Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-10-2009, 11:00 AM   #1  

Height: 5'9

Default New Beginnings

Hello everyone, nice to meet you all

Starting today i will be taking accountability for myself. I'm thinking it's going to be harder than it sounds!

Lets start with an introduction. Hi my name is Carla.I am 27 yo. I live in Ontario, with my husband and two babies (also known as doggies).

I work full time in retail. I Absolutely LOVE my job, even though it is stressful at times.

I love to cook (when i have the time) , and i HATE cleaning , you can already see the issues there Thank god i have have my adoring husband to clean up my messes with/ for me.

I Love food. I Love lots of food. I eat when im happy , sad, glad and mostly when im bored!

I'm making the stand today !! NO more ! I am changing my life for the better, but i need help! I need support! and most of all I need to be held accountable!

My first step of action absolutely must be PORTION CONTROL. Some how, some where i have learned that i cannot possibly be full unless i have that "full feeling" in my belly. You can imagine what that would do to you after years of over eating.

I have a Main goal. I am traveling to Mexico in May and i want to wear a bathing suit. That's 5 months. In 5 months i would like to lose 50 lbs. Is that unreasonable ? Only 10lbs a month. what do you think?

I would love to buddy up with someone who is looking to make a change in their life , no matter how big or small. Making this journey just seems easier with others by your side.

Thank you for reading me, and letting me go on, as i often do

Last edited by Carbuckle; 12-10-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Carbuckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5"4

I would love to buddy up with you. The most important thing is to push yourself, even when you don't feel like it. Keep moving. You have to excercise.
kaylasmom010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #3  
TimeForAChange

S/C/G: 202/202/140

Height: 5'5"

Dear Carla,

I'll be happy to be by your side! We all need support every once in a while!

I too, have recently commited to making a change in my health for the better. Believe me when i say it is going to be hard..but not impossible! You are starting off well.. controling portion sizes is a little step toward your big goal! Make sure you know what IS a portion size and how much you need a day!

Lean meats, for example, one serving is 3-4 oz.
Grains, for one serving is 1 small bagel or 1 piece of whole grain bread.
Fruits, for one serving is 1/2 c of fresh fruits or 8 full oz of real fruit juice..

and so on and so forth...

keep account for all of the calories you eat..calorie counting is another way to help control your portions and how much you eat. Knowing how much calories of something is will help you greatly with your counting and portion control. Try buying a calorie book (I recommend CalorieKing available at Barns & Nobles or any book store) or you can go to calorieking.com..all you have to do is type in the name of the food and BOOM! There's how many calories it is!

Third, ALLOW yourself a cheater day! On this day, eat what you want and let loose! Don't go nuts and have 8 helping plates of spegetti..but be resonable and have those chips you've been craving all week or that leftover pizza. Have some McDonald's or TacoBell if that's what will satisfy you.

Forth, BELIEVE in yourself..have others believe in you..like you said..it is much easier when you have supportive people by yourside. MUCH easier. Have a friend or family member do this with you..not just to lose weight but to become healthier and to feel great! Say, YOU CAN DO THIS!!

One of the most important variable in this equation is EXCERSIZE! Tho, i try not to think of it as excersize.. think of it as a healthy lifestyle helper. Think of it as "fun time" or "fit time" anything positive to make yourself get on the tredmill and run a mile or two. *Good for the heart btw* Watch tv while your on the tred, or listen to some music..

I'm sure i can go on but I think you get my point..you'll find LOTS of things to help better your journey. Do some research!

I hope you can accomplish your goal and goodluck!!!! Hope to chat with you more on 3FC!

~Hannah

Last edited by HannahBoo23; 12-10-2009 at 11:31 AM.
HannahBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #4  
I ♥ Life!

S/C/G: 231/221/150

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC!

I think 10 pounds a month is very reasonable! You can do it, and in 5 months time you will be so happy that you did! This site has provided me with tons on support and inspiration, so I'm sure it will do the same for you!
Dulce Vida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:04 AM   #5  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Carla!
Sounds like you're ready to go with a good plan and a can-do attitude -you'll be ready for Mexico - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to see you through!

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:56 AM   #6  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Welcome to 3FC and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote