Old 06-20-2016, 05:07 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hey, I'd thought I'd bump this to get us to page 1 again. How's it goin, gals?

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:28 PM   #92  

Looks like we need a rebump (for joysh & cactusblossom, lol).
How's all us ladies of a certain age doing these days?
I thought I'd post a couple pictures of another longtime maintainer 'murrcat' and I - we met up on her vacation with hubby and I planned a wineries/cideries cycling tour in our area for the 4 of us.
Liana
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003 (1024x641).jpg (33.4 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 023.jpg (88.3 KB, 24 views)
Old 08-23-2016, 11:01 PM   #93  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm in!

I'm game to hang out here a bit!

Any other 50+ and fab people out there who are on IP? Of course, this thread is open to anyone, any age.

I'm on a reboot. Just finished week one and I'm down 9 pounds! Looking forward to getting back to where I belong.

Greetings to you all!

Last edited by joysh; 08-23-2016 at 11:02 PM.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:20 AM   #94  
MurphiBee

S/C/G: 153/150/130

Height: 5'2"

Post Hi - can i join this group?

I just restarted on IP this week and need some support to stick with it!
My weight has crept way up over the spring / summer and now I need to get serious so I feel better mentally and physically.

Looking forward to learning everyone's success tips!

LAF58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 12:13 PM   #95  

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,

This is great – thanks so much Liana for bumping up! Your pictures are terrific – thanks for posting! Everyone looks happy and healthy.

Waving to Joy to LAF!!
cactusblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:17 PM   #96  

How's things going, 50+ peeps??
I am eating too much cheese right now and skimping on my veggies (substituting with in-season plums - what's with that, eh??). It's mainly stress eating, Mom's dementia is getting worse.... poor Dad - he is in tears when we are alone and poor Mom keeps asking 'what is happening to me?' What can we say to her except her memory isn't working as well as it could be... it's just so sad.

Sorry to be a downer, this is my 'outlet'....
Liana
Old 09-09-2016, 03:12 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Hi Liana,

Sorry to hear about your Mom and Dad. Dementia is so hard on all the family members. Hugs.

I'm not doing so good. Have gained back everything I lost on my recent reboot. I know what I'm doing and can't seem to stop. I have to get my act together.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:40 PM   #98  

Hugs Andrea! You can do it again! You've ID'd the 'why.' Just try to take it one meal at a time. Don't give up!
Liana
Old 09-11-2016, 11:12 AM   #99  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Hi All,

So sorry to hear about the challenges with your parents, Liana. My thoughts are with you. I know it's difficult.

I'm doing ok. Don't know how many of you have grandkids, but mine live far away and that's difficult. Since I got home from my summer-long travels, I've wanted to stay close to home. Therefore, haven't seen even the closer ones (4 hours away) in over a month. We FT, but it's hard.

I'm deep into starting a new business and that's keeping me very busy. This is in addition to my teaching! I'm going to teach Music Together early childhood music classes! Setting up a business is very time consuming- and not very physical. Lots of computer work. Sometimes I get so involved I forget to eat! This is not good for IP P1! Also, not much exercise on the computer-heavy days. But once I get started, there will be a lot of up and down from the floor. I think that will really keep me flexible and moving! Actually, I can't think of anything that would be more fun than getting on the floor, singing, and being silly with very little children!

HI to Andrea and LAF! and cactus!

Last edited by joysh; 09-11-2016 at 11:13 AM.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:39 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Hello all you wise ladies!

Things are a little better today. I was very active this weekend. Long walks, a 10 mile bike ride and a strength training session. I feel good and focused. On top of that I have managed to stay away from sugar (my weakness) for 4 days, hence a drop of almost 3 lbs. I'm not going to do P1, more of a modified P2/P3 with emphasis on staying away from processed carbs. I just can't face P1 again.

Thanks Liana! Hope things are going well for you today. Love your pics and so glad you got to meet a member from here. That's awesome.

Joysh: That music teaching with little ones sounds like a lot of fun. All those fresh, innocent and happy faces! Good for you.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:03 AM   #101  

Modified P2 is a good choice, Andrea!
Joy, although not professionally trained as an Art & Music Therapist, I really liked using both modalities with my brain injured clients. Amazing things happen through music & art, I'm sure you will have an awesome time with the kids... and they will too!
Liana

Old 09-21-2016, 10:59 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 156/152/120

Newbie here, although I've been lurking in the forum shadows for a few weeks now. I am a 51 y/o woman from Canada who has hypothyroidism, who would like to lose about 35 lbs.

Just completed my first week of IP. My diet buddy is a large male friend who has much to lose. So on our first week, I had my loss of 4.5 lbs, and he lost 15.5. Where is the justice, right? So grateful to have a friend jump on board with me to attend weekly coaching sessions.

It's been truly uplifting to read the stories, tips, recipes, and see the online friendships on this site. I look forward to following the posts over the next few months.

Have a lovely day, folks.
cantw8tolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:06 AM   #103  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlady1981 View Post
Hi Liana,

Sorry to hear about your Mom and Dad. Dementia is so hard on all the family members. Hugs.

I'm not doing so good. Have gained back everything I lost on my recent reboot. I know what I'm doing and can't seem to stop. I have to get my act together.
Hey catlady -- check out the website www.primalpotential.com - Elizabeth Benton has a real beat on how to change the way you deal with mindset and therefore change your relationship with food - she has free podcasts, a good blog, and she does webinar series for a fee where she coaches you for 12 weeks.
I regained everything I lost on P1 and am back at start again, but if I had found Elizabeth's stuff last Fall I would have things much more under control, despite my emotional battles of the past year. So I just signed up for the webinar series. She has a very good journal for keeping track of more than just food intake. It's not about the food, it's about the mind game.

Anyway - I hope you find this helpful - your journey was so inspiring for me as I was in my early weeks when you were phasing off. I hope you are able to wrestle any gremlins to the ground.

thanks
cheryl
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 04:42 PM   #104  

Hi and welcome, cantw8tolose! Nice to have a diet buddy, tough though that it's a guy... lol, they just lose it so much faster than we do .
Where abouts in Canada are you - general area is fine, just wondering as I am from South Central BC....

Hey everyone, howzitgoin? I have dropped 4 up-pounds after 3 more mindful low carb days and am now back 'down' to what seems to be a set point for me and a weight I was at for a fair bit of my adult life (142 lbs). Not yet my happy spot, but am getting there. Last night I had sangria at a wedding shower but at least I stuck to cervelat salami, several different types of cheese, and olives and pickles (did NOT go near the nanaimo bars or cheesecake!!). Not weighing for a couple days til the alcohol weight drops. I didn't overdo it as I had to drive an hour home, but sangria isn't exactly the lowest carb drink.
"See ya'll lighter"
Liana
Old 10-03-2016, 07:40 PM   #105  

Just posting a very interesting (and somewhat heavy duty science) site many will find helpful: ketosummit.com
Register for free and they will send you the links to over 30 interviews with docs/scientists etc on the latest ketogenic/LCHF diet information/studies.
The encore interviews are free to view on Oct 5 and 6. Each interview is approx 1 hr long.
I've posted this in several comments but it's because I've been listening for the past week and it's extremely educational on many different related topics - neurodegeneration, athletic performance, diet stalls and helpful tweaking, easier maintenance, fixing metabolic syndrome, benefits and how-to's of metabolic flexibility, etc.

Liana