Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-28-2010, 12:22 PM   #1  

Default Sticking to my New Year's resolution

Hi, I'm new to the forum and thought I should introduce myself.

I'm in my mid-20s, and live close to Washington D.C. I've struggled with my weight for the past 7 years, especially after I got my own house and didn't have to account to anyone for all the fast food I ate.

My biggest weaknesses are fast food and overeating (ie. Taco Bell and mixing bowl size servings of Lucky Charms )

I've previously tried diet pills, 6 week body makeover, south beach- but I've never stuck with anything for longer than 2 weeks.

However....this year has finally been a turning point for me. Between my mother losing more than 60lbs (Go Mom!) last year, and the support of my dear partner, I finally have the motivation I need to make it to the end of my weight loss goals.

On Jan 1st, 2010 I started "The Final Diet" (dum dum dum). I weigh myself daily, and track my weight on a mega-excel spreadsheet. I set a weight loss goal of 2lbs/week for the first 2 months and then a 1lb/week goal for the remainder of the weight I would like to lose.

I decided that strict diets don't work for me- I end up burning out too quickly. Instead, I've given up fast food, and adopted new, healtheir comfort foods. My daily egg and cheese sandwhich is now egg whites, turkey sausage and greek yogurt and my lunch of burritos, queso and chips is now greek salad with tuna or chicken. I love to cook, and have been very impressed with the Weight Watchers cookbook.

I started using an elliptical machine ~5 nights a week while watching all my favorite tv shows (Biggest Loser being #1), and just yesterday I rewarded my two months of staying on the wagon by buying myself 2 Jillian Micheals workout DVDs.

I'm proud to say that since Jan 1st, I've lost more than 17 lbs, and am right on track with the goals I set for myself!

I'm looking forward to being inspired by the people I meet on this forum, and hope that eventually I can inspire someone else.

~tunealoo
tunealoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 232/196/150

Height: 5ft6

Welcome and well done on 17lbs. I hope I too am on the final diet
MK2010 is offline   Reply With Quote