Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-30-2007, 03:36 PM   #1  
Certified Wannabe

S/C/G: 303.8/285.4/175

Height: 5'5.5"

Default I'm Finally Ready!

Well, I am starting to change the way I eat. Finally. Some people start a diet every other day. Not me. I can never even convince myself that its worth it to get started. I spend a lot of time thinking about it and imagining what good things will happen to my body, to my mind and to those around me as a result of my potential weight loss, but then the call of fried chicken and bbq ribs is always louder than my imaginings.

I have been on two diets in my life. Atkins in 1998, I lost 30 pounds in about four weeks to get down to a size 10 and then went back to my old way of eating. I, of course, gained 60 pounds within the next two years. That sixty pounds became 100 pounds over the next five or six years and last January, I weighed in at 274 pounds. I was so depressed, I cried and my hubby couldn't even talk to me about it - he was that scared for my health. I started Weight Watchers and over the course of around 5 months, I lost 25 pounds. I didn't try very hard, really. Sometimes, I exercised and I figured out how to stick somewhere around 35-40 points a day and I lost a pound or less most weeks, very rarely 2. In my heart, I wasn't committed and when vacation time rolled around, I went away for a week with my hubby and another couple and ate whatever I chose. I never went back to WW. Within four months, I was back up to 265 and over the last eight months, the weight has crept up to 272.5.

I am ready now for a complete committment, to making changes to my diet that will last and to exercising so that my body can become fit and fluid. I am looking forward to the journey and am excited that there's a place like this where I can come for support and encouragement!
jeanessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:45 PM   #2  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 245/230.8/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! Congratulations on making the decision that this time it's for good! I've found that only when I decided that this would be a lifestyle change and not the dreaded "D" word, that I was able to stick to it no problem.

Good Luck and know that together we can all accomplish our goals!

C.
MissyCrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:35 PM   #3  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey there jeanessa!
Welcome to 3fc! You are going to LOVE it here... I mean really really love it. You'll make fast friends and friends who will be "sticking" by you through thick and thin (pun intended) and the beautiful thing is... most people here have "been there done that" its hard to find somebody who DOESNT know what you're going through. Anyways, good luck on your weight loss, your lifestyle change starts with you and we're all here to help!!
Have a good night...
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote