Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-01-2008, 02:23 AM   #1  

Smile Healthy, Happy, Sedentary and need to get moving!!!!

I'm ready to get with the program already!

Like the rest of you, I am knowledgable enough now that I don't need any more education on what to eat, when to eat it or what exercises I need to be doing.

After spending a few thousand dollars over the years on every diet book, exercise DVD, diet pill, exercise equipment, gym memberships and expensive trainers,(I blow it off, waste the money and never go) clothings in 3 size ranges... I finally realize that its time to start from the beginning. I am 47, always felt attractive and sexy and yet somehow I have become sedentary. I went from a size 8-10 to a 14 (once in a while I can squeeze into my 12's!)
I am sure working mothers can relate. Its hard to get motivated to go to the gym after working and life- especially at night and in the cold when there's American Idol, Biggest Loser and Dance Wars to watch!
This sitting on my ___ got me 35 lbs heavier.

Luckily I am 5'7 and 185 lbs. doesn't look as bad as if I were 5'2 but still!!!!
Anyway- I need to start somewhere. When I do go to the gym I start off strong- get really sore and injure myself and then don't go back for 6 months!
And I could do pilates and yoga and free weights all day long but I HATE CARDIO. SO the big 5-0 is right around the corner and my goal is to be in the best shape of my life. I know I have a long way to go.

SO now is another dilemna.... Best Life Diet, Sugar Busters or You on a Diet. These and Joy Bauer's are all relatively the same so I am trying to tailor all 4 to find something I can live by. I am a relatively good cook- I believe in basic healthy cooking- keeping things in their most natural state- not Rachel Ray's stews, casseroles and sauces. I don't think any of her meals are healthy! My portions and frequency of eating are probably wrong . I know we are supposed to eat small meals throughout the day to boost metabolism and keep blood sugar levels even but the day starts off great and then the day flies by! I'm sure what I am eating is basically healthy.

I am ready to start and am looking forward to speaking with any of you that can relate!!! I know I need to start by taking small steps (hopefully at a good pace on a treadmill!!!) That's why I'm laugh817- you have to have humor in your life!
laugh817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 07:04 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

!!!

Yes, we definitely have to step back & laugh at all of this sometimes ^^

It's great to see that you're tailoring these changes to fit things you like & can do. It'll be so much easier for you to make these changes & stick with them when they fit into your life.

Have you thought about tracking what & how much you're eating just to get an idea of where to start? (Be it calories or just portions.) It may help to see on an average day what you're eating.

About exercise, it may take awhile to find a form of cardio that you enjoy, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't continue yoga or pilates or free weights. Doing something is more important.

This is an ongoing process of finding out what works for us. So don't always worry about all of the "should's" and the "have to's". Find the right "should's" and "have to's" for you!

Best of luck!! & Keep posting around the boards
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 08:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome!

I'm sure you'll feel very comfortable in many threads around 3FC. Sooo many of us are 40-something, sedentary, know what to do, needing a prod and some encouragement.

Read lots ... post so we can get to know you better. And please ... if there's anything we can help you with ... just ask!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote