Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-09-2009, 10:21 AM   #1  
hollster/holly/hollyday:)

S/C/G: 214/203/170

Height: 5'5"

Default Hi!

I am 4 months post partum and I'd like to lose the rest of my baby weight and then some! I was 195 pounds when I got pregnant last December, 248 pounds at the end of my pregnancy, 214 pounds 8 weeks post partum, and now I'm 203 pounds. My goal weight is 170 pounds which would put me at a BMI of 28 and in a US dress size 8 to 10. I feel healthy and slim at that weight, although it may seem like a large number to some.

I've battled my weight all my life. Even when I was thin I never thought I was. I was a cheerleader in high school and I weighed 130 pounds at the time and wore the smallest-waisted uniform of all the girls, yet still weighed the most. Pretty early on in life I learned that I simply weighed more than most people who looked to be about my size. My Mom mercilessly teased and yelled at me about my weight (apparently she wanted a thin daughter), which didn't help, either. Every single doctor I've ever gone to has given me a weight loss lecture. So you could say I'm a bit sensitive when it comes to conversations about weight loss.

In spite of these obstacles, I'd really like to maintain a healthy and happy weight for me.

Last edited by holls; 12-09-2009 at 10:22 AM. Reason: grammar
holls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #2  
Want2BeThin

S/C/G: 178.6/163.5/135

Height: 61.5 inches

Hi there and good luck....you can do it!
Want2BeThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:08 PM   #4  

Thanks for the encouragement and warm welcome. I'm definitely feeling a bit daunted by the task ahead of me, especially since I know I lose weight so slowly. However, I have lost weight in the past, and I can do it again. This time, however, I want the weight loss to be permanent!

Today marks the first entry on my homemade food diary. I am uploading my .doc template just in case anyone's curious or wants an easy, printable diary. And, of course, if you have any suggestions for how I can improve my diary, let me know! I am thinking that, at some point, I should add in a place for exercise (i.e. I can subtract calories burned from my calories eaten) since I plan to run (jog/gasp my way through) a 5K in a few months and my body will require more than 1500 calories in order to keep up with the training.

I'm not sure my goal, 1500 calories a day or less, is realistic. I'm worried that I actually need to eat fewer calories in order to see any difference on the scale. However, I'm going to start at 1500 and see what happens. Maybe my post-baby body will surprise me?
Attached Files
File Type: doc Food Diary.doc (91.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 12-09-2009, 04:18 PM   #5  
I ♥ Life!

S/C/G: 231/221/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi Holls!

Welcome to 3FC, you are off to a great start! It is a great site, so I think you will get lots of motivation and support from here. =)
Dulce Vida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:00 AM   #6  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Holls!
Sounds like you're off to a great start with determination and a wonderful sense of self, striving for what is best for you - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to see you through!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best, good luck with your goals,
Lee
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #7  

Thanks Dulce and Lee! I found this place kind of by accident and I'm glad I did. The posts I read more than convinced me what a great community this is and I hope I am as encouraging to others as everyone else is. So far I'm very much enjoying the accountability aspect of this forum. I know if I slip up I'm going to have to change my weight on my profile page and I certainly don't want to do that!

I'm considering changing my overall goal to 148 pounds, which would put me just in the "normal" category for BMI. The last time I was 148 pounds I was 23 years old and HAWT! I can't even imagine looking and feeling that way, again. I set my sights on 170 pounds because the last time I was that weight I also felt pretty good and pretty. Should I set myself up for potential failure by giving myself a 148 goal? Or, maybe the stricter goal would have the opposite effect and encourage me to do more. Decisions, decisions.

Hope you guys have a great weekend!!!

Last edited by holls; 12-11-2009 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Ugh. Spelling.