Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #1  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

Default This time it will happen for me...share your "secret"

I just wanted to introduce myself.

I am a 25 year old stay at home mom. I wore a size 16 all through highschool until I became pregnant and after giving birth 16 months ago I have been stuck in size 18. (well really a size 20, but I would never buy that size so I squeezed into 18's with a HUGE muffin top)

My wedding is coming up in July and I have to do something about this weight. I always pictured myself looking like a princess and now I am scared I will look more like the stay-puff marshmallow man.

For the first time in my dieting life I have decided to tell NO ONE that I am starting. Everytime I start a diet and end up failing I feel so dumb. So now I am not telling anyone, I have signed up here instead and can't wait to see the inches melt off.

I can do this! I know you all can too!

So what is everyone's "secret" I am starting with Ideal Protein. A friend of mine has lost a lot of weight, looks great and says she feels amazing.
Shrinking Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:43 PM   #2  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Hey congrats on the new baby and you CAN do this!
There really is no secret - just a little self motivation and will power. I haven't heard of the Ideal Protein, but if your friend says it worked for her - why not give it a try?
I'm currently doing Low Carbs. Nothing crazy and I basically eat whatever everyone else does, just in a healthier way.

Good luck and let us know how it's coming along!
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:54 PM   #3  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Hi, Sandra, and welcome!

A thick princess is still a princess, so no matter how much you've lost by July, I am 100% positive you'll look amazing.

If there's one "secret" I've learned, it's that losing weight doesn't have to be punishment, deprivation, and constant white-knuckled struggling. I used to cut, cut, cut at what I ate; now instead of thinking about what I'm cutting out, I think about what I'm adding. More vegetables, more protein, more unusual stuff I've never tasted before--that's where my focus is, not on stuff I don't eat.

I've chosen calorie counting, but I've heard a lot of good things about Ideal Protein here. There's a forum devoted to IP itself, but a lot of low-carb eaters browse around in other low-carb areas to get recipe tips and such.

Oh, and please don't feel dumb for starting a diet and not sticking with it in the past; think of all you've learned about what doesn't work for you. That's an immense wealth of knowledge you've built, so put it to use!

Most of the time, you don't fail at the diet, the diet fails you because it's just not the right one for you. One of the best things I've learned from 3FC is that as long as you're going about it in a healthy way, there are a lot of roads to successful weight loss. If you give IP a chance and it doesn't thrill you, don't become discouraged and give up weight loss--just look for the strategy that suits YOU.

Looking forward to reading of your successes!
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:45 PM   #4  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome Sandra, Glad to have you join us. My advice is to look for a Support group, Chat, or Challange to join; small groups make it easier to get connected. Most sub-forums have groups covering almost every need, find one that inspires or motivates you and just post to join.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:50 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 241/188.8/120

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Sandra, welcome! I mostly calorie count and use a BodyBugg to keep track of what I burn. The IP people seem to have a great deal of success and I'm sure you will too! Be sure to check out the 20-somethings board sometime.
audri8301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:53 PM   #6  
Danielle

S/C/G: 293/see ticker/193

Height: 5'8

I calorie count and make sure i stay pretty active. Any movement is better than no movement at all!
MzJuicyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 195.5/130/120

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome! The three things I have done differently this time that have made things so much easier - and me more successful are:

1. Come here (almost) everyday and post, comment on a post or just read. I read a few threads every morning to get me motivated and in gear to stay on plan that day.

2. Drink water! Really, this does make a difference.

3. PLAN. I plan on what I'm going to eat every day and in every situation. It makes things much easier.
Shytowngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 11:09 PM   #8  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote