Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-01-2007, 10:38 PM   #1  
Samantha

S/C/G: 160/160/135

Height: 5'6

Default I'm new, and i really want some help

Hi everyone,

I have noticed that there are not very many people on here that are younger than 20. However, i am one of them which is why i need as much help as i can get. I have slowly gained wait for about 4 years now. I started out at about 135 lbs and now am 160. I say that i want to lose weight, but i just can't ever stick to something. The other problem is that i think i am doing a good job, but then i see that i am STILL gaining weight! I eat healthy foods (stay away from processed foods and white grains) I also like to eat fruits and vegetables. I am now in my first year of college and i really want/need to lose weight. I dont feel very confident in myself and feeling comfortable with my weight wouls be a huge confidence booster. I have a thing with food where i binge and eat until i am almost sick. I then feel horrible and guilty, and i swear i am never doing it again, but i do. I really want to lose this weight for good, i just need some help in doing so.

Samantha
hoelzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 11:05 PM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Samantha. Good for you trying to gt it under control while it's still not so bad

I'm 21..hope I am not too old for ya hehe. College is a TOUGH time to try and control your weight. I graduated highschool hovering around 180 (it crept up on me slowly from about 135), and ended up 224 after 3 years of college. You have to be very committed, because you have to deal with social eating AND drinking (if you drink).

You say you are making good choices with your food..How about exercise? Are there any intramural sports you might enjoy? And most colleges have gym facilities available to th students. We have an awesome gym at my school.

I don't know what to tell you about the binge eating. I have a good friend with the same problem, and she is slowly getting it under control..It takes alot of willpower from what I can see. She still has episodes, but they are becoming far less frequent. She actually saw a therapist about it, and said it helped her alot.

Good luck to you!

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 10-01-2007 at 11:05 PM.
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:37 AM   #3  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Hey!

We do have some college age members--and even younger!

It is hard to lose weight and go to college at the same time, but you know, it's hard to lose weight ANY time!

I'd suggest you start counting your calories in some way. You can do it on line at FitDay.com for free. The reason is that you may do better if you have to list and see what exactly you're eating. It is possible to gain weight even if you think you're eating "healthy" foods.

Good luck! See you around!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #4  
Samantha

S/C/G: 160/160/135

Height: 5'6

Thanks a lot girls, i really appreciate the help. You are right that this will take a long time, but i really want it to work. I will keep you posted, and if there is anything you need from me, dont hesitate to ask!
hoelzers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 01:37 PM   #5  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Samantha!

There are some great tools out there for keeping track of your food intake, like FitDay, that might help you in watching your eating. There are also several threads going on here...one for college students, one for teens, if I recall correctly, that you might find useful.

Can't wait to see you around more and get to know you better!

Last edited by mandalinn82; 10-03-2007 at 01:38 PM.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #6  

Height: 5ft1

Good luck chick! I am 21, am here if u need support!!!!! xx
ZoeJayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:42 PM   #7  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Samantha

Glad you found us. It is never to soon to start becoming a more healthy person. This is a great place to find some of the answers you might be looking for. You will not find a group of more supportive people anywhere else.

Most of us have found out a few things. Diets don't work. How we eat and how we exercise has a total effect on how we feel about our selfs. We also understand this is a food style change that will last us a lifetime. We look at,think about and eat differently than we did in the past.

So many people here doing so many things to take the weight off and keep it off. You won't find a more supportive group of people than right here. We understand this journey to a thinner more healthy person isn't always easy.

Some like set plans like Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers, some like to count calories and others like to go the low carb way. Myself I use a salad plate instead of a lunch plate, a lunch plate instead of a dinner plate. When my family is having one of my favorites for dinner. I eat what they eat but pay attention to portion sizes. If they are having something I am not crazy about, I eat lean cuisines.

Look around the site and read posts from people. You will find all kinds of ideas. Then decide what is right for you. Just remember do things you can live with, this is not something we are doing just until we lose weight. We know these choices will last us a lifetime.

Post anywhere you feel you have something to add. Don't be afraid to ask for advice or to give some. Everyone is interested in how you are doing.

Remember, when you think you are doing this all alone. When there isn't a person in sight to give you the encouragement you need. God is right there beside you. Usually yelling, put down that candy bar.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 10-03-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote