to stay alive!! I am 31 years old and the very proud mother to 1 little girl. I have just about all the health issues we big gals have. High cholesterol, high BP, I have 2 herniated discs in my back that I have been getting epidural injections in and they haven't been helping. I know if I get some of this weight off it will help so much. But I don't know whats wrong with me, I know I HAVE to lose weight to watch my daughter grow.. oh I forgot to mention my father passed away at 46 from a massive heart attack and my aunt was 27 when she passed away from heart failure so its a good chance I will have heart issues which I already do.. had a cardiac cath and found weakened heart muscles.

Sorry I know I am going all over the place right now. I really just need to find some friends and support. I have all the reasons to lose but I have no self control, I am very depressed, I have no friends around here with these issues, I just feel so alone and desperate. I don't know if this is the right place for me but I don't know where else to turn.
Tamlynne31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #2  
On a mission

S/C/G: 14/14/7 (sizes)

Height: 5'2

Hi
Welcome!!!
and I just want to hug you bless your heart.
What kind of diet are you looking to follow? If you search the forums you can find all kind of resources here Heck, I am finding new ways to cook 'old foods' ...what foodie doesn't love that?
There are so many different sub groups that I am sure you will find what you are looking for.
In regards to your herniated disks (I have spine issues too) what helped me the most was yoga. It got me to where I was in a lot less pain, it got me to where my posture wasn't so bad and it got me strong and rubber bandy enough to do more aerobic exercise It helped my self confidence too.

" but I have no self control"
yes you do we all do... or we would leave a terrible wake of maimed bad bosses, mean girls and boys, and you know those drivers that cut you off in our paths *I joke I kid*

So again.. Welcome
And congratulations on making the decision to begin your journey
Mindless Games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 208/194/160

Height: 5'6"

Hi Tamlynne! You have a lot of support, encouragement, and empathy on these boards. We all can relate and we want you to do well.

Do you have a plan that you're following?
Fizziecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 11:19 AM   #4  

I am going to calorie count. I have tried alot of different plans in the past and I can't stink to anything so I am going to try calorie counting. My brother was 400 lbs when he started to calorie count and hes lost 75 lbs so far so I am going to give it a try. I just wish we were closer so he could help me with it.
Old 03-05-2011, 11:21 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindless Games View Post
Hi
Welcome!!!
and I just want to hug you bless your heart.
What kind of diet are you looking to follow? If you search the forums you can find all kind of resources here Heck, I am finding new ways to cook 'old foods' ...what foodie doesn't love that?
There are so many different sub groups that I am sure you will find what you are looking for.
In regards to your herniated disks (I have spine issues too) what helped me the most was yoga. It got me to where I was in a lot less pain, it got me to where my posture wasn't so bad and it got me strong and rubber bandy enough to do more aerobic exercise It helped my self confidence too.

" but I have no self control"
yes you do we all do... or we would leave a terrible wake of maimed bad bosses, mean girls and boys, and you know those drivers that cut you off in our paths *I joke I kid*

So again.. Welcome
And congratulations on making the decision to begin your journey
Is there a certain dvd you did for yoga or did you take a class? I am always afraid of yoga cause I feel I am too fat to do it or I will hurt myself trying to do those moves they do lol

and yes... yes you are so right.. I do have self control cause there would be alot of very sore people out there from my kicking their butts! LOL
Old 03-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #6  
On a mission

S/C/G: 14/14/7 (sizes)

Height: 5'2

I used wii fit.
The hubby bought it for me after I got my robot/zombie spine parts
What I like about the wii fit is it monitors your center of balance and helps you stay in proper form.
I also use "Total Yoga Flow" dvd's.
Fit TV on direct TV has several shows. I haven't personally vetted any out but it's worth a look
The thing is just do as much as you can and if it feels weird in a bad way stop.
If it feels weird in a good way share with the rest of the forum
If you think you'd do well in a group class ( i have a friend who LOVES hers) go to the Y, there are very few "super models" roaming around the YMCA. And most of the "super models" there are pretty nice anyhow.
In my cardio classes there are ALL shapes sizes fitness levels and ages.
If yoga isn't your thing seriously... stretching and walking will do a world of good
Mindless Games is offline   Reply With Quote