Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-07-2008, 10:49 PM   #1  
yem

S/C/G: 264

Height: 5'7"

Default hi to all !!

Hi to all! New to the site but not the diet world . Been struggling with weigth my intire adult life.Last summer I lost 30# and gained back over the winter about 25#. This is what usually happens in the winter. I do not start tryng to loss weight till early summer so I figured maybe if I start earlier and loss more I will do beter during the winter.

I do now that if I stay away from refined carbs Ioss more. Anyone have any suggestions?

joyce

PS:How do I add my ticker?

Last edited by yem; 04-07-2008 at 10:50 PM.
yem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 11:30 PM   #2  
Wish It~Dream It~Do It

S/C/G: 230/144.2/146

Height: 5ft3

you have to be a member for 30 days before you can add the ticker!
BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 12:32 AM   #3  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

You should check out all the diet forums to see what you think would work best for you. Best of luck to you, and enjoy the site!
just keep swimming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:03 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hi &

The problem with diets is that most people think that we can go back to our old ways once we reach our goal. That, unfortunately, is the farthest thing from the truth. The truth is that our work seems to only begin once we get to goal. We have to continue to follow through on the changes we've made in order to stay at our goal and be healthier.

So this time around, instead of starting a diet, how about you change your life forever? It's the tiniest shift in mental thought, but if you embrace it, you might be all the more prepared to stick things through during the winter not only this year, but every year.

Have a look under Diet Central, see if anything strikes your fancy. Make sure to have a look around & post wherever you're comfortable!

Best of success!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:41 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Joyce!

Life changes you can live with works for me, too.
This was the first winter in years that I didn't gain weight. I determined not to lose weight, but simply to maintain my way through the cold months. It worked! I actually lost a couple, and it wasn't a major effort.

Please keep posting... we're glad to have you join us!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:05 AM   #6  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Yes indeed . . . you are heading in the great downward direction just by joining us here at 3FC, Chickie . . . it's a great place.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 09:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 176/162/119

Winters are harder because the evenings are dark and cold and there is less incentive to get out and do things so we sit in front of the TV and eat. I think it's a throwback from hibernation! But as these other ladies have said, with a change in lifestyle, it does become easier to stick at it through those winter months.

Pachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote