Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-01-2007, 11:54 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/200/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Overwhelmed newbie

HI Everyone,

I am new to this forum and feel quite overwhelmed. So many threads, so many forums I don't know where to begin. If anyone could lend a helping hand to a struggling newbie, I would much appreciate it.
I think this is why I haven't tried in the past to lose the extra weight, every time I start I just feel like there are so many things to try that I can't get a grip on all of it.
Thank you all in advance for reaching out!
MyTimetoShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:07 AM   #2  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Cool Hang in there ...

You've come to a great place for help and support. Just take your time, and look around to see where you think you might fit in. Maybe just start with walking for exercise, eating 3 balanced meals + 2 snacks to start. This keeps it pretty simple for you ...

Post a little about yourself; your age, interests, etc so that we can get to know you a little better and make some suggestions. The ladies and gents here are very encouraging and friendly. Glad you joined us ~ Rosebud.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:07 AM   #3  

Do you have a specific plan you are following? There are tons of threads for each plan, I can help you find the one you want.

They also have threads for how much you want to lose, if you are really into exercise or any other interest you may have. Post a little about yourself and I'll try to help you out.

Good luck.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:15 AM   #4  

okay, I'm 40, I enjoy volunteering, girl scouts, cub scouts, school. I like to jog and ride my bike, but never have the time, because I'm always running to a different meeting. But, now I've come to the realization that I need to slow down and think about myself. My goal is to run a marathon and compete in a Triathalon.
I don't have a specific plan that I'm following as of yet. That's where I get most overwhelmed. I'm not a great cook and would really have to learn. Especially since I still have to cook for my family.
Thank you so much for your help. I know with a little guidance, I can succeed. Once, I have a path I'll be able to take off (the lbs.).
Old 03-02-2007, 12:18 AM   #5  
Token Vulcan

Hi MyTime!

Sit back. Take a deep breath. You don't have to do everything all at once!

Keep looking around the board. Take your time. You'll know what topics interest you and then you can jump in. I've been here a little over a month myself and the people are great and pretty interesting.

Every journey is made up of steps. Try not to think of your ultimate goal off in the distance. You're not gonna get there tomorrow. Think about the couple of steps you can take tomorrow that'll move you that much closer to where you want to be. You know yourself better than anyone. Let the information you find here on the board kind of filter in, listen to yourself and see what feels feasible to you...somewhere, the two forces will meet and you'll have an idea of what you might be able to adapt to.

P.S. Shelby, I just saw your signature. I think you killed a Keebler. The guy that did the voice of that elf just died.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 03-02-2007 at 12:28 AM.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:56 AM   #6  
On my way to 160!

S/C/G: 275/191/160

Height: 5 feet 4 1/2 inches

Hi MyTimeToShine!

Welcome! Think of the site like a big bookstore or library! Click on a section and GO READ! If you have a comment or question, POST your reply! It's that simple! There ARE so many sections and so many threads, but that's what makes this site so wonderful- there's something for everyone!

Enjoy!

Cheryl
Cheryl14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:25 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi and welcome. You can probably lose weight without changing what you are eating now. Fitday.com is a free site where you can enter all your intake. Learn to measure as you scoop out your helping of whatever your family is eating. You'll soon learn more about the nutrient content of your food and then we'll help you make slimmer choices!

A triathalon ... whew! I'm impressed. See if you can find posts by wndranne. She's awesome!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 08:27 AM   #8  

Ellie -- do you think my giving up the elves caused that poor man too much stress? I now I ate a lot but I never knew I was keeping the company afloat!!!

Mytimetoshine -- Just take a few steps, don't try to jump into something -- maybe start writing down what you eat and seeing where you need to work on it. And I like the thought of this being a library -- the reference section, humor, exercise, etc. After posting for a few months I've found a couple that really clicked for me.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:00 PM   #9  

Thank you all for the information...I'm slowly checking things out and trying to find out where I fit in. I loved the FitDay information, Thank you SusanB. I love to be challenged, so I will definitely be looking at the challenge forums a lot. Thank you all again...I've taken my deep breaths and pulling things together.