Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #1  
My name is Michelle

S/C/G: 200/190/145

Height: 5'5"

Red face You can always tell the new ones, can't you?

Hello again or just plain Hello (for the first time!)!

I say you can 'always tell the new ones' because I am one such person and because of my 'excited because I found this place' manner, I already posted a novelette in the 40's forum. So... to spare everyone from my blah blah blah'ing, I just make this short and sweet.

I'm 40, married, have two children and I need to lose about 50 lbs (maybe more, but I going by 10 lb increments for now). I work as a school secretary (which I love) and I SO happy I found you all!

Thanks for bearing with me and my willy-nilly posting!!
TheMrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:51 PM   #2  
On my way!

S/C/G: 211/ticker/145

Welcome! We are similar, I'm 40, 5'5", and my goal is 145 as well. I'm a SAHM and babysit an infant, but used to be a teacher. I also have two kids. Oh, and I'm in Missouri, so depending on what part of KS, not all that far from you!
mytmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Welcome both of you. I am 38 and also the mom of two small kids. Here, there are answers, support and success. I am glad you have found us. I began in late May/early June and found 3FC in October. It is very worth it and from what I can see, the views are pretty awesome. (I am still climbing the wall to get out.)

ETA: Former teacher and administrator here.

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 01-01-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:01 PM   #4  
No description available.

Welcome to 3FC!
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/112

Height: 5ft 1

Hiya, I'm new today too : )
muppetmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #6  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

School secretaries always rock. LOL I don't think I've ever come into contact with one I didn't like.

Welcome to the site
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #7  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi and

You appear to have already found your way around, so just jump in and keep posting.

Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:12 PM   #8  
My name is Michelle

Wow! Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I have to tell you all, I've tried losing weight off and on over the past year and once I lose a few pounds, I get lost and wind up putting it back on.. so frustrating.

I'm very happy to meet you all! I'm hoping to start a workout routine (a routine that I stick with, that is) that will motivate me to keep going - I have a real issue with willpower. Somewhere between really wanting to lose weight and being totally apathetic about what I know I have to do - you know - some days I just think, "So I'm fat.. so what?" and other days I am mega-motivated. I need to find a consistent and realistic medium - you know?
Old 01-01-2009, 08:14 PM   #9  
My name is Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytmom View Post
Welcome! We are similar, I'm 40, 5'5", and my goal is 145 as well. I'm a SAHM and babysit an infant, but used to be a teacher. I also have two kids. Oh, and I'm in Missouri, so depending on what part of KS, not all that far from you!
I am in Leavenworth, Kansas - not too far from Platte City, Missouri. What part of MO are you in?
Old 01-02-2009, 09:59 AM   #10  
On my way!

S/C/G: 211/ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrs View Post
I am in Leavenworth, Kansas - not too far from Platte City, Missouri. What part of MO are you in?
I'm in Columbia, we've been here three years. We own a manufacturing company in north mo in Brookfield, and I lived there for 15 years, HATED it, I was so glad to finally get out of there. I grew up in Ste. Genevieve and went to college in St. Louis, and have three sisters in the KC area, a brother in Warrensburg, and a bro and sis in the st. louis area (then two more sibs in Texas, I'm one of 9)
mytmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:19 AM   #11  
My name is Michelle

Well, since I have been looking around the site and have seen quite a few people's smiling faces, I decided to post my pic here so people would at least be able to put a face with my endless posting.

Please keep in mind that I'm not used to having my pic taken and I certainly don't take pics of myself often in the basement bathroom mirror.. hence the wonderfully strained smile on my face.

I'm afraid that's as good as it gets until I can talk my DH into taking an official before picture of me..... you know, one thing that bothers me about being overweight is my face. Getting old is a you-know-what, but getting old and having a double chin? Ugh!

Anyway, here's me - late night no makeup having strained smile:

Old 01-03-2009, 04:02 AM   #12  

S/C/G: Size 16/Size 16/Size 12

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMrs View Post
Getting old is a you-know-what, but getting old and having a double chin? Ugh!
oh I am SO SO with you on this one! I feel like I have a mini pillow under my chin! One of the reasons I want to lose weight is that trimmer people tend to look a bit younger. Another is so i can buy lots of small sized clothes in the sales, but hey I'm really shallow! My fat loss is all about looks lol
JenJam is offline   Reply With Quote