Old 10-08-2015, 06:41 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Feeling in a good place this morning....meeting with my old coach helped so much.. Scale is back to moving down and even though it is small amounts, its moving down LOL... Back safely under 200 and my 14's are buttoning again....Wow it is so scary how fast and hard I can slip.

Thank you all for talking me off the ledge and all of your advise... In the end my old coach put me back on my 4 packets a day which the new coach told me I cant have because I was under 200...well guess what I did the 4 a day and have been steadly going down since I did that... Not all people are created the same and therefore the program needs to be tailored to fit for some..and I guess for me now I need that 4th packet.

Amanda - I hear you on the clothes.... I love my new smaller wardrobe, but when I can't button my pants its bad news LOL. I found myself leaning towards the leggins, but I dont want to do that...they can stretch for 3 or 4 sizes LOL... Need the accountability of pants that are fitted.. LOL... I
Sgrealtor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:21 AM   #32  

Sue I had close to 4 packets during all of P1. My body just needed it. Still the same for mini reboots.
If I'm just doing one day sometimes I can handle 3, but I don't see the point of the starvation - I have a lot of blood sugar issues so I have a feeling that is part of it - having four allows me to eat something every 3 or 4 hours which is generally what I need to do.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:08 PM   #33  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

S/C/G: 231.5/168/168

Height: 5'8"

I did 3 my first round and then when I was cycling on and off, I did 4. My 2nd go around I did 4 up until this week; although, I was counting macronutrients so was choosing lower carb and calorie items. This week I got strict by following their minimum counts exactly which I posted about earlier this week. I am still getting 5 meals though by splitting 1 packet into 2 (breakfast and my snack) and lowering my dinner protein to 4 oz instead of 8. This allows me to have a snack between lunch and dinner as well as in the evening - I really enjoy finishing off my day with a hot chocolate now that it is not as warm out. I am anxious to see what loss I have this week with this approach. I do intend to talk to my nutritionist to see if not getting 8 oz of animal protein is a problem. I know it is ok for at least a week as Ideal Protein recommends a week boot camp if losses have slowed, which consists of the 3 packets plus an additional 2 packets to replace the 8 oz of dinner protein.
Btw, I say packet but I really mean serving as I am using alternatives. So, because a serving for me is a baked item using Quest Protein Powder, I determined how I could get to Ideal Protein's minimum's using alternatives with the approach above by also cutting out the egg white from my baking. I tested it this week and made one and was surprised that the muffin or cookie did not need it. With all the changes I noted, I was able to lower my protein grams of 115-125 to 100 per day and move my calories to between 700-750 vs 850-900. I am really motivated to get through this 2nd round of Phase 1 as fast as possible as I don't want to be doing this through the holidays. I want to enjoy them and plan for a mini-reboot in Jan.

I'll let you know on Monday how this first week with this approach turns out. I am at the stage now where losses in weight and inches are more noticeable so this is the fun time where I am feeling good and surprised by how quickly I drop sizes when it is slower going in that regard for the first 8 weeks or so for me.
Ro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:20 AM   #34  

Ro - Yes I hear you ... I think my body just needs that 4th packet. I have droped consistintly since I added it back in...so since Tuesday I have lost just shy of 2Lbs.... So I guess the moral of the story is do what works and not what the new coach tells me LOL... I am seeing my old coach regularly, but buying product at the new chiropractors office. I am not letting what the girl there says get to me anymore. She has never done the program and it just spewing IP compliancy with no real life experinece....

Tonight we have our first Devils Hockey Game. We have limited season tickets and this is the first one...kinda excited! Just need to figure out dinner at the game. Hopefully I can find a salad somewhere or I will just do a burger no bun... Either way I will do extra veggies at lunch in case dinner is slim pickins!
Old 10-09-2015, 08:30 AM   #35  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Ro - Yes I hear you ... I think my body just needs that 4th packet. I have droped consistintly since I added it back in...so since Tuesday I have lost just shy of 2Lbs.... So I guess the moral of the story is do what works and not what the new coach tells me LOL... I am seeing my old coach regularly, but buying product at the new chiropractors office. I am not letting what the girl there says get to me anymore. She has never done the program and it just spewing IP compliancy with no real life experinece....

Tonight we have our first Devils Hockey Game. We have limited season tickets and this is the first one...kinda excited! Just need to figure out dinner at the game. Hopefully I can find a salad somewhere or I will just do a burger no bun... Either way I will do extra veggies at lunch in case dinner is slim pickins!
That's great to hear, Sue. I have heard of many people needing to consume more calories in order to lose - not just on Ideal Protein but I also saw that on Biggest Loser. This is a way we know weight loss is not as simple as creating a caloric deficit of calories in/calories out; otherwise, there wouldn't be plateaus and such. I'm glad you have your old coach back! Have fun at the game tonight! I am looking forward to Cubs vs Cardinals tonight! I hope we can win in St. Louis!
Old 10-09-2015, 11:00 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post

Tonight we have our first Devils Hockey Game. We have limited season tickets and this is the first one...kinda excited!
Go CAPS! Looks like we play y'all next Saturday at home...
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:00 AM   #37  

Beth - The way the Devils Played last night I think I need a refund on my season tickets LOL... DH and DS are going to a game again on Friday...

Managed very well at the game... DH got me a plain burger and I found a consession stand with a garden salad Yeah me.... Tossed the burger bun an put it on my salad...Very IP compliant dinner @ a hockey game LOL....Sipped my water all night too....No Beer for me..

Today is kinda a lazy day for me. Have some work things I need to do and a mountain of laundry but other than that I will be just catching up on home projects .. Busy week ahead with work so going to try to get a jump on things here today...
Old 10-11-2015, 10:22 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

my bad - was a week off - Caps opened their season at home against the Devils Saturday. We used to be able to afford to partial season plans...Ovi's made that impossible
Congrats staying OP - we went to a couple baseball games over the summer - its do-able but will be glad when I can have a beer or two again
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:37 AM   #39  
IP Start Date 8/29/14

I dropped 2.5 pounds last week - Honestly, I was hoping for more.
That ended Month 2 of the 2nd time doing IP Phase 1.
So my comparison thus far is as follows:
Month 1 = - 15.5
Month 2 = -12
Total to date = -27.5

Month 1 = -24.1
Month 2 = -9.3
Total to Date = -33.4

Cutting out the 100 calories to be at IP Phase 1 minimum I commented about last week is really impactful - last week was the first week I can say I was hungry on P1 (except when I got sick in January as being ravenous was my first symptom). The feeling last week wasn't anywhere close to how extreme it was in January, but nonetheless, it is noteworthy about how much difference 100 calories make.

I am keeping to the minimums this week and I am also going to do boot camp this week, which IP defines as replacing the dinner protein with 2 packets. I am kind of tired of turkey burgers so this will be a nice change up for me. In fact, I did it last night simply because I didn't defrost any meat. I am taking my Dad and brothers to the Cubs' game today so this will work better being at the game - I am bringing my own baked goods for dinner so that way I won't be tempted by any ballpark food nor have to worry about what I am going to eat as I want to concentrate on the game :-)
I made Kale chips last night to bring along and I am having my lunch (soup with cauliflower for breakfast) and will have my oatmeal muffin that I usually have for breakfast for lunch. This way, I am assured of getting my vegetables in and what I am taking with me is extremely portable so no worries about my food plan for today. You can even bring in unopened bottles of water to Wrigley Field so I will be all set for my water consumption too. I'm really looking forward to today's game!

I hope everyone had a great start to the week!
Old 10-12-2015, 12:13 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

My 10K went well, it was about 2C and quite windy so it was cold waiting for the run to start, but it ended up being really great weather for it. I was pleased that I knocked off almost 10 minutes of my time from last year. And I with the exception of 3 or 4 sessions of the R10k program in like August I hadn't done any running I could have pushed myself more, but I ended up running with a lady I had met and run with for my first run in 2012 and I just kept pace with her.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and all my Canadian IPeeps are enjoying their Thanksgiving weekend.
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 05:16 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hay Ladies! Good to see everyone. Sorry I have been so absent this month.

Ro – Your losses look great to me! So glad you are experiencing the health affects you dealt with last time.

Sue - You’ve got this! Keep in touch with your old IP coach. Having a great relationship with my coach (I believe) was the secret to my success. Your coach knows you so well. Did I see if your DS has applied to any colleges yet? We’ve got 2 apps submitted and looking at lease one more school next month. DS seems pretty set on his first choice. Just want to make sure he’s got backups and options. Can’t believe our boys will be heading off to college next year!

Avalon – Loving watching your losses. You will be hitting maintenance in no time!

DD – Congrats on your 10K! That’s awesome!! I am super impressed. I have been thinking about trying Couch to 5k. Tried it a few years ago but never completed the program. Curious what running would feel like 100lbs lighter.

Living the dream here in CenTX. Weather has been great so trying to get outside more. Two NSV’s in the works. First, I booked a Segway tour with some ladies in my book club for later this month. NSV because I remember exceeding the max weight last time I looked at taking one of these tours. Excited to try out a segway!

My other NSV is planning a visit to Enchanted Rock, a local state park, with a huge pink granite rock (1825 ft in elevation) that people hike up to the top. Went with my family a couple years ago and never made it to the top before I was so exhausted that I had to turn around and go back down. I was so overweight and out of shape. It was a really low point for me physically and mentally with regards to my weight. My Dad asked about meeting there next month and I am excited to tackle this darn rock again and find success. I know I can do it this time around!!
CenTXChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:27 AM   #42  

Still chugging along....

CenTx- DS is applying to 8 schools. We have the application and essay's done, but DS took SAT's again the first week in October so scores wont be in till October 22nd...We will pull the trigger as soon as the scores are in... We are doing all the little details now so we are ready. A few of the schools do not use the Common Ap, so we have to finish those applications up... All in all we are ready to roll with 2 more visitis ahead of us (Penn State and University of West Chester)...Cannot believe next year this time I will be an empty nester LOL..
Old 10-13-2015, 08:38 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

CenTXChk, it is so much easier with weight gone! And the 5k program is a great place to start. And those sound like great NSV!

You can do it Sue!!

I hope everyone has a strong and fabulous week!
DeterminedDieter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:24 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

DD!! 10 minutes off your 10K is amazing! Good work!
CenTxChk! You will ride that Segway, climb that Rock, and plant your flag - you go girl!
Hope the week is just as fab for the rest of the group here!

I am fighting a nasty snotty cold and ate a quest bar and two dried pineapple rings today so I could take my vitamins - not even really hungry and not up to making a smoothie either. Oh well, lots of herbal tea and lemon water for me.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 08:23 PM   #45  

Liana I hope you feel better soon. 😷😴👍🏼💪💪💤💤💤
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote