Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 349 / 323 / 200

Height: 5' 11"

Talking Hiya! A new chick living in NC

I stumbled across this site looking for alternatives to the Weight Watchers smoothie packets ($7.50 for 7?!).

I am so excited! I love my WW group but I am such an internet junkie now that it's great to find a group of like minded folks online who are going through the same thing I am.

I started on my journey the first week of February when I found out my blood sugar was WAY out of whack. After a physical and 4 different medications, I started on Weight Watchers. I've lost 19.2 WW lbs so far and 26 since I got my diagnosis. Still trying to deal with the bounces that my weekly weight takes but I'm walking and I've lost enough that I'm back into jeans I haven't worn in at least two years and the loss is noticable to people who know and love me.

Currently live in Raleigh NC but I was born and raised in the Midwest. I'm on my third career and can't imagine doing anything else for a living. I work in theater after hours (though not right now, taking time for me) as a stage manager (mostly). I crochet and am learning to knit. Love to read (Jim Butcher, Charlaine Harris, Christopher Moore, Janet Evanovich). Love movies (I'm an action movie junkie). Spend lots of time on the internet at work and at home. Adore my neices and nephews and my family. Starting to re-learn to love exercise (I'd forgotten how good it felt just to MOVE).

I hope to get to know you all and offer my support in your personal journeys.

Last edited by ChristineRWW; 04-26-2008 at 11:08 AM.
ChristineRWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 283/see ticker/180?

Height: 5'9"

hi Christine -- welcome! I'm in NC too; also pretty new here, but I'm finding it really encouraging and helpful. I get you about the health scare; it's more than just looking good, but about living longer and better. Keep us posted on how you're doing
cheers,
guynna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:17 PM   #3  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Christine . . . glad to have you with us . . .

Not too sure what you mean by your blood sugar being out of whack, but if you'd care to share a little more information, maybe I can make a few suggestions. I've been a Type II Diabetic for about 20 years -- believe me, I know about whacky blood sugar.

Hope you'll drip over to our Dieting with Obstacles Forum. Lots of good information about blood sugar control and lots of others who will be able to give you insight into the additional challenges you may be facing.

Look forward to seeing you again soon, Chickie . . .
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 03:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 349 / 323 / 200

Height: 5' 11"

I went to a doc in the box for a UTI and was told that my blood sugar was 250. I hadn't had a regular doctor for over 6 years - got tired of getting the "lose weight lecture" EVERY TIME I went in.

Anyway the sky high blood sugar scared me, made me cry because I realized that while I was okay with my weight, my body wasn't. So, off for a real physical. I'm now taking meds for blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol and, joy, allergies. I am determined not to be taking them for the rest of my life so I dropped out of the show I was to stage manage so I could work on re-learning how to take care of myself.

I'm sleeping better (no more snoring!), eating better, trying to walk every day. I can't describe the absolute HIGH I was on when I got those jeans on because one of my first goals was to get back into them by the time rehearsals started for the annual Christmas show I stage manage. I was in them 5 month ahead of time.

I'll take a look in the thread you suggested, meowee. If nothing else, so I can be reassured I'm doing it right!

Thanks for the warm welcome!
ChristineRWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:18 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Hi there Christine!

I'm a WW member, too! There's a WW area (under Diet Central) that you should definitely check out. Very friendly people there, and all over 3FC. I love my Thursday meetings, too, but I just have to jump on 3FC for a little extra boost.

Best of success!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:19 AM   #6  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote