Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-09-2009, 05:56 PM   #1  

Default I'm ready to jump in..

A few years ago I lost 80 lbs on the Atkins diet, bringing me to the 230 pounds that I still carry today. Even though I "follow" the diet, somewhat, my weight hasn't gone up or down.. which I guess is ok. I'm ready to get serious and start losing weight again - I joined a Tai Chi class (which I LOVE) and will start working out at home or maybe even go to the gym. I don't, however, have ANY idea about what I should do about food. I love eating low carb because I don't have to watch my fats as closely as I do when eating carbs.. but I've stalled. I know in my heart that if I went back to induction and actually started to look at what I'm eating that I could probably be successful again on Atkins. But I don't know. I was hoping that someone here might have some advise or experience to share to help guide me in the right direction. I REALLY want out of the 200's.
Calythia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Calythia, to 3FC... you will not be disappointed here... everyone I have met here have all come to mean so much to me, and have helped me more then I could ever discribe! I can not help much with the Atkins, I am a calorie counter.. there is however an Atkins/lowcarb thread here at 3FC http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/carb-counters-117/
We also have a Biggest Loser challenge starting in the new year if you are interested.. check out my sig, and follow the link there to check it out.. for me i find it helps keep me accountable and motivated!
Way to go btw, on deciding to make a change and do something about it.. That takes courage!! You are going to do awesome!!
Cape Breton Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #3  

Thank you Angela I signed up for the challenge and will check out the low carb forum.
Calythia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 06:52 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Yay!! Calythia... I love what the show does for so many people!... Here is a link to FAQ's/info bout how the challenges work in case you haven't found your way around yet.. I know at first it takes some getting use to.. but sososooo worth it! lol

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...enges-faq.html
Cape Breton Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:28 PM   #6  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Calythia - glad to have you join us! you're going to absolutely love it here !! and YEH! you joined up for the biggest loser challenge that is really awesome!

i too like Angela, am a calorie counter girl. i love it, cause i get to eat everything i want, as long as its in my calorie range!

i did atkins a few years ago, and lost some weight, but then gained it back again, cause i love my carbs! so sorry i cant help you with the atkins.

after watching the biggest loser, i read jillians books, and listened to her podcasts, and started calorie counting. i've learnt so much from her. its basically a maths equation, calorie deficient, equals weight loss!

also feel free to join our little confession/accountability thread.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...sions-3-a.html

whichever way you decide to lose the weight, i wish you all the best!!

i also love the biggest loser!

Last edited by Echo; 12-09-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #7  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Calythia!
I, like you, did Atkins by just counting carbs only & lost a lot of weight but then stalled - then gained it all back. Now I counting calories and carbs and it's working a lot better - losing pounds and inches in a steady fashion - maybe that might work for you as well.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:07 PM   #8  
I ♥ Life!

S/C/G: 231/221/150

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck!
Dulce Vida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/113/Maintain

I've been lurking for awhile and decided to take the plunge and say hello.

About 11 years ago, I lost 50 lbs. I've had some lapses over the years. I would relax my vigilance, and gain 10 lbs or so (almost overnight, it seemed). I've decided I'm not going to let that happen anymore. These days, if I gain 5 lbs., I will go into commando mode!

Right now, I'm where I want to be weight wise. But I really need contact with people who care about being healthy. We live in a Big Mac world, and I sometimes feel like the odd man out for caring about my health and weight.

There is so much inspiration here. I come regularly to get my "fix". I thought I finally ought to say "Hello!".
peaches09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:46 PM   #10  

Height: 5'11

Welcome!!
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #11  
I ♥ Life!

S/C/G: 231/221/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches09 View Post
I've been lurking for awhile and decided to take the plunge and say hello.

About 11 years ago, I lost 50 lbs. I've had some lapses over the years. I would relax my vigilance, and gain 10 lbs or so (almost overnight, it seemed). I've decided I'm not going to let that happen anymore. These days, if I gain 5 lbs., I will go into commando mode!

Right now, I'm where I want to be weight wise. But I really need contact with people who care about being healthy. We live in a Big Mac world, and I sometimes feel like the odd man out for caring about my health and weight.

There is so much inspiration here. I come regularly to get my "fix". I thought I finally ought to say "Hello!".
Welcome to you too, Peaches!
Dulce Vida is offline   Reply With Quote