Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-09-2007, 09:45 AM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Default Hello newbe here intro and venting ;)

hello everyone,

my name is Nicole and i am 31. i have reached a the mile in my life were i have found out that i need to reach out to people. being a solitary person for most of my life, communicating is something i have trouble with. i can not type very well but i will try

so on this road i was looking forward and didnt like what i seen. looking back i seen what i lost. i was a runner a very active person, now i am 70 pounds over weight. i do have ok muscle seeing how i trim horse feet for a living (they are pretty heavy =]) but my heart did beat to fast over simple things.

i also quit smoking i have been working a program now for almost a year and i finally seen the end. it has been 2 months of on and off and on 11/07 was the first day with no smoking! i have smoked for 15 years and now that is over

see i told you writing is not my strong suit i bounced all over the place

as for weight loss i have been on a steady (about) 2 pound weight gain a week (and if one more person tells me i have gained 15 pounds of muscle and water i will scream!) I just don't see how that can be. i think its from quiting smoking (I will never start again) but i didn't think i would gain just maintain or even a pound here and there but not this much in such a short time. ya i am feeling bad about it and a bit upset about it but I WILL NEVER START SMOKING AGAIN! EVER! I will get past this and do just fine.... one day the scale will go the other way.... most important is i think my heart and lungs are happier. but my bones hurt they are not accustomed to having this extra weight and my hips are killing me! my legs and arms feel short and i have a room full of stuff i cant put on with only some i can and i am growing out of them. UGGGGGGG just venting not yelling and not angry just frustrated thanks for reading.

Nicole
junebug117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:59 AM   #2  

well, glad u stopped by.....this will be a motivating place for you, personally i have found it so...just reading others inspirational thoughts. you are soooo on a healthy journey....now..! your lungs n heart will thank you.....and so will the rest of your body....as u begin your wt.loss journey. i have just started the wt.loss journey myself, and take it one day at a time, and dont beat urself up if u have a "bad" meal, or "bad day w/food" just take it as that, you treated yourself, now you are back on track! good luck to u......
letthethingirlout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:30 AM   #3  

thank you very much i am sure i will

you know what is really making me upset? the fact that i am eating the right things and working out everyday! and nothing is going the way i want it!

but i keep going because i think.... if i am gaining 2 pounds a week on a program then what would i gain off a program

and thats the only thing that gets me to keep going to the gym.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:36 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

You've started a great thing. Quitting smoking must be very difficult, and you should be proud for sticking with it. Your entire body will thank you for it.

As far as the weight gain, you say you're using a program. What sort of program? Are you keeping track of what & how much you eat & drink? If we know a little more about what you're doing, people may be able to give tips or tell you if they're doing something similar.

It's great that you're getting to the gym to get your exercise! And don't worry, if you're doing what's good for your body the weight will respond eventually.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:04 AM   #5  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Default No smoking...GREAT

You have already quit smoking so I know you can lose the weight. I also quit smoking 2yrs. ago. I have to say I do not miss it at all. You can do this just keep in mind this is part of your healthy lifestyle!!!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:23 AM   #6  

my program is diet and gym

i started to write down everything i eat a few weeks ago and found i was not eating enough. (around 900 cal) so i am now eating 1500 cal to let my body know i am not dieing. i workout cardio from 9-9:30am 3x a week also the other 3x i weight train from 5-7:30pm with low impact cardio my day is up and down between running around and computer work. i have 4 jobs (3 at home) i prof pixs, label bottles, and groom dogs at home that takes up 5-6 hours a day. a few x a week i trim horse feet (a work out all in it self) i have 3 kids 16 yo boy, 13 yo girl and my little 5 yo girl. i run the 5 yo (well almost 5) to daycare every morning and pick up every afternoon. and run the other 2 around all day (just call me taxi)

we do not eat out so i was thinking of starting the SBD on the 12th because my husband will be in florida for 2 weeks and this way i will be ok getting through phase 1. with no complaining from my hubby he is a carb head. my kids are all game and ok with eating what i am eating. (do you think they will be ok with it? health wise? if not i will make them other stuff too)

if i missed any thing let me know
thanks in advance for everyones help.
i am feeling better after a good cry and some typing i am starting to feel better. not 100% but better
Old 11-09-2007, 11:30 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumplin View Post

You have already quit smoking so I know you can lose the weight. I also quit smoking 2yrs. ago. I have to say I do not miss it at all. You can do this just keep in mind this is part of your healthy lifestyle!!!
Thank you!!

it has only been a few days but i am soooooooo happy about not having to worry about that any more its so funny last year at this time i would have never imagined that i would be smoke free today. my hubby lovingly called me chimney and he never thought i would quit. but my kids.... thats why i started the process and i quit for me i am very happy i did. i have downs were i want one but i think its the habit of things. but i like my quit date 11/07/07 my dob is 07/07 so it just feels lucky lol
Old 11-09-2007, 12:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 192/192/135

Hi Junebug! Congrats on the not smoking! To begin with I know that nicotine is a stimulant and it will cause us to burn about 200 calories a day based on smoking about a pack a day.
That said, it sounds like you've been starving for quite some time (900 calories is too little for your activity).

I think you will love the SBD, I started it about a week ago and I'm very happy with it and the results. Your body will get back on track and realize it's not starving anymore, and begin to release the extra weight.
You have great gumption! You will do great, just hang in there.
surrealchereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 04:36 PM   #9  
Made of Starstuff

Best of luck with the SBD I'm not sure how good it is healthwise for anyone under 18. I don't know of any studies about it. You may want to give a quick call to the pediatrician to ask how to handle the food choices for your kids.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:26 AM   #10  

thank you guys i am feeling much better about things

i think what i am going to do about the kids and my hubby is cook the same meals but include healthy carbs for them but i wont eat in the beginning. its about changing your life style of eating right? i will look at the meals ideas that are good in phase 1,2,3 and work things out so that everyone will benefit. sound good? i need to make this work for everyone. i do the cooking and the shopping it should just be a matter of changing what i buy and cook. eat only what I should and not give in to the temptations that will be around me always right? please tell me i can make this work
Old 11-10-2007, 10:29 AM   #11  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

junebug ( I like the name ) it really sounds like you have the excise part together you are a really active person...thats great!!! My bother some time ago had 21 horses they are so beautiful. I have seen his horses get their feet trimmed also,it is neat that you do that as well as everything else. you must be good with animals. I have a little teacup poodle that I take to the groomer as well. I think if your kids will eat the healthier food with you then that would be great!!!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote