Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-06-2009, 07:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 385/385/230

Height: 6"1

Default I am new to this and not sure if i'm doing it right!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Kady and I just turned 22 years old! I have had a weight problem all my life, and never really took it to seriously. I come from the parents got divorced when I was 18 months ago. Mom would cook during the week and Dad would do fast food all weekend, and Nana always had the best stuff in the house for my sister and I...cookies, ice cream, pop em's, brownies, all that good stuff. So I have never been brought up eating all the healthiest things expect for what my mom would make us eat dinner the week.

In grade school and middle school I was the heaviest out of all my classmate's. The things they would say to me were horrible. You name it they called me! I would have people call my house telling me how fat I am. My mom would talk to the school and the school would not do anything. All they did was put me in with a social worker to help me work out my "problems".

High school was the same. I could not wait for it to be over with! I never had a boyfriend and only went to 1 dance freshman year and told myself that I would never go to one again. When high school finish I took off of school and worked full time. I was on and off diets and then most I lost was 40lbs. When I went back to school I went back to be a hair dresser. We would eat out all the time sometimes twice a day and I blew up like a balloon. Now that I am done with school I feel like I can't find a job in the business because I am not pretty enough or I'm not skinny enough or I just don't have that look.

About 7 months I went to the doctor and he told me that I had pre-diabetes, depression, iron was low, and that I had ADD. Talk about a big hit all at once. So I was put on all sorts of meds. And recently I went to the gyno and she told the I had PCOS Poly-cystic ovarian syndrome.

I hope by coming to this site it will give me the help I need. This looks like a great support system.
Kady1202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/178/145

Height: 5'6"

This IS a great support system! I also am 22 and can relate to being the "heavy kid" when I was young. when i started college I realized there were whole weeks I ate out for every single meal. it feels really good to be making some progress and to have found this sight. I'm sorry about the medical bombshells, hopefully you'll get as much support and encouragement from this sight as I have. Good luck! and by the way: "not pretty enough..."? Seriously? I'd give anything for exotic features like yours
nrz242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC. Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:33 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/227.6/150

Height: 5'7"

Welcome Kady! I'm sorry for everything you had to go through. Kids can be so mean! But you have definitely found wonderful support here. I know it will help you accomplish any goals you have set for yourself. Good luck! We will all do it together!
cabinwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:36 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/212/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi!
I am new here too! Just wanted to say that I was glad you are here and hopefully we will be able to find the support we are looking for. Stay positive!
time2blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #6  

Default welcom

hello and welcom.. i am 23 years old and am lookin to lose weight as well.. hope we can all help each other .. need to lose 29 lbs...im on Fatsmash detox currently and it is really good.. i havent weighed in yet ..im on day 7 out of 9 days of no meat, no white carbs, no coffee, no wine.. lol sounds like a lot but its actually refreshing and im doin good so far. GOOD luck!!
salesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:31 PM   #7  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Kady!
That really is a lot to take on all at once - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to see you through.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums including ones on PCOS, diabetes & ADD - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated, inspired and entertained! There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help choose the right one for you and get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of cheating or giving up.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

Last edited by leeway; 12-06-2009 at 09:32 PM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 11:20 PM   #8  

Thank you so much everyone! I'm so excited about this!
Old 12-07-2009, 12:15 AM   #9  

Height: 5'9

vanessa761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:11 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 227/159/148

Height: 5'9"

Hi Kady.

In 3rd Grade, my Parents moved to a new city. I remember my first day of class. The other children sitting at my table starting poking my fingers. I asked why and they said they had never seen fingers so big.

Those memories never leave, unfortunately. But it actually does give us 'fatkids' an ultra sensitive awareness or empathy for other people who are "different" like we are/were.

So, what is your plan to health?
bonnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 07:27 AM   #11  

kady...wow you are beautiful....you are a very strong person, I can tell.... you can do this! Just a side note...the polycystic ovarian syndrome and prediabetes....there is a connection there....are you on meds? Like metformin? I am no doctor but I have read where metformin has helped people with PCOS to lose weight....it seems PCOS causes insulin resistance.

I'm thinking I may have PCOS so I have done a lot of research. Insulin resistance makes it harder to lose weight. Some people have lost weight by taking the metformin.

I'm not saying its a miracle pill but it may help. Just a thought .... and you may have already spoken to your doc about this. I just wanted to add my two cents best of luck to you!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #12  

Yes I am on metformin (take twice a day) along with birth control (to help the cysts on my ovaries) pristiq, adderall. I really am not eating alot right now because of all the medication. But what I am eating I am being healthy about. I really don't have a work-out plan right now because about 3 to 4 about ago I broke my foot. My doctor just recently told me that I can do things I just can't run or jump and I have to go back in 2 months for another x-ray. So I am kinda scared to do anything right now because the reason I broke my foot was because of my weight. I was cleaning out my car and I tripped on the shop-vac cord and when I went to put my foot down ALL of my weight went on it and snapped it. Bummer I know! I was in a cast for 15 weeks So I hope now is start of everything. All I really want is to be able to have a family and the thought of that not being able to happen is killing me.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:11 AM   #13  

I wasn't very overweight when I got pregnant with my daughter....at that time I was only having about three periods a year.. I took Clomid and on the second round..I got pregnant. I hope it will happen for you too. Weight loss will probably help with that...so you are on the right track! Have you been to the PCOS forum here? Its under dieting with obstacles. I havent been diagnosed officially with it but I had one doc recently casually mention I may have it. I'm gonna ask my doc about this soon. I wonder if the metformin is making you not eat as much? That may be a great side effect for you!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote