Old 10-23-2015, 08:50 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Alexandra - Did I miss a post!?! Did you hit goal???

Holding off the emojis in excited anticipation
:b roc:
CenTXChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 09:33 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Congrats Alexandra!
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 10:37 AM   #63  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Congrats Alexandra!
Hysteria, you are so wonderfully supportive! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Alexandra - Did I miss a post!?! Did you hit goal??? Holding off the emojis in excited anticipation
:b roc:
CenTxChk, you are such a sweetheart!

On your key question of "did I hit goal" ... made me wonder ... do any of us really ever hit goal? LOL. It's such an ongoing lifetime process, isn't it.

What was that quote from General George Patton in WW2 ... "all glory is fleeting" or something like that.

Well I would say anything below 200 is in my "victory zone" as it puts me in the "healthy BMI" category of < 25. And I recently raised my goal target up from 190 to 195 ... due to empirical evidence on what I am seeing on the scale in my weight charts. My body seems to be telling me that it's DONE at 195 or so. So I am basically there (at goal).

But now the real challenge turns from losing to maintaining. And maintenance has been even more of a nemesis to me than losing.

In any case, EVERYONE in this thread and on this board has been a HUGE INSPIRATION to me ... and I have learned so much from all of you ... that I am FOREVER INDEBTED to every single person here. I could not have done this without you.

THANK YOU TO ONE AND ALL !!!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 10-23-2015 at 10:48 AM.
Avalon1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 11:36 AM   #64  

I hear you Avalon. I was at my current weight for nearly 6 months before I finally went off P1. It took me that long to lose the last 10 lbs (the last 5 was only off for about a month and came back on with glycogen). Then I realized that my body just wants to be where it is.
It's a learning process, like you wrote on the other thread.
I consider it a huge win that I've been maintaining this weight (with 10 to 15 lbs of ups and downs) for a year now. And I have often thought - this getting to goal is not really as exciting as people make it out to be (in my case anyway) as the whole thing truly is just a process of life.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 10-23-2015 at 11:37 AM.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:45 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning! I hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was pretty good. I was expecting a nice relaxing weekend but my DH brought home some friends after a small performance with a band mate and we ended up staying up past 6 in the morning. While I didn't sleep away my Sunday it was basically a write off.

Another disappointing WI, third week in a row with a low loss. And I know every loss is a victory, but I'm ready for a woosh now! I'm still 20lbs + from goal (allowing an extra five as that's what I gained right away in P4 the first time) so I was hoping for better losses for another 10lbs. I am just finishing lady time and am slightly bound up as a result, so maybe it'll come next week.

I'll do my measurements tonight and will hopefully see good results there.

Downward and forward!

Last edited by DeterminedDieter; 10-26-2015 at 07:46 AM. Reason: corrected info
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 09:56 AM   #66  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

Sorry DD. You'll get there! With the sleep disruption and stuff I'll bet you'll see the whoosh next week.

For me, I lost 2.2 pounds last week. That puts me into the next "decade", which is always fun and something I focus on - concentrating on when am I getting into the next weight where the second digit is 1 down. 20 pounds to go for me. I was happy with 2 pounds after 5.1 last week as I feared a 1 pound loss.

I am tracking my weight loss as compared to 1 year ago when I did IP the first time. When I got sick and sought treatment, the first doctor I went to said that the clinic should have known something wasn't right as he said I should have lost the weight in half the time it took given my height and muscle. I think I am seeing what he means as I have lost 15.7 pounds more through 10 weeks than the first time I did this. The funny thing is the clinic thought I was a star client - they kept telling me that my losses were optimal and keep doing what I was doing.

I have a work function tonight so will be going out for dinner. I have not gone out to dinner in 10 weeks since the reboot. I really don't like going out to dinner when doing this plan but it will be fine. I have my stuff all packed. And, the good news is the get together is at 5 pm so it is not like I'll be starving waiting for an 8 pm dinner or anything.

I hope everyone is ready for Halloween. We are going to a party Friday night. I went shopping for candy over the weekend. I don't mind having all that candy in the house as I am strong so not tempted at all, but I'll take the Halloween leftovers to my client's after Halloween to ensure no temptation. I bought a lot this year with it falling on a weekend. If the weather is like it was this past weekend, we'll have a ton of trick or treaters. But, the weather here always seems to be lousy on Halloween - we'll see.

Last edited by Ro22; 10-26-2015 at 10:05 AM.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:05 AM   #67  

Great mini victory of a lower decade Ro It always feels so good when that happens!

DH broke out the Halloween treats yesterday, and thankfully I wasn't even tempted as earlier in the day I was stressing hard and wanted to stuff my face!!

This will be my second year in a row on IP during Halloween, and I expect I will be 100% OP again. Thankfully the alcohol will not tempt me as it's cold and nearly impossible to get a cab in our town. With wait times of an hour or more on regular nights let alone a holiday like this, no thanks!

I hope all my fellow 2014 IP are doing well. Have a great OP day!
Old 10-27-2015, 07:52 PM   #68  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

So today I went to a sister clinic of the one I go to because it is like a grocery store. All the items are on display and you just shop the aisles. I like that a lot as I can just walk in and not have to talk to a coach, etc. I have to deal with more traffic and it is about 20 miles further, but it is worth it to me to make the time. Last week, I went in at the appointed time at my local clinic and had to wait 30 minutes. That ticked me off especially because I am still stinging about the whole process the first time through with not believing my symptoms and having no answers so I just decided to do that rather than going in Friday.

I picked up a month's worth of stuff so with what I have on hand and what I picked up today, I think I may have just made my last IP product purchase for P1. I have 6 weeks' worth of food and 20 pounds to go. I am doing a bootcamp again this week where I lost 5.1 pounds last time. I'm trying to hit my goal by Thanksgiving. I know it is ambitious and unlikely, but I am trying. Counting this week, there are 4.5 weeks until Thanksgiving.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 06:30 AM   #69  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

HI Everyone.... I'm still here LOL...Still playing the up 3 down 3 game with my weight... God my body loves to be at this weight LOL... I have days were I feel like maybe phasing off and rebooting after the holidays, but I am very afraid of that! I stopped going to that other clinic so now I need to find a place to buy product. It was counter productive because I self sabatoge after each meeting with that coach... I did stock up at GNC yesterday on some alternates. I have stock to use and I bought quest chips as a unrestricted...gonna try to make it work.

I did have a mini shopping spree yesterday at Old Navy and bought me some size 14 jeans that look good! I think if I can just get out of the 190's and phase off propertly I will be content... Ugh! Why is this so hard...

Amber - I like you have been dealing with these last 10 pounds since August...I had a 3 pound gain on vacation and have been up as far as 3 more and never back down yet to that pre vacation weight...these last 10 are killing me!
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 01:00 PM   #70  

Sue,
I continue to feel that maintaining at a lower weight is a HUGE win.
I have started to remind myself that my current weight (8 lbs up from my "lowest weight" which I wasn't at for long as the glycogen restore and added muscle came back on) was my original goal and is very healthy, according to charts and my doctor.

I've started to realize that I've been at my current weight for 1 year now.
First of all, I'm really, really happy about that as statistically that's a big win.
Second of all, I actually do feel it's where I'm supposed to be, at least for now and maybe the rest of my life.

I think it's important for us to recognize the win it is to be at a healthy weight and maintain it. Much, much worse to be regain - for health and for mental well being.

How is your day to day going? Are you eating extra packets but nothing else extra? Maybe you need to try out adding fat and see how that goes....
Does your old coach have any thoughts?

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 10-28-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 06:34 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Amber - Congrats for maintining for a year! That's awsome news.... I know that in my heart if I really tighten down I can do this last 10. I certainly am self sabotaging. Grabbing the occasional thing here or there .... nothing major, but enough to have my body our of Ketosis and that glycogen back in. My clothes still fit, but differnetly. I know I can do this. My old coach is very helpful. My stress level is just thru the roof right now with home / DH / and work so I am really happy right now if that scale stays under 200. I am just need to get back to the basics and I know I can get out of the 190's and solidly in the 180's and phase.... thanks for the advice!

off to a morning meeting at work today and then I am in the office this afternoon anyway so packing my lunch and hopefully I will have time today at some point to run and get some lettuce for my lunch tomorrow. Seems like tomorrow afternoon after DH's Chemo I will need to make a Costco run. Plan was to do it yesterday, but it was pouring down rain and I took a pass LOL
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:39 AM   #72  

Yes, awesome job in maintenance Amber.

You are doing great Sue, you will get back at it and get rid of those last pesky pounds, and you are doing a great job keeping steady until you are ready to really get into it.

I know about putting off on the shopping. I'm hoping I can stretch my veggies out until Saturday so I don't have to go to the grocery store before then I'll be eating more cabbage than planned

I am getting really impatient for my upcoming trip to visit family. I will be spending a week in Ontario and then a week in Manitoba. I leave on the 9th and it's taking forever!! Not sure if it's the anticipation of seeing family or eating my grandmothers cooking. I'm feeling a little bad about eating off plan the week in Ontario, but I will be right back on plan in Manitoba.

I'm just bummed it will put me behind two weeks. But I'm still going to do it, it could be the last time I get to eat Grandma's cooking and I'm confidant in my ability to get back into strict P1 and I will ultimately get to goal!

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 10-29-2015, 11:53 AM   #73  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

I just replied to a very nice inquiry from G4H, and in the interest of sharing but not dragging my story of struggle into a long post, I am pasting my reply here too:

The past 2 weeks have been esp rough - DH declined terribly in Sept and was giving up on this life. I took him to hospital on Mon 10/19 where he was treated for aspiration pneumonia, bladder infection, serious dehydration and weight loss.

Yesterday I moved him to acute rehab, same place as the July visit for his back injury, and he will be there 7-10 days I think to get back on his feet.

I have been eating my way thru the emotions and stress and have regained way too much of my hard fought loss. Clothes are tight and my middle is bulging. Misery. I have to get my head into restart mode. The start is so hard. I know 3FC would help a lot. I will try to get back on the boards here because I know the power we bring to one another.

I also asked for some recipes with alternatives from Ro22 - and reading your post above is so informative, Ro! Do I understand correctly that Rocket Fuel to add when exercising is drinks, soups and puddings? No bars?

Need your support everyone, so be sure to poke me if I fall absent from these threads. I invite you to hold me accountable.
Love you all,
Cheryl
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #74  

Cheryl, I am sorry to read of your troubles and DH health issues. I am hoping by reading about the acute rehab that he is doing better and still fighting.

We are all rooting for your success and hope that you will be back on track very soon.
Old 10-29-2015, 12:15 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Cheryl - been thinking about you. So sorry to read about DH You have so much going on and I am sure things seem out of control - please be kind to yourself right now <3
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote