3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Introductions (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions-8/)
-   -   You can always tell the new ones, can't you? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/introductions/159927-you-can-always-tell-new-ones-cant-you.html)

TheMrs 01-01-2009 05:51 PM

You can always tell the new ones, can't you?

Hello again or just plain Hello (for the first time!)!

I say you can 'always tell the new ones' because I am one such person and because of my 'excited because I found this place' manner, I already posted a novelette in the 40's forum. So... to spare everyone from my blah blah blah'ing, I just make this short and sweet.

I'm 40, married, have two children and I need to lose about 50 lbs (maybe more, but I going by 10 lb increments for now). I work as a school secretary (which I love) and I SO happy I found you all!

Thanks for bearing with me and my willy-nilly posting!! :hug:

mytmom 01-01-2009 06:51 PM

Welcome! We are similar, I'm 40, 5'5", and my goal is 145 as well. I'm a SAHM and babysit an infant, but used to be a teacher. I also have two kids. Oh, and I'm in Missouri, so depending on what part of KS, not all that far from you!

Thighs Be Gone 01-01-2009 06:59 PM

Welcome both of you. I am 38 and also the mom of two small kids. Here, there are answers, support and success. I am glad you have found us. I began in late May/early June and found 3FC in October. It is very worth it and from what I can see, the views are pretty awesome. (I am still climbing the wall to get out.)

ETA: Former teacher and administrator here. :)

midwife 01-01-2009 07:01 PM

Welcome to 3FC!

muppetmummy 01-01-2009 07:25 PM

Hiya, I'm new today too : )

Beautiful Ace 01-01-2009 07:29 PM

School secretaries always rock. LOL I don't think I've ever come into contact with one I didn't like.

Welcome to the site:D

mandalinn82 01-01-2009 07:44 PM

Hi and :wel3fc:

You appear to have already found your way around, so just jump in and keep posting.

Can't wait to get to know you better!

TheMrs 01-01-2009 08:12 PM

Wow! Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. :D I have to tell you all, I've tried losing weight off and on over the past year and once I lose a few pounds, I get lost and wind up putting it back on.. so frustrating.

I'm very happy to meet you all! I'm hoping to start a workout routine (a routine that I stick with, that is) that will motivate me to keep going - I have a real issue with willpower. Somewhere between really wanting to lose weight and being totally apathetic about what I know I have to do - you know - some days I just think, "So I'm fat.. so what?" and other days I am mega-motivated. I need to find a consistent and realistic medium - you know?

TheMrs 01-01-2009 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mytmom (Post 2520837)
Welcome! We are similar, I'm 40, 5'5", and my goal is 145 as well. I'm a SAHM and babysit an infant, but used to be a teacher. I also have two kids. Oh, and I'm in Missouri, so depending on what part of KS, not all that far from you!

I am in Leavenworth, Kansas - not too far from Platte City, Missouri. What part of MO are you in? :)

mytmom 01-02-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMrs (Post 2521015)
I am in Leavenworth, Kansas - not too far from Platte City, Missouri. What part of MO are you in? :)

I'm in Columbia, we've been here three years. We own a manufacturing company in north mo in Brookfield, and I lived there for 15 years, HATED it, I was so glad to finally get out of there. I grew up in Ste. Genevieve and went to college in St. Louis, and have three sisters in the KC area, a brother in Warrensburg, and a bro and sis in the st. louis area (then two more sibs in Texas, I'm one of 9)

TheMrs 01-03-2009 03:19 AM

Well, since I have been looking around the site and have seen quite a few people's smiling faces, I decided to post my pic here so people would at least be able to put a face with my endless posting.

Please keep in mind that I'm not used to having my pic taken and I certainly don't take pics of myself often in the basement bathroom mirror.. hence the wonderfully strained smile on my face. :lol: :o

I'm afraid that's as good as it gets until I can talk my DH into taking an official before picture of me..... you know, one thing that bothers me about being overweight is my face. Getting old is a you-know-what, but getting old and having a double chin? Ugh!

Anyway, here's me - late night no makeup having strained smile:

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...Mrs_07/002.jpg

JenJam 01-03-2009 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMrs (Post 2523661)
Getting old is a you-know-what, but getting old and having a double chin? Ugh!

oh I am SO SO with you on this one! I feel like I have a mini pillow under my chin! One of the reasons I want to lose weight is that trimmer people tend to look a bit younger. Another is so i can buy lots of small sized clothes in the sales, but hey I'm really shallow! My fat loss is all about looks lol :)