Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-25-2007, 02:50 PM   #1  
me in red

S/C/G: 250/225/135

Height: 5'3"

Default HI! New to this forum

HI all...

I came here by accident really. I was looking for info on the 7 shapely secrets and I have been here all day.......LOL..... Which I think I will pick up. But I signed up because I'm frustrated. I just turned 30 this year and I quit smoking for obvious reasons. A few years ago I had lost 80 lbs and now I have gained back all but 25 pounds. I hate dieting it's soooo much work. I have 2 small children and my husband and I love to eat!! We have a good time eating. It's comfortable ya know. We both need to lose weight and he will eat whatever I fix, but sometimes (a lot) I don't feel like making dinner or having something ready for him to make when I'm at work. Lately I've been trying to eat better but it's hard. I don't love fast food it's just easy. I like veggies and fruit and everything it's just a lot of thought and preparation. Which I do until I run out of stuff and most of the time I'm too busy to go grocery shopping so we eat out. When I lost the 80 pounds I did Dr. Phil, but when I tried it again it didn't work at all for me. I bought a glycemic index book which is hard for me to inturpret. It doesn't have all the foods that I use, so any help on that would be great. I try and walk, but it seems like I'm too lazy for that or I tell myself that I will start when school starts and I have a gym membership that I never go to...LOL..... but anyway that's my story. I've always struggled with my weight and I want to be thin, then I think it's too much work so I'll just be happy being who I am, but then when all my clothes look bad on me I want to be thin... I saw my cousin who is only a year older than me and was about 230 and she's skinny. How jealous was I, specially because I had lost all that weight and gained it back. And my neighbor has lost a lot of weight, it is my turn to lose it and keep it off. I'm really sick of yo yo ing... I'm pretty sure it's not even good for you.

well anyway I'm pretty sure this will help, the weight tracker is pretty cool then I can look at that and I'm not sure about the fitday... just because I don't know calorie intake on a lot of stuff.

any help would be appreciated..

Thanks
chicaon88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:43 PM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi there! I see you are starting at the weight I did, and we are the same height. And your description of yourself sounds OH SO much like me..Like veggies, but I am just to lazy to cook..I find tons of excuses not to exercise..Fiancee and I loooove to eat, and eat out lavishly. I am trying to stop smoking, CONGRATS ON QUITING!

I had to start off relying HEAVILY on Lean Cuisines. I would eat cereal for breakfast, eat a sandwich for lunch, and a Lean Cuisine for supper. It really helped me get on the track to truly eating better and getting a grasp on the calories that were in things. I am far from perfect, but I know I am improving from the circus of fried food I used to consume daily.

Find an exercise you looove. I goto the gym sometimes, but sometimes I just go around the neighborhood walking my dogs. I have also recently picked back up on playing tennis. Exercise doesn't mean an hour of treadmill..It could be anything you want it to be!

Good luck in your weightloss journey. We are all here for you!
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 05:34 AM   #3  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi and welcome! Fitday takes a bit to get used to, but once you figure it out it's a great way to track your calories. I believe there are other calorie counters out there also, but I haven't used any other ones.

Good luck with your weight loss. Keep on posting and you'll get tons of cheerleaders who will help you out!!!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:30 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Welcome! Congrats on your successes so far, including quitting smoking. You're off to a good start!
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote