Old 11-30-2016, 11:50 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 180/161/140

Height: 5'4"

" I'm not much of a cook and have NO recipes to assist me. Can anyone provide me to some recipe links for Phase I? I'm desperate. I eat bland vegetables and I am NOT fond of vegetables at all, probably because they are usually bland...BLECH!"

Shouldn't be talking to you since you're only 49 but I'm feeling benevolent this morning.

I kind of have the opposite issue. I LOVE to cook but am finding all the available recipes too simple. Basically I'd say you would be fine to just choose your favorite protein, be it chicken, beef, pork, fish... whichever. Weigh out 8 ounces, season it a bit with whatever you enjoy, and gril/pan-sear/bake it off until done. I suppose "done" is a relative term. Beef, cook it to your liking. Rare/medium/well. No big issues there. Fish cook until it flakes. Chicken and pork... well you want to be sure they are done. Perhaps invest in a meat thermometer and look up online the proper "done" temperature.

I'm not a veggie fan either but I find that roasting them makes them better. What I do is choose the legal veggies, measure them out so I know how many cups I have, toss them with some olive oil, salt & pepper, put them on a sheet pan and roast at 450 for 10 minutes before stirring/flipping them. Another 5-10 and they should be good. I actually make a big batch and have them cold with my lunch.

Enough from me. Have a wonderful day!
Ratherfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 12:13 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 289/262/205

Height: 6'1"

Quote:
Shouldn't be talking to you since you're only 49 but I'm feeling benevolent this morning.
I hijacked the 50+ thread, but I'm crazy like that.

Eating protein is not the problem...it's the veggies. I am going to start snacking on celery, pickles and cucumbers all day until I find some recipes that I like. I'll roast some eventually.

In the meantime, if anyone can provide links or recipes for veggies in Phase I, I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks!
Jax13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:21 AM   #123  

I know these are old questions, but at the top of the page you can see links to important threads. There are lots of recipes, although the protocol has changed a bit over the years. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-threads.html

I love roasting my veggies since I think they taste better that way. I also love the crunch of jicama to take with my lunch since it seems like an apple. Some people find putting the soup packs in with the veggies.

My favorite recipe these days are the unrestricted muffins (2 servings) made with the chocolate chip pancake mix and dark chocolate pudding mix. Mix 1/3 cup egg whites (I use the carton) with 2t light olive oil. Mix 1 t baking powder with the dry packet mixes and enough water to make the batter smooth. I also put in Walden Farms chocolate syrup. Bake 10 mins at 350 degrees. This makes 12 mini muffins and two servings. They are so good and taste decadent!
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 07:28 AM   #124  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

too bad this OVER 50 group is so quiet.
LOSINGFORGOOD2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 11:21 AM   #125  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All!

Just checking in here. This is the second day of a reboot for me and I like to keep in touch!

Hope you all are doing well today!

joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 05:59 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hi all!! Lurking and posting mainly at beginner threads. Hanging on in maintenance though. WTG Joysh!
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:11 AM   #127  
Started IP 6/14/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hi all!! Lurking and posting mainly at beginner threads. Hanging on in maintenance though. WTG Joysh!
Thanks, canadjineh!! Your support is so appreciated, by me and by all of the newcomers. Hooray for maintenance, too! See you there soon!
Old 03-23-2017, 05:24 PM   #128  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi All!

Just checking in here. This is the second day of a reboot for me and I like to keep in touch!

Hope you all are doing well today!

what a JOY it is to find JOY here!! nice to see a familiar face!!
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 08:18 PM   #129  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Back again, as it's time to get serious about losing some weight (again). Some of you may remember me from 2012/2013... unfortunately I've let most of the weight I lost back then creep back on. Recently found out my cholesterol is a bit high, and rather than go on statins my Dr. has agreed with my suggestion that I 'get serious' about dieting again and lose some of this weight. That will correct the cholesterol problem. So I"ll be hanging out here again, to keep me motivated. I look forward to chatting with you all. Cheers for now.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:47 PM   #130  

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Back again, as it's time to get serious about losing some weight (again). Some of you may remember me from 2012/2013... unfortunately I've let most of the weight I lost back then creep back on. Recently found out my cholesterol is a bit high, and rather than go on statins my Dr. has agreed with my suggestion that I 'get serious' about dieting again and lose some of this weight. That will correct the cholesterol problem. So I"ll be hanging out here again, to keep me motivated. I look forward to chatting with you all. Cheers for now.
Welcome back! I remember you well! I was here around that time and have come back as well.
goldilocksinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:44 PM   #131  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
hi lovely lady!!! welcome back. i am back too, albeit popping in when i can. taking things slow and keeping it simple right now. i must conquer this! i will never stop trying!hope you have a fabulous week!! you know what to do and i have no doubt that this time next week, you will be glowing with your week 1 weight loss and be feeling stronger than ever and right back on track just like riding a bicycle!! you got this!!
Old 04-08-2017, 02:05 PM   #132  
Started IP 6/14/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
hi lovely lady!!! welcome back. i am back too, albeit popping in when i can. taking things slow and keeping it simple right now. i must conquer this! i will never stop trying!hope you have a fabulous week!!
Hi Sisters! Good to see you, Susan and evepet and Goldielocks!

I'm still here and working this program. Today I hit the 20 pound mark from this reboot. The losses are very slow, but it's going down and that's good. This is something I'm living with and it's fine.

Just joined a CSA that started here in my little town for the first time. Once a week I pick up a half-share of locally grown, organic veggies that are wonderful!

I'm still doing alternatives and going fine. A little loose on sauces when I go out, but other than that I'm OP. Yesterday I found myself at a festival in New Orleans and walked a good bit. Then i had some Voodoo shrimp, shrimp cooked in some outrageously delicious sauce. Still lost a little weight from the walking (and dancing).

Anyway, all is well with me. Hope you are all doing fine. Have a great day!
Old 04-08-2017, 08:13 PM   #133  
Feed Your Freedom

Hi Joy!!! and everyone else!!! hope everyone is having a good week so far!! I am slowly getting back into the hang of things, making new recipes, and feeling in control again. Its a never ending process!! I will always keep trying.

hope you all do well this weekend and lets do this!!!!
Old 04-11-2017, 06:42 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quick howdy! Hanging in there... Not at my happy weight at the moment, but not going up either. My focus isn't what it should be these days... family medical issues (hubby and elderly parents). Nighttime snacking is my nemesis Joy, the food box sounds yummy. You probably get an interesting batch of unusual veg to experiment with.
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:35 PM   #135  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi all you lovelies!

Started my reboot on 3/28. Down almost 7 lbs. with a goal of 20 to loose. I let things get a bit out of control but I realize now that IP is what works so I'm back at it again. Hoping to get back to my happy weight soon, but I know the closer I am the longer it will take.
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote