Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-26-2010, 11:26 AM   #1  
2nd time around...

S/C/G: 181.5/176/150 (2nd time)

Height: 5 foot 5 inches

Default 2nd time around

Just wanted to introduce myself! I am a 2nd timer for low carb. I went from 256 to 150 in 2005 and maintained for 3 years. Then I decided to add in running and decided to add back carbs in order to run better. Thing is, that adding in a few carbs to run ended up being back on bread etc...till 30 pounds and 2 years later, I am back with my tail between my legs and starting over on induction.

I am suspicious that I have some sort of gluten intolerance because I seem to be unable to lose or even maintain with any grains in my body, and the last week back on induction I have not had a stomachache at all...which was a constant occurrence. So, as much as I hate that (my dad is a farmer/rancher who raises wheat and we grind our own flour and make our own bread) I guess I need to just not consume wheat. At least I can eat the beef my dad raises!

I am now starting over and have lost my intro weight well, and just need to stick it out. I feel so much better on induction level or slightly higher carbs that I cannot understand why I ever screw that up! But it was such a gradual thing I didn't even realize where I was going until I was there!
ChristaRenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You might have insulin resistance issues and that makes it harder to consume carbs and lose weight in general.

I'm sure you can lose it again! You lost over 100 lbs, I think you'll easily take off 30
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:48 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote