Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 10:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Default Oct. Newbies 2013 Jumping into July

Hi all,

July is here! Time to focus on meeting our health and fitness goals: losing, maintaining, exercising or de-stressing.
Old 07-01-2015, 11:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Cool Happy summer

Sounds like a plan. I am still here plugging along.

Hope everyone enjoys their summer! Happy 4th of July!!!
Old 07-01-2015, 04:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Ughhh, de-stressing.... VERY GOOD IDEA. Soooo looking forward to this upcoming camping vacation.

Hellooooo to everyone out there!
Liana
Old 07-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hi ladies,

Slip - how is Maine? My kids are on summer vac and doing a month of day camp which is a first for them. How long are you in Maine for? I've always wanted to go.

Liana - I have heard about the horrible fires up your way. Have things cleared up?

Want2be - hope your dad is doing better. The foam run sounded like a riot I will have to keep my eye out for one in this area.

Hi lucclove and to everyone else. Happy Canada day to all you Canadian IPers

My weight has been consistently up 2-3 lbs and that is with me making an effort to get those lbs off. Clearly not making a big enough effort and not sure what that's about. Stress around DH job ending and him having interviews but not landing anything. I think the added exercise gets tricky as I start snacking on added carbs. But regardless still fairly happy and guessing this is maintainence for the most part right?

Last edited by Jenny38; 07-01-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:59 AM   #5  

We had a couple of little spot fires started from the lightning (2 very strong thunderstorms Mon night and Tues night) but they have been taken care of. We are lucky to be a fire training center for the province and actually have lots of other crews come in from neighbouring provinces for extra training, so that means we have a RapAttack base here (the rapid attack guys are the ones that get dropped in via rappel from helicopters in very difficult terrain or fire conditions). So anything that comes our way gets hit hard & fast, as crews need their practice, lol. The big fire that was affecting our area is still burning but 95% contained and the evac orders & alerts are rescinded. Other fires are not affecting towns or structures so those are often left to burn themselves out with minimal control from the firefighters - fire is actually good for the forest - the problem is that they are suppressed for so long that fuel builds up to dangerous levels, or they are interface fires and there is danger to structures and people.
Hahaha, sorry Jenny for the big dissertation. My DH used to fight fire when younger and I find it a very interesting subject.

On a related note, I worked the Canada Day festivities last night and the firemen of Blind Bay (population 1500) put on an amazing fireworks display! $20,000 worth! There's a lot of money in that area - huge vacation homes on the lake that are second and third houses for many well-to-do people living in other areas as well as retirees from big businesses elsewhere in the provinces. All in all a very calm night and I had no drunks to deal with - even had time to video some of the beautiful fireworks with my phone. One of the more enjoyable paid security gigs I've done, lol.

I'm still in my maintenance range too, Jenny, but not quite at the number I like. I suppose in my case I am not working it hard enough to get back down there and have had random moments of what I consider cheating (unplanned rather large carb/fat snack events) - so I guess that's the weight I'm probably going to be now unless I really buckle down & concentrate. Or at least for the next couple of years as menopause gets done. A friend told me that she gained a bit during the 'shutdown' but lost it without effort when all was done. I find it hard to believe I was 8 lbs lighter than today, a year ago - actually 4 lbs UNDER my goal weight (end of June 2014 was my lowest maintenance weight 128 lbs.) Not sure quite how that happened... But it didn't last very long.

Liana
Old 07-05-2015, 06:48 PM   #6  

Hi Liana,
I appreciate the info about the fire. I don't actually know much about it and assumed all forest fires bad. The fire works display sounded beautiful.

I am so impressed that you are within 8lbs after a year, you are amazing and even more amazing having dealt with menopause, your mom's illness, DH parent's health issues, your own health issues, and working on top of all of that.

I had a good weekend, lots of activity and outdpside time. I really want to get 2-3 off, not sure it will all happen this week. But am going to really focus and eat clean, get rid of the sugar devil, go back to the basics like making my own dressing and stuff.

Hi to Steph, Slip, Hawaii, Lucci, and everyone else.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:26 AM   #7  

So, my kitchen is a mess of totes packed with camping supplies, as I am working for the next 3 nights before we leave (& sleeping days of course) and DH & I were testing out the stove, and the lantern, and finally took the picnic table cover/travel gazebo down after wind tunnel/thunderstorm testing, lol. Dinners the next couple of nights will be 'very strange, random cleaning out of fridge' meals (tonight was turkey breast cacciatore with lots of chunky peppers & zucchini over black bean spaghetti - low in carb/fat & high in protein) and I have to make sure that all perishables are safely stowed in the freezer or eaten up before Thursday morning.
The first few nights are being spent in Prince George so no perishables until we are ready to shove off from there into a provincial park campground. This evening I have been researching gluten free restaurant choices in the city and came across some amazing sounding places (Thank You, TripAdvisor!). Great Indian food (our favorite) and a wonderful sounding Persian restaurant, plus a gastro-pub with 60 kinds of beer including GF!. I may gain a bit on this trip unless I hike & paddle A LOT. I am trying to figure out camping food for us, as I like to do one pot meals, but I haven't camped properly since I did this diet, so my go-to's seem to be higher in carb than I want. The low carb bean pasta will help, but I also have quinoa, and Lundberg Rice Couscous. I will have to make lunches my fat meal for sure. I've packed my blender bottle and protein smoothie powder and a sack of Quest bars for DH & I to hike with. Some canned veg & meats to be supplemented with sturdy produce at the appropriate time.
Any ideas, gals??
Just thinking about it caused me to haul a Toblerone out of the freezer and share it with hubby, both of us gnawing on frozen chocolate so it doesn't melt all over. Temps are still pretty hot here, at least they should be good up north, about 25C daytime down to 8-10C nights. (We have 3 season bags and fleece, lol).

I'll try to get back on here before we go... if not, talk to you all near the end of the month. Hang in there ladies, we can do this!

Liana
Old 07-09-2015, 06:46 AM   #8  

Have a great camping trip Liana!
I'm somewhat hopeless when it comes to cooking and then camping totally overwhelmed me! Looking forward to hearing about your meals tho and I'm sure you will both be very active during this trip. Have fun!

How is everyone else doing?

Slip, how are you doing? Are you feeling rested and eating on your plan? I imagine lots of nice fish to eat in Maine.

Hi to everyone!
Old 07-09-2015, 11:05 AM   #9  

Jenny, I am jumping on the scale on Monday and will begin again. We have a huge family event on Sat. Pretty sure that I have quite a bit to lose, but I will not give up the fight. While I am not happy that my pants don't fit, I needed a break. I am sure that my reboot will include a huge sugar withdrawal, :P
Unfortunately, there are consequences to month long breaks.

I am finally relaxing and feel almost back to my calm self. The garden is looking great and I have spent this week catching up with friends.

How are you?

Hawaii, where are you?

Want2b, are you getting in fit form for your family reunion?
Old 07-11-2015, 12:19 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi everyone;

Well, its been an extremely busy time. My daughter graduated, we had a surprise 25th anniversary, went to a convention, had a bunch of family visit. Then we went on a holiday. Needless to say, the weight is still up. But, I'm not giving up and plan to get those lbs back down. The rest of the summer should be quieter so I am going to focus on the eating and exercising. I want to feel more comfortable in my clothes. And I am determined to get back to where I feel good. I hope you are all enjoying your summer.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:50 PM   #11  

Hi everyone,

Summer is chugging along. So many social events! Had a nice phase 1 breakfast today. Too much focus on all OP or nothing for me. My pledge is to eat very healthy when I am at home. I was getting carried away with my break/slide. I also do not want the isolation that comes with Phase 1, so for the rest of the summer I am going to do a hybrid of the Phases. I think that if I limit my carbs, so of this puffiness will go away. I am going to call it clean eating. If I focus my choices on protein, veggies and water. I should be okay even while out, but I am not giving up wine!
Old 07-15-2015, 07:59 PM   #12  

Hi everyone,

Day3 of clean eating. I was have been experiencing pain in my neck, jaw and left eye for the past couple of weeks. I have had ocular migraines before but none that have lasted for more than a couple of days, so I dragged my behind to the Drs. and was there from 10:30 until 3:00! The wait was long and the blood work results longer. I was starving at the end! They are thinking it is either an inflamed nerve or Lyme disease. 3 Meds later, I am hoping to feel better.

How are all of you gals?

Hawaii, your business this summer seems like a lot of fun!

Kooky, congrats on achieving your goal of walking 40+ miles for the Komen Foundation to cure breast cancer.

Liana, hope your camping is fun!

Jenny, read on the other thread that you are at goal! Yahoo for you.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:53 PM   #13  

Day 4 of clean eating is complete, but I am so hungry tonight! Must be the prednisone I told a friend that I was hungry and she said, "how do you deal with that?" My response was that IP taught me that I would not die from being a little hungry.

Hope that you are all having fun.
Old 07-18-2015, 11:34 AM   #14  

Slip - were they able to confirm wether it was Lyme disease? My cousin's husband had it, had so much trouble in Canada getting proper diagnoses and ended up going to the US for it and treatment. This summer there have been a lot of postings on Facebook about checking your body for Lyme disease. Great work with clean eating and I think taking a break is important when you need it and you were able to totally jump back on the plan.

Hawaii - sounds like a busy but fun time you've been having. Did your daughter graduate from College?

I hope Liana is having a great time camping.

I'm trying to focus on staying at goal eight more constantly and working on my exerciseing. Have been enjoying some nice long bike rides which is a nice break on the knees from running.

Hi to everyone
Old 07-18-2015, 01:28 PM   #15  

Jenny, it is not Lyme according to the test, but the headache/ eye pain has not changed even on the medicine. Ugh, between TOM, starving, and this headache- I feel crummy and I am having nine of my family for dinner in the garden tomorrow for my brother's birthday. Just have to keep on, keeping on.

I am so glad that you are enjoying the bike riding. How is your Tri training going? Any news with DH's job? Are you on FB?
Closed Thread