Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2015, 04:21 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hi all;

Just a quick check in. The scale keeps going up and I'm so annoyed with myself but I keep thinking of September and getting back into the groove. I'm not eating crazy but just not making the right choices. Too many carbs. So, am getting myself geared up and ready to get these awful up lbs off. Hope you are all doing well and looking forward to things settling down in the fall.
Old 08-16-2015, 10:49 PM   #47  

Height: 5'2

Hi Hawaii,

I'm sorry the scale has been going up for you. Mine was doing the same so I have committed to starting Phase 1 again. Today is day 7. It hasn't been easy! I'll weigh in tomorrow night. I'm hoping to only have to do this for 4 weeks but that might be a tall order for 13.2 lbs. We'll see how it goes!

I hope you're all doing well. I'm looking forward to shedding these up lbs. Luckily there isn't any big events coming up to derail me.

S.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:20 AM   #48  

Steph I'm also doing a mini P1 reboot starting tomorrow, maybe 4 weeks or so... we'll see.
Old 08-17-2015, 04:33 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

I like your new picture, Steph, cute friend there.
Well my eating hasn't been very on plan, but with all the exercise I've been getting, I am still losing. down another lb. Got to seriously get back to my P2 smarten-up as I a have a few to go before comfy weight. I can't do up a couple of pairs of jeans, but they are the most unforgiving pairs and I know I won't be able to get into them until I'm back to 134 at least. 3 more lbs.
Keep on trucking ladies!
Still working like crazy, and dealing with MIL's housing search, and Mum's dementia. A few times now she has thought my Dad was her father and asked him where my Dad was. Only for about 15 minutes at a time and then it's gone again and she knows who he is. She still knows me yet, but I don't know for how long. At least Dad is not 'a stranger she is in the house with' at these moments. She always had a good relationship with her father, so she is not distressed, just puzzled as to where her husband is at times. It's pretty sad for Dad though.
Liana
Old 08-17-2015, 07:50 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone,

I will be doing a Phase 1 stint in Sept too. None of my pants fit! Not going to face the scale until summer is over. Ugh! I am right there with you, Hawaii. I see it happening but have I stopped? No!
Old 08-17-2015, 07:54 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Hi all!

I am on P3 for a week so I can get ready for the cruise. It is exciting and scary at the same time. It is weird that you can now eat some stuff that was forbidden. Lots to learn!

Hang in there everyone. You are not alone!!
Old 08-17-2015, 10:28 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hi,

Everyone is working so hard! I often think of the quote Lisa posts about "pick your hard" and it is all hard, losing, getting stuck, maintaining ....

It's interesting that we are all struggling at the same time. For me I wonder that I just got more relaxed with it being summer, more social events, weekends away. I'm up a couple, need to get 3 off.

Liana - I still need to order my pics. I need to work on my smile for when I see the photographer. I think I'm breathing too hard to smile.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:38 PM   #53  

Amber - I'm glad I'm not alone! Good luck to you and let me know how you're doing.

Liana - hehe thanks. I figured it was time for a new profile pic. I hate how small they are and you can't see the full image.

Slip - My shorts and pants were starting to get tight so it was time to smarten up. Will your work clothes be okay come September?

Lucci - Have fun on your cruise!!!

Jenny - Looking forward to seeing a finish line photo soon

I updated my ticker. 4 lbs down after a week of Phase 1. I'm happy but 5 would have been nicer :P I'm thinking this might take more like 6 weeks. Bah! It must be done!

Hang in there and check in often ladies!
Old 08-18-2015, 08:38 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 193/162/162

Height: 5' 6

Hey ladies:

It's so great to hear from you all. We can do this! I am gearing up my mind and will be ready to get back at it. Having a rebook is normal in maintaining so I have to see the reality of this and not get down on myself. I am avoiding the scale for now and will own that number in a couple weeks.

Have a great time Lucy! Let's do this together Slip! Jenny, you are doing great. Amber, its so nice to know that I'm not alone. Liana, I want to get burning those calories off with exercise like you! Congrats Steph on losing those lbs! Nice to see the scale going down!

Hi Want2B and Kooky! And everyone else who reads this. Have a great day.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:19 PM   #55  

Hi Everyone.

First day of P1 reboot. So far so good.... I was pretty cranky about it all this morning but once I'm determined I'll just muscle my way through it. I had to leave mid-morning from work to do an office supply run so that I didn't go crazy - that helped just to have something outside to do, and then time for lunch. I forgot how much I like the IP food - I only have eaten alternatives, and not many (mostly protein bars) since IP because it's so expensive, but I wanted and needed my coach's support so wanted to buy some of my food at the clinic.

That put my day in a positive because it gave me something to look forward to... so I convinced myself that IP P1 will be great when I do it because it's the only time I'll splurge on the food (hey I'm kind of faking it but why not fake it until I make it

Now I have a raging headache and I'm moody and low energy but that's OK, just two more hours then I'll go home and watch a movie and sleep. I just had some salt and lemon water and that helped. And I'm spending my afternoon break writing this post....

My coach of course was great -
she said:
1. It's totally fine to need to do a P1 round, and I might want to just include in my head that I'll do it once a year or so, so that it doesn't feel like a problem when I need to do it. Esp. in the first year or two - figuring out what works and doesn't work in maintenance for my particular body.

2. In her experience personally and in their clinic, they have actually found the people lose weight faster the second time around and have an easier time the first week going into ketosis, if they haven't regained a lot, because they have less insulin in their body to burn up (I might not have worded that properly). She said the reason that people think the weight loss is slower the 2nd time around is that most people are not so strict the 2nd time for lots of different reasons.

I don't know if any of that is true, but I'm holding onto it this week, as I do want to feel better and not lose slowly, and also it gives me an excuse to be strict, as I can tell already I want to add a little extra milk to my coffee or a little extra oil or things like that, that I never did the first time around.

3. I shouldn't feel weird at all about needing/wanting the support of a coach - she said a year after she finished P1 she ended up about 15 lbs up (same as me) and she kept thinking "I'm a coach, I know how to do this, I should be able to do it on my own" but she could never quite get started. After going to the coach for two weeks she finally felt like "oh, I got this now" but it took some time.
So that made me feel better.
Somehow I just needed the extra support and the commitment of saying out loud "I'm going this even when I don't feel like it" to someone else in person helped.

4. I asked her "I know it's hard to say, but do you have a ballpark of about how long I will need to do P1?" - I don't know what I was thinking, but I was hoping two or three weeks like a bozo... she said "Oh, not long Amber, maybe 6 to 8 weeks, maybe longer".
Boooooo ..... but then I thought about it and of course she's right. It just all came on so fast! Ah well, live and learn....
I'll need to go a few lbs under to account for the glycogen restore, but I'll feel good about it all when I get there.

And, for the first time in two years, I decided for dinner as my "last supper" to eat more tortilla chips with dinner than I wanted, rather than listen to my body, and now my stomach is like wtf dude, what was that?
So again, live and learn. There was no pleasure in it. Wasn't worth it. I rarely eat carbs and if I do, I just have a bite or two just for the pleasure of it, not several big handfuls

5. And, speaking of which, she said it's clear I'm just esp. carb sensitive and likely will need to be careful and a little under normal calories daily in maintenance, esp. during periods when I'm not exercising. The lack of exercise and a glass of wine here and there was how the 10lbs jumped on so fast in this last month. Prior to that I was just hovering in the 5 lbs over and under zone.

Sooooooo that's my story

Thanks guys!!! I'm glad a few of us Steph, Hawaii etc. are in this together... it helps a lot actually.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 08-18-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-20-2015, 01:33 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi,

Amber- thank you for sharing your coaches tips/experience.

Steph, tops, skirts and dresses are fine. Had to buy a couple of dress pants, a size up. Killed me! But, having my clothes ready to go at the start of the school year is vital. 5:30 am comes early and I don't have time to try on clothes. Best part of being at goal was never having to worry about whether my clothes would fit. You are right- time to get real.

Jenny, for me, summer fun has def. contributed to my gain. That, and these headaches.

Luccilove, you must be so excited about your cruise! And the Phase 3 breakfast

Liana, all I can do is send you a hug. Reminds me to cherish the time with my parents.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:12 PM   #57  

Slip it's the same for me - the tighter pants are the issue.
Being on P1 for only two days now is correcting the belly bloat really quickly, which is nice.
I hope the start of school goes well.
Old 08-27-2015, 03:50 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hi ladies,

I'm back at the cottage with Dh and the kids till Sunday. This is the first week we've all had together this summer. Went for a very hilly 12 run this morning, perfect weather for it.

Slip how was the first week back at school? I keep forgetting your school year starts before ours. Are you doing the same gr again? I'm thinking it was 7

Amber- I enjoyed reading your tips from your coach. This is such a learning process.

My weight seems to really fluctuate in the past few weeks, it's like I hit goal and then do some major exercise and it goes up. I feel go good about my food.
Old 08-27-2015, 06:44 PM   #59  

Hi All,

It's day 18 of Phase 1 reboot and I'm pissed off! Stepped on the scale this morning and I'm almost up 1lb from this time last week. What the ****? Instead of motivating me, it's making me want to binge eat. I don't think I ever had that much of a gain on Phase 1 ever. I haven't had anything off plan. Grrrrr!

I hope you're all doing well. Calgary has been insanely smokey for the past 4 days from the fire in Washington. Haven't seen the sun for days!

S.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:10 PM   #60  

Steph that sucks. I’m sure you’re losing inches or something…. I think with doing a small reboot we might hit these phases.
I’ve been the same for a few days but trusting it will turn around. Last week was my first week so a big whoosh (8 lbs) and now steady for several days.

I feel a lot better though than last week.
Closed Thread