Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 11:24 AM   #31  

Amanda whoa I don't know about the karma part but that sounds like something that would shake me. I have been in a few car accidents, one very bad. It does shake a person.

Avalon thanks for all you shared. I think it's important and great that you compensate what your body needs for your height. I think what you are discovering is great. About 8 months into P1 my coach also had me add some fat and it was similar for me - It helped me really see that I would be fine in maintenance. Once I added the fat I really felt like I could eat that way pretty much the rest of my life and be totally satisfied and fine, so it helped me relax that I could stick in for the long haul. The last few months of P1 I pulled it back out as my weight loss slowed and that was fine since it was just for a period of time.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 07-02-2015 at 11:27 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:30 PM   #32  
Serial Dieter

S/C/G: 320/278/200

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
Alexandria - my bladder sucks lol if I drank that much water before an hour long walk I would be in the bushes somewhere around mile 2!!!
Hysteria, you make me chuckle. I hear you. I always go just before I walk. But sometimes I do have to pick up the pace towards the end! I love your screenname too BTW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Avalon thanks for all you shared. I think it's important and great that you compensate what your body needs for your height. I think what you are discovering is great. About 8 months into P1 my coach also had me add some fat and it was similar for me - It helped me really see that I would be fine in maintenance. Once I added the fat I really felt like I could eat that way pretty much the rest of my life and be totally satisfied and fine, so it helped me relax that I could stick in for the long haul. The last few months of P1 I pulled it back out as my weight loss slowed and that was fine since it was just for a period of time.
Amber, you are so right. We are not all cookie cutter. What works for me might be awful for someone else. I am a huge believer in trial and error -- and fine tuning things for your own situation. It's not always the same as everyone else. But I do think it's interesting to compare notes.

It's also interesting that you had a similar experience to me with additions before officially phasing off -- that it gave you confidence that things would be OK in maintenance. If I didn't do that -- I would probably be freaking out right now with fear about my phase off. Now I am completely confident.

Last edited by Avalon1957; 07-03-2015 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:14 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

Hi, All. I'm starting Phase 2 in the morning. It's time to move toward maintenance.

Will be adding weight training soon, and hopefully, that will help me tighten up and move into a smaller size clothes.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:41 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBeadz View Post
I'm glad to have found this group. I started 12-1-14. Don't think many people were crazy enough to join between Thanksgiving and Christmas so I never really found a group. My only regret ~ not starting at least a month earlier because I'd be that much closer to being done by now. But.....I didn't know about IP until some time early November.
SO I found it easier for me to be on P1 during the holidays...I knew I could not taste anything and it made it better for me... Congrats on P2 Good luck I am almost there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJTx View Post
Okay, so let's chalk yesterday up to a crappy day all around and start fresh on this new day, new month! I blame the alignment of the planets

Cheryl - sorry to hear about your "dizzies," are you feeling any better today? Have you called your doctor? Your coach?

Amber - sounds like there's been a lot on your plate! I'm glad you talked it out with a friend, and feel like you're heading back out of it. I hope so!

Sue - that's FANTASTIC news for hubby!! sorry about the pesky up pound but you know how to blast that away!

Pretty much everyone online community I've been involved in has some sort of "summer slump" - people's schedules change, and/or they are less active online due to other things, busy-ness, for us in particular I think diet fatigue is huge, etc, etc, etc...

I know we can beat the summer slump, and help each other through this journey! Let's do this!!

WTG On Goal!!! I saw it on the daily! so excited for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Love you ladies! Come back to us Avalon!! This process is hard enough as it is. We need to be forgiving to ourselves and others. Stress (or alignment of the planets) can get to the best of us.

Sue - Glad for the positive news on your DH's diagnosis. My sister fought Hodgkins successfully. Such a treatable type of lymphoma. Have they discussed treatment plans yet? Thinking of you both.

Well, I am stuck in P3 hel!. Not following it 100% and still not sure what to do in P4. Missing simple P1 meal planning at the moment. Apparently I have 3 snacks a day to plan and I have no idea what to eat. A meal with some carbs and then one with allowed fat. I don't know what to eat or plan. I am afraid to move ahead....and I am up 4 lbs since Sat!?! Other than Sat night, I have increased calories and food but not been "off plan". Stressful people. After 2+ weeks of breakfast, I feel more comfortable with that. Snacks should be easy, right? Not so much.

I can't bring myself to eat carbs (ie: potatoes, rice, etc). Heck, I can't even eat restricted veggies. But don't have problems with cheese. I am a walking contradiction... Anyway, thanks for letting me vent. I just wish IP gave you a sample week to follow until you get the hang. Telling me 1 carb or 1 serving of fat tells me NOTHING. Gah!
Ugh....so sorry I have a fear of anything past phase 1 at this point..too much on my plate to cope!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Well, karma is an absolute biotch. Hubby and I decided that we will begin our compliance regime on Saturday (once the current familial issue is resolved on Friday) and thought we'd have one last major "cheat" to enjoy. I know, it's not making the situation any better, but ... sometimes you just have to roll with it.

So, we went to Krispy Kreme and ordered our lovely donuts. Five minutes later we were pinioned between a truck and a signpost, having taken a signpost out completely and avoided rolling because we were resting against the second sign. Luckily, none of the three cars' occupants were injured (beyond seat belt injuries - darned painful) but the whole box of donuts flew off my lap and ended up on the floor. I guess that's the universe's way of saying "get back on plan" huh?

Talk about feel cheated. Not to mention I was covered in hubby's Dr Pepper drink and the powder from the donuts. I looked like Coco the Clown.
OMG so sorry about the accident and the devine intervention the hard way on the donuts! Glad everyone is OK..

You gals are the best with your support. Thanks so much it really does mean a lot! I am going day by day. I really want to buckle down and get these last 15 off, but right now I am happy to maintain till DH starts treatment and we get into a routine and I can move forward. I know that is an excuse, but its what I got! LOL... I am not eating off program, just too many extra IP packets and weirdo times .. I will get my refocus and get there...

Oncologist today and then hopefully the road to recovery will be smooth... We need a win.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:08 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 194/141/125

Height: 5'

Got to thinking maybe I was going to Phase 2 too early and should stick it out a bit longer. Then I looked at my diary. It's taken me 8 weeks to lose the last 10 pounds. Inches lost in that amount of time 16, but I really haven't changed size much in that amount of time. I did go from a size 10 short to a loose size 8. Not holding out much hope for a size 6. LOL! Will always have a big rear.....which my daughter assures me is quite "in" these days. Looking forward to getting in the gym. Weight training may help to really tighten up some areas. I know it will help me in maintenance!

Everybody have a lovely Fourth of July weekend!
Debra
Old 07-03-2015, 08:09 AM   #36  
Serial Dieter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBeadz View Post
Got to thinking maybe I was going to Phase 2 too early and should stick it out a bit longer. Then I looked at my diary. It's taken me 8 weeks to lose the last 10 pounds. Inches lost in that amount of time 16, but I really haven't changed size much in that amount of time. I did go from a size 10 short to a loose size 8. Not holding out much hope for a size 6. LOL! Will always have a big rear.....which my daughter assures me is quite "in" these days. Looking forward to getting in the gym. Weight training may help to really tighten up some areas. I know it will help me in maintenance! Everybody have a lovely Fourth of July weekend!
Debra

I hear your struggle on this. I think that weights will def. help you tighten and improve your calorie burn -- but just a little warning not to get too hung up on the scale during that period. For me, I tend to put on some scale pounds whenever I do any weights. Muscle weighs more than fat. However health and look and inches sometimes has less to do with the scale!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 07-03-2015 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:42 AM   #37  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday everyone!
I have enjoyed a bit of a sleep in this AM. Later today I am heading for Lord and Taylor to the Estee Lauder counter where I am having a complimentary facial and makeover! This should be fun and maybe I will have some photos to share...

I am concluding that my dizzies are likely related to my lax habit of taking supplements... I need that potassium I think. I am starting today with regular OP supplement intake to see if that helps everything, or helps any of my late woes.

I need a new doc because mine retired last month right after I had new blood work done and we discussed. Not the best timing for a change, but there you have it. I do need a doc.

Alexandra - so glad to see you back after your break - maybe you have a doc in northern VA who you would recommend?
And thanks for sharing your customized eating plan. I have been adding one or 2 whole eggs and more meat protein to increase my fat intake this week. Still having extra packets to respond to hunger but I have lost weight the past 2 days so I refuse to sweat it right now.

G4H - my experience with this last 10 lbs seems to mirror yours. This constant hunger is excruciating and the very slow pace of loss is frustrating. I want to be able to enjoy some summer fruits this year, tomatoes from the garden. I think maybe it is time for me to phase off, and like Mizbeadz - focus on working out and toning up to maybe drop another size and fill in some of this excess skin.

Briael!!!! How awful to hear of your auto accident. So glad there were no serious injuries. If you are like me, you are wondering how everything was fine one moment (donut heaven, as a matter of fact) and then - in an instant- all was in the dumper. It is SO GOOD to see you back here posting on 3F3 - I know I am not the only person who has missed you.

JJTx - it's REALLY happened - you are at goal and phasing off!!! Terrific! Thanks for the encouraging PM - my dizzies went away after a few hours and some food, and I think maybe it is the need for supplements. I researched back in 3FC IP to Shasta and Ro22's conversation about the same symptoms I have been having, and I think the potassium and the Vit D will help. I will find a new doc, and I will also go back to see my neurosurgeon - I had a meningioma tumor removed in 2008, and it had presented itself with a bad case of dizzies to the point of total loss of equilibrium. I stopped having annual MRIs 2 yrs after surgery because the needle experience to get the contrast dye was consistently miserable. I guess there is some chance that another tumor is forming in the meningia... Personally I have been inclined to let that be something "I don't know that I don't know" because I don't want to do anymore brain surgery unless it is really affecting my daily life. The tumors are benign 99.9 percent of the time, common among post menopausal women, and the location relative to brain function is the primary risk. Near optic nerve can cause loss of vision... Mine was behind my left eye and largely under the temporal lobe. Once was enough for me with brain surgery... So I have been ignoring it.

So - aside from my makeover today I am going to a dance party tonight. The theme is beach party, and I think I will wear a little flip flop dress or some white leggings or jeans with a boho top....

Sort of behaving like the ostrich with head in sand... But right now really enjoying a long holiday weekend with steak on the grill with IP compliant sides in my near future!

Last edited by oneuh2; 07-03-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:54 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Alexandra - back with a "bang"!! Glad your break was short, and thanks for sharing in such detail.

Amanda - sorry for the car accident, you guys are more important than donuts!!

CenTxChk - thanks for sharing your struggles with phasing, I know you will settle into what works for you.

Everyone thinking about phasing off - as you all know I was struggling with this too, but it was pretty clear my body was done with P1. I still have work to do, physically and mentally - how do you wrap your brain around 141 pounds?? My sister said anytime I need a reminder she will jump on my back!

First couple of days of P2 have gone ok. It's taking more planning but it's nice to have "real" food at lunch. Hubby and I went to freebirds (like Chipotle) for salads at lunch yesterday- it was good but the meat was SUPER salty!!

Cheryl - so glad you're feeling better, but no hiding ok? If you have something going on let's figure it out and take care of YOU enjoy the makeover - we want pictures!!

Last edited by JJTx; 07-03-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:57 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Happy Friday and long weekend to some of you! I am at work this morning (BOO) but only working a half day. Perfect opportunity to clean up my desk on a quiet work day but her I am posting instead. I will make this quick and get back to work!!

One – Yes, please try the IP supplements to see if that makes a difference. I also experienced a couple episodes of dizzies but they seemed to be related to times of standing for long periods and needing food. Always seemed to happened during some social situation. Take care of yourself sweetie!

Sue – Sorry to hear you are working this weekend. I feel your pain but maybe good to help keep your mind off things? And if you are going to go off plan, eating an extra packet is the way to go. You are going to get through this tough time and come out successful on the other side. I think maintaining during the stressful time is a great plan and definitely a win!

Avalon – So glad your back! I totally agree that you have to tailor this diet to fit your needs. For me, that meant following it 100% but everyone’s needs and limits are different.

Welcome MizBeadz and congrats on phasing off!! Keep us posted how things are going!

Had a mini-melt down at Sprouts yesterday trying to buy food for maintenance. Sent my coach a frustrated whiney text. She responded but we never could connect at the same time to have an active conversation. She said to focus on lunch and dinners first before snacks. Sounds good but I still am not sure what or how much to add to lunches and dinners. As per G4H’s recommendation, I went back and made a list of potential snack items from the maintenance meals post. I think I now have a short list of items that I can try. Now I need t figure out meals….

I did enjoy a vodka tonic last night after a softball game I played in. Finally got to enjoy happy hour with a drink and be OP!!...and I was down a pound on the scale this morning which also brought a smile (and a small sense of relief) to my face.

Back to the trainer this afternoon….of course, today is the first day I can sit down without my thighs screaming so it is clearly time to head back to the gym.

Big plans on the local lakes this weekend for the 4th. Looking forward to spending time on the water with my family and friends. Be safe out there people! Happy 4th! Love you all!!
Old 07-03-2015, 04:49 PM   #40  

CenTx here are my “go to” snacks - I am not religious about not combining certain macros so they may not work for you -
- 1/2 apple and celery with 1 or 2 TBSP fresh ground almond butter
- Babybel cheese (70 calories for one, and they are wrapped in wax so easy to transport)
- snack baggie with about 10 raw almonds or other nut (I always carry one of these in my purse)
- grapes, sometimes with the nuts (also in a snack baggie, easy to carry)
- Think Thin bar (higher calorie so sometimes just 1/2) or equivalant bar
- I still buy some IP products when I see my coach monthly so I might have a wafer or something
- Yogurt/fruit -or cottage cheese/fruit - sometimes throw in a few nuts
- coffee with milk and 1/2 tsp of coconut oil (mid morning)

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 07-03-2015 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:45 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
CenTx here are my “go to” snacks - I am not religious about not combining certain macros so they may not work for you -
- 1/2 apple and celery with 1 or 2 TBSP fresh ground almond butter
- Babybel cheese (70 calories for one, and they are wrapped in wax so easy to transport)
- snack baggie with about 10 raw almonds or other nut (I always carry one of these in my purse)
- grapes, sometimes with the nuts (also in a snack baggie, easy to carry)
- Think Thin bar (higher calorie so sometimes just 1/2) or equivalant bar
- I still buy some IP products when I see my coach monthly so I might have a wafer or something
- Yogurt/fruit -or cottage cheese/fruit - sometimes throw in a few nuts
- coffee with milk and 1/2 tsp of coconut oil (mid morning)
Thank you so much! I really appreciate the suggestions. Is hummus an option? I miss it!

I am adding butter to my dinner tonight. Still figuring out carbs but I made an eggplant red pepper spread that I was thinking of using on some roasted chicken.

I pulled out my maintenance IP booklet and instructions to re-read everything. I calculated my BMR (Basal metabolic rate) to see the base number of calories I burn and the amount of protein I should consume in a day. My coach keeps telling me not to focus on calories but am having trouble not considering it in my meal planning using MFP. More importantly, after reading over everything again, I feel better about branching out. Geez, I never thought I was so scared of change. This is a new feeling....

Second training session at the gym today. Went much better than the first appnt but I Know I will be feeling it tomorrow. My third appnt is Monday. No turning back now! 27 days to vacation. Let's see what physical changes I can see before we leave. It is a beach vaca so there is extra incentive.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:45 AM   #42  
Serial Dieter

TWO QUESTIONS FOR THE GROUP ...

I am curious on peoples thoughts on motivation...

1. What are your sabotage factiors? Some of the biggest reasons / causes of wanting to stop (end the diet, or take a long break)

2. What are your motivation factors? The biggest factors that motivate you to keep going?

For those in maintenance. Are those two factors the same as when you were dieting. Or has the maintenance process changed things for you?

MY ANSWERS ...

For me there are two primary things that have sabotaged previous weight loss momentum.

1. Primary Sabotage Factors:

a. A Long Weight Loss Stall. In the past when I have stalled out (for a period of between 2 weeks and 4 to 6 weeks or so) -- I have this voice in my head that pops in and says "Why are you killing yourself, you're not getting anywhere, I might as well stop"

b. Diet Fatigue. Getting a feeling that you are sick of being good and want to eat the fun things that others around you might be eating. It's odd that sometimes friends or family might say things like ... "Come on, have some of this cake or pizza" ... almost like they would rather have you "party" with them than you be getting thinner. These sort of cheats are a very slippery slope for me. I have yo yo'd quite a bit in my life, and it always starts off with just a little break -- sometimes after a little break, it's really hard to get back on track. I am def. a carb addict!

Finally I think for me there are several things that keep me going and provide motivation:

2. Primary Motivation Factors:

a. Actually Reaching a Goal (and being able to live again). I really want to be able to "turn around" at the bottom of a big hill and say, I made that journey all the way down. To be able to have (enjoy) small slices of life where you can "join the food party" and eat like everyone else and then diet for just a few days to knock your weight back down to perfection. This is how a good friend of mine maintains her weight ... She will party and eat and drink ... then exercise more and diet for a few days and she keeps her weight between 110 and 115 (she's 5'2" and 58 years old) -- she's kind of my role model. Looking forward to the extra calories I can eat and maintain vs. the calorie restriction I currently need to lose.

b. Health. To actually achieve a healthy weight and feel good about how I look! Going into a Dr's office for a checkup and NOT HEARING "you need to lose a few pounds". So many things have improved in my body and blood work having lost 100+ pounds. No back pain, no foot pain, no knee pain, no blood sugar issues (diabetes or prediabetes), cholesterol in normal range, blood pressure normal, etc.

c. Recapture Past Glory! I looked SO GREAT 25 years ago when I weighed 190 lbs. It's a bit of a magnet for me to get back down there. Even though i realize that I am older and will never look that good. I want to look almost that good (lets say). Or at least the best I can look. Also to be able to have some social confidence that you look good -- I think that when I get really fat, I want to isolate myself (partly out of embarrassment and partly because it's uncomfortable being fat -- ever sit on an airplane for 8 hours when you are 120 pounds overweight?) To have just ONE SET of clothes that fit the "healthy you" and not all those "fat clothes". Gosh right now I have size 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26 in my closet ... It's expensive since I have clothes to fit 8 different versions of me! It would be amazing just to have a stable thin weight. I just figured out that my shoe size dropped 2 sizes after losing 114 pounds -- I didn't realize how much my feet had swelled up, from I guess fluid retention (or maybe spreading of the bones from my extreme weight). My ankles and legs are thin now too.

d. Fear of Backtracking or Yo-Yo'ing. I've done this to many times already. This might be the biggest thing that keeps me on the straight and narrow. I am realizing that a stall is not such a bad thing -- that another way of looking at a stall is "maintenance". It's all in how you look at it.

Let's hear some of your sabotage or motivation factors!

Last edited by Avalon1957; 07-04-2015 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:56 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post

1. What are your sabotage factiors? Some of the biggest reasons / causes of wanting to stop (end the diet, or take a long break)

My biggest sabotage factor is myself! LOL Wanting that extra bar because I want it. At the moment I want to stop because I just want to be "normal" again, but for me the factors change from day to day depending what I feel at the moment...My emotions are all over the place right now.

2. What are your motivation factors? The biggest factors to motivate you to keep going? For me right now it is the way I feel! I have not felt this great in years! Probably since before my son was born and I was a gym rat. Never thin, but fit. My other motivating factor is the closet full of 14 / 16 clothes and no more 22/24's...also the fact that I can no longer shop in my favorite "big woman" store. AND this morning I am sporting a cute T shirt from Old Navy size L....NO X IN FRONT

MY ANSWERS ...

For me there are two primary things that have sabotaged previous weight loss momentum.

1. Primary Sabotage Factors:

a. A Long Weight Loss Stall. In the past when I have stalled out (for a period of between 2 weeks and 4 to 6 weeks or so) -- I have this voice in my head that pops in and says "Why are you killing yourself, you're not getting anywhere, I might as well stop"

b. Diet Fatigue. Getting a feeling that you are sick of being good and want to eat the fun things that others around you might be eating. It's odd that sometimes friends or family might say things like ... "Come on, have some of this cake or pizza" ... almost like they would rather have you "party" with them than you be getting thinner. These sort of cheats are a very slippery slope for me. I have yo yo'd quite a bit in my life, and it always starts off with just a little break -- sometimes after a little break, it's really hard to get back on track. I am def. a carb addict!

Finally I think for me there are several things that keep me going and provide motivation:

2. Primary Motivation Factors:

a. Actually Reaching a Goal (and being able to live again). I really want to be able to "turn around" at the bottom of a big hill and say, I made that journey all the way down. To be able to have (enjoy) small slices of life where you can "join the food party" and eat like everyone else and then diet for just a few days to knock your weight back down to perfection. This is how a good friend of mine maintains her weight ... She will party and eat and drink ... then exercise more and diet for a few days and she keeps her weight between 110 and 115 (she's 5'2" and 58 years old) -- she's kind of my role model. Looking forward to the extra calories I can eat and maintain vs. the calorie restriction I currently need to lose.

b. Health. To actually achieve a healthy weight and feel good about how I look! Going into a Dr's office for a checkup and NOT HEARING "you need to lose a few pounds". So many things have improved in my body and blood work having lost 100+ pounds. No back pain, no foot pain, no knee pain, no blood sugar issues (diabetes or prediabetes), cholesterol in normal range, blood pressure normal, etc.

c. Recapture Past Glory! I looked SO GREAT 25 years ago when I weighed 190 lbs. It's a bit of a magnet for me to get back down there. Even though i realize that I am older and will never look that good. I want to look almost that good (lets say). Or at least the best I can look. Also to be able to have some social confidence that you look good -- I think that when I get really fat, I want to isolate myself (partly out of embarrassment and partly because it's uncomfortable being fat -- ever sit on an airplane for 8 hours when you are 120 pounds overweight?) To have just ONE SET of clothes that fit the "healthy you" and not all those "fat clothes". Gosh right now I have size 14, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24, 26 in my closet ... It's expensive since I have clothes to fit 8 different versions of me! It would be amazing just to have a stable thin weight. I just figured out that my shoe size dropped 2 sizes after losing 114 pounds -- I didn't realize how much my feet had swelled up, from I guess fluid retention (or maybe spreading of the bones from my extreme weight). My ankles and legs are thin now too.

d. Fear of Backtracking or Yo-Yo'ing. I've done this to many times already. This might be the biggest thing that keeps me on the straight and narrow. I am realizing that a stall is not such a bad thing -- that another way of looking at a stall is "maintenance". It's all in how you look at it.

Let's hear some of your sabotage or motivation factors!
So it is funny that I am never tempted when I am with a group of people. Kind of like they know what I am doing and dont ask / expect me to eat off plan. My friends have been truly very supportive. I guess that is a good thing...

One - I hear you on the suppliments screwing you up... I have missed a day or too of my mag / cal for lunch and felt the effects of the big C Actually just had to deal with that this past week. Right now my issue is that I have had 2 nights of charlie horses in my left calf...not sure why, but they wake me up in the middle of the night in sever pain.... Glad your dizzies went away...

JTX - still jealous

So we saw the oncologist yesterday and 2 more tests now that we know what we are dealing with..he needs a bone marrow biopsy and a ecocardigram because one of the effects of the meds is heart issues....then we start chemo. Maybe as early as next friday. It will be every other week for 6 months So we have a plan... Finally.

Now for me to get back on 100% focus....
Old 07-04-2015, 10:00 AM   #44  

Great questions Avalon! Good to reflect on why we are here and how we're going to stay here!!

P1 - Diet Fatigue - the most I would ever stick with a diet and lose on any diet I ever tried before IP was 3-4 months and approx 30lbs.. I would start slipping off plan and back to my old ways when I was bored, frustrated at low or no losses. I turned to food for stress and anxiety. Going to a therapist to work on my food issues, having an IP coach in person and you all here made all the difference to stick with this diet. I have surrounded myself with positive support during this WL. Well meaning friends can really derail you. Lastly, I didn't start out on 3FC posting very much. Thankfully I made the connection with you ladies are the right time. You all got me through the second half of my WL journey...definitely the harder half.

Maintenance- Moderation and Trigger foods. Moderation- Right now I have a lot of motivation to be successful but there are certain foods that can send me over the edge. Before IP I was considering WLS to try and get my weight under control. But I really didn't want to permanently modify my body. I want to be able to go out and have a nice dinner or drinks with friends. I know I need to live 90% of my life on the straight and narrow but I still want to enjoy life. I love food!

Trigger foods- These can still send me over the edge. I am realizing just now that they are more sweets in nature. Cake, chocolate, etc. Nuts have always been hard to stop too. Learning to eat in moderation where I can have these foods on occasion but not totally blow it. I have talked in therapy about my feelings that I have to eat the good stuff NOW. Like it will be gone forever. My head knows I can buy more right down the road at the grocery store but I will still panic and want to stuff it in.

2. What are your motivation factors? The biggest factors that motivate you to keep going?

P1 - Shopping. Seriously, shopping in normal clothing stores, wearing sizes I haven't seen in years or have never worn. Looking good in clothes. Buying something because I love it , not just because it fits.

I also feel great! My body doesn't hurt like it used to. I am no longer diabetic. I feel light and fit (even though I have zero muscle tone. Lol). Testing the physical limits of my body. My DH and kids are proud of me. My mom got to see me nearly at goal before she passed and my dad told me how she used to worry about me.

Maintenance - Never in a million years did I think I would ever reach GOAL! 115 pounds...that is monumental! When I started 3FC and read about people who lost 100+ pounds I never thought that would be me! I don't want to screw this up. I want to tone up and be healthy (and maybe have skin removal surgery).

I worry now about becoming a statistic. Losing all the weight but gaining it back. The odds are against me but that is where being stubborn and bullheaded will work to my advantage. Reading the maintenance paperwork, IP pretty much expects you to regain around 7lbs over the course of a year and reboot annually. Now whether I actually regain, the message is you have the tools to fix a slip. This is why you pick a scream weight and continue to WI periodically during maintenance. Those are motivational factors for me.

For those in maintenance. Are those two factors different from when you were dieting. Or has the maintenance process changed things for you?
Old 07-04-2015, 02:08 PM   #45  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

These images are from before my injectibles to after my Estee Lauder makeover...

Yesterday I had a very fun afternoon at L&T who is having a great July 4th sale... aside from the facial and makeover that led me to pre-order a gift and pick up my favorite Private Collection (original version) perfume and some new anti aging serum, I picked up some new exercise duds, some slacks for DH, and a couple of inexpensive gold vermeil rings-- I got these to wear as a guard with my wedding rings in order to keep the good stuff on my recently shrunken finger. Need to resize but waiting until after maintenance has settled and glycogen returns... I was surprised at how nice some inexpensive pieces look,

Funny item - if you look at the 2nd slide in the linked google deck you see my image and Olympia Dukakis -- several folks told me while I was in training 2 weeks ago that I look like her..... what do you think? Personally, I wish I had her smile - my smile does not do much to make me look pretty.... fortunately, smiles feel good, so I try to display them regularly anyway -- not exactly beaming in this selfies, but, oh well - there you have it

Yesterday I received final notice regarding the DietBet that I began in January -- was a winner of all 6 monthly rounds, and the results overall are:
Bet payments $125 (pd up front saving $25 over the monthly payments)
Gross winnings 261.39
Net winnings 136.39 (to be credited to my Paypal account)

The profits alone are equal to about one and a half weeks of IP foods (figuring 3 boxes a week at $84), or a few mani/pedi trips to the spa, or a new outfit - maybe a couple of pairs of new Dream Jeans... Definitely a nice little 'kiss' over and above the personal benefits of better health, better looks, and happier knees, feet, and wrists!!!

For anyone who is doing well with IP and who still has 10% of weight to lose (for a 6 month game), or anyone who is working on losing at least 4% of total weight in one month, the DietBet games are easy to do and will bring home some money.

There is talk of some kind of pairing up of DietBet with FitBit to do StepBet games - I have not found any of the details yet, but this could be a good thing for maintenance. I'll continue to look for info on this this and share when I find it.

Sue -- I think that the Magnesium is a factor when it comes to foot and leg cramping - my bariatric specialist whom I saw for a number of years prescribed magnesium to relieve my cramps, and I know when I get off the Mag-Cal supplement on IP, I not only tend to get bound up but I also get foot and leg cramps.

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday weekend -- yesterday was my 30th wedding anniversary -- DH and I are celebrating on July 18 when we have tickets to the VA State Dancesport Championship - we would normally go to the theater for something live on stage, but this summer's line up did not include anything we were that excited about. So we'll enjoy pro dancers and the company of dance friends.

Now for the questions from Alexandra.... I'll do a new posting since this one has become pretty long.
Closed Thread