Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-28-2007, 01:33 PM   #1  
Lytricia

S/C/G: 164/working on it/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Never admitted I needed help before

I am new to this "reaching out to strangers" thing and am a little uncomfortable about admitting that I need help. I feel embarrassed and ashamed that I have been too lazy to take care of myself.

I have read every book out there, tried every diet out there, know that I should have a plan - and have created hundreds of them - and yet the magic melting off the weight never occurs because I am too lazy to follow through with anything. I clearly lack motivation and yet every day I wake up and can't help but be depressed that I am still overweight.

I have a busy life like all women do, I have 2 of my own kids 17&15, and this past July I gained custody of my niece and nephew who were taken from their mother because of neglect and they are 11 & 10. They came to me with only the clothes on their backs but plenty of negative luggage in their little lives. Since having them, I have gained another 20 pounds!

My husband is amazingly supportive and doesn't care how heavy I am, so there is no pressure/incentive from him to do this. He is also a runner so has a fabulous body and I just want to look sexy again!!!

I love the vibe I get from this site...I have been looking at joining for a while now and today just got some courage to do it because of all the positive feedback I see.
Lytricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:45 PM   #2  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

I'm glad you worked up the courage to post your story. We are all in the same boat and I know I also had to "suck it up" and admit to letting myself go. That is a VERY important step. I truly believe that you have to make the weightloss about YOU. This is very hard for a lot of women, especially moms. So many people demand your time and energy that you often put aside your needs let alone your wants. It sounds like you are a very caring person who is experiencing a very stressfull time. Hang in there. You'll find lots of support for your weight loss all over this site. Good luck.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:55 PM   #3  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Well if you're looking for help you have certainly come to the right place!!!! This is a super place for advice, support and encouragement.

It sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Tough situation with your niece and nephew. They are so fortunate to have you. It sounds like you really need some time to start taking care of yourself, which will in turn benefit all those around you. It is amazing once the physical self starts changing the kind of affect it has on your mental well being. Good luck on your journey. We all can relate to what you are going through and will be here to help you in any way possible.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 01:59 PM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 167/167/125

Height: 5'0

Hhmmm...it seems as though rather than lack of motivation you may actualy have some self worth/esteem issues. I know. I have them too, and it was the same with me for years. I was just hiding behind lazy. I lost 35 pounds and was happy with myself for the first time in my life and I let it slip back on. It took me a long time to find my voice to do this all again, but I did. And you will too. That is all that matters. Don't be overwhelmed by all the dieting resources available to you. Just find something that you think you will like and stick to it. If and when it dosen't work, then you canre evaluate. I used overwhelmed as an excuse for a long time also as well.

You will notice that a lot of people on here have replaced neagtive, self hatred with positive self talk. This REALLY really helps your attitude, perspective and self esteem.

Positive affirmation is very good also, little phrases you repeat to yourself on a daily basis that retrain your thinking process.
http://www.more-selfesteem.com/affirmations.htm
TRY SOME!!

And just remember this is a journey, when you see it like that it becomes a whole lot lighter

Best of luck,

Anna
HotDoc is offline   Reply With Quote