Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-15-2010, 08:26 PM   #1  

Smile I'm Zora

I registered a few days ago, but haven't gotten around to introducing myself.

I'm a 36 yo woman with husband, kids, a dog... and more pounds that I like.

A few years ago, I weighed 309 pounds. After being diagnosed and starting treatment for Hypothyroidsm, I lost some of that but it wasn't until this January I got serious about losing the rest of the weight. My weight was 270 pounds then and now it is 265.

Only losing 5 punds would be really discouraging if it wasn't for the way my body feels better, stronger and that I've become a total of 20 inches smaller. I've even joined a gym and work out there several times a week. I'm hoping the weight will come off at a better pace eventually. I've been mistreating my body for so long, so I'm hoping it just needed some time to adjust.

My weight loss plan is basic watching the calories (I'm having trouble getting enough now that I'm eating healthier. Ironic, huh?), exercising and being aware of the psychological prosess in this. And seeking out support where I can find it. So here I am.
Zora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/198/135

Height: 5'3

Welcome to the comumity! I too just joined. They are all really nice and supportive. I know exactly how you fell about no difference in pounds but you feel stronger. I can always feel when I'm doing really well compared to when I've slacked off for a while. So as long as you feel like you're making progress I guess that's all that matters. Good luck in your weight loss journey!
Dyeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/ticker/155

Height: 5'8

Welcome! I'm new here too, well like two weeks new. I have already discovered how nice and supportive these people are. It's incredible! Good luck on your weight loss!!
farn00a57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:55 PM   #4  

Thank you!
Zora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 11:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/145

Height: 5'4"

Welcome (to all of yall, I'm new as well) and good luck on your new journey. I'm actually a WLS person (dieting and exercise just didn't work for me, no matter what I did so it was my personal decision to go through WLS) and I went from weighing 298 lbs down to 148'ish. I'm a new person with a whole new outlook on life, a lot of new goals and a lot healthier. (well, somewhat, I'm dealing with some post-WLS issues right now)

Anyways, again, welcome and it's nice to meet yall!!
Nikkie219 is offline   Reply With Quote