Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 03:40 PM   #76  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for your inquiry on My Finess Pal, CenTxChk - I get a text sharing any MFP posts or any messages waiting, so It caught my attention at just the right time. I have a bit of cyber exploration time right now, for the first time in days.
I am reposting my response there to bring all up to date with me. I still need to read and catch up with what's happening with you guys though,

I am doing ok - just very tied up running back and forth to the medical facility - JD has no broken bones showing up on the X-rays or scans so far, but he does have some painfully severe soft tissue injuries. He is 83 years old and has had some rough medical challenges over the past 15 years. This fall from the lawn tractor took the starch out of him. And his right hand has been just about useless until today when swelling seemed to subside. It is still painful and needs to heal but has improved notably

I moved him from the trauma team care in the hospital to inpatient rehab at another nearby hospital yesterday - an all day episode - we have been thru this before so I know what to expect. But it is a real departure from our regular lives. Fortunately, he seems to be getting stronger each day - they will run him at full capacity at the rehab center with 3 hrs of PT, OT and some speech therapy daily except for tomorrow - all staff is off on Sunday's. Since he is doing reasonably well, I expect they will send him home by the end of the week. With any luck he will be stronger than he has been lately - before the fall. They won't let him sleep 12 hours a day which is the habit he had gotten into, and he will be on a bit more normal clock - getting up earlier than his recent habits.

Meanwhile I have been chasing down doctors, trying to provide some addtl food for him, beyond the dull stuff the hospital offers, checking in at work, and even making it to Mon and Thurs pre-paid dance classes. No time to sit down at the computer at night, and no consistent internet access at hospital during the day. I am not being perfect with my IP eating but I am largely on program. This week I think I will have a less demanding schedule of running back and forth, so I can have more evening meals at home. This will help.

I will be back to 3FC regularly before too long - I am not giving up!
Thanks to lol for all the good thoughts!
Old 07-12-2015, 06:39 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi Everyone! I know I haven't posted yet in this thread, but I've been following it for the past week. I'm on mini reboot. I lost 80 pounds between June 2012 and March 2013. I do mini reboots every so often when I need to get some pounds off. Right now I'm working on 10 pounds, using mostly alternatives. I do not let it go past 10-15 pounds because I never want to do the BIG journey again. Thus far, this has worked well for me and I consider my weight loss a success.

I usually read these forums when I eat lunch!

Oneuh - hope your DH is doing ok.

Sgrealtor - I've been back and forth to Florida 4 times in the last 4 months, helping my sister through chemo. I posted about it on one of the threads - maybe the Fab at 50 thread. Anyway, it's interesting and challenging to prepare small, appetizing meals that have many calories and optimum nutrition while maintaining our new way of eating. I've done it on P1 and on maintenance. It can be done! A few ideas that I found worked with my sister:
1. Bake banana bread. Use whole milk, sugar, honey, etc. A slice of banana bread and a high-protein, high-calorie drink always went down well as a mid-morning snack.
2. Sneak unflavored, uncolored whey protein into almost everything. I got into the habit of juicing fresh vegetables every day for my sis and added a measure (or a half measure) of this. It sneaks in calories and nutrition. We all know about whey here at IP! I bought it at Whole Foods. Rob brand.
3. My sister enjoys chocolate pudding for a nighttime snack. I make it with whole milk. I eat my pickle while she eats her pudding.
Hope these little tips help. Cook what he likes to eat, but present it in small servings. Best of luck to you!

Avalon, I love your graph! You are doing great! Congratulations!

CentralTX Chick - Congrats on getting to maintenance! You'll do great! BTW - I used to live in Texas. My favorite place to camp is Ink's Lake.

Have a lovely day, everyone!
Thanks for the tips....I have taken to making him Juice Smoothies with added kale! His favorite. We had a quiet dinner together of grilled chicken and veggies last night while DS was working. Small Meals for him are the way to go...thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon1957 View Post
Big milestone crossed! Just hit the two-"aughts" ... 209.75

Boy it seems like it's been a struggle getting the scale to move of late. Gone are the days of 1/2 a pound per day. My losses now are more in the 1/8 to 1/4 pound per day range. (I def. got spoiled there).

So even though my weight loss has slowed to what seems like a crawl to me, it's still pointing downwards. And actually I am STILL pretty close to my exponential-decline regression line (still amazingly predictive for me on future losses).

In any case, I am just 9.75 pounds away from a healthy Body Mass Index (BMI) now.

You know, it's funny, I'm so tall that I forget what my weight adjusted for height might be if I was the height of some of our esteemed members. You make the standard adjustment by subtracting 5 pounds of weight for every inch of height difference.

So I am 6' 3" tall. I was wondering what my relative weight would be if I was 5' 5" tall (the average height of an American woman).

The difference in height between 6'3" and 5'5" is ten inches. With an adjustment of 5 pounds per inch -- the total adjustment is 50 pounds.

So if I was 5'5" tall my relative (proportional) weight would be 159.75 pounds. Just so you have a better idea of what my body looks like in proportion to a woman of average height -- and where I am in the scheme of things in my weight loss journey. So I look like a 5'5" woman that weighs 160 -- still a bit overweight, but not that bad really.

SG, glad your DH made it through the first round. I am pulling for you both.

CenTx, so exciting you are in maintenance now! Keep us apprised of your successes and problems. We all learn from each other.

Conrats! I know how I felt when I his the 2 0's I am at a huge slow down...really a stop since end of May. I think the stress and timing of my eating is killing me.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Thanks for your inquiry on My Finess Pal, CenTxChk - I get a text sharing any MFP posts or any messages waiting, so It caught my attention at just the right time. I have a bit of cyber exploration time right now, for the first time in days.
I am reposting my response there to bring all up to date with me. I still need to read and catch up with what's happening with you guys though,

I am doing ok - just very tied up running back and forth to the medical facility - JD has no broken bones showing up on the X-rays or scans so far, but he does have some painfully severe soft tissue injuries. He is 83 years old and has had some rough medical challenges over the past 15 years. This fall from the lawn tractor took the starch out of him. And his right hand has been just about useless until today when swelling seemed to subside. It is still painful and needs to heal but has improved notably

I moved him from the trauma team care in the hospital to inpatient rehab at another nearby hospital yesterday - an all day episode - we have been thru this before so I know what to expect. But it is a real departure from our regular lives. Fortunately, he seems to be getting stronger each day - they will run him at full capacity at the rehab center with 3 hrs of PT, OT and some speech therapy daily except for tomorrow - all staff is off on Sunday's. Since he is doing reasonably well, I expect they will send him home by the end of the week. With any luck he will be stronger than he has been lately - before the fall. They won't let him sleep 12 hours a day which is the habit he had gotten into, and he will be on a bit more normal clock - getting up earlier than his recent habits.

Meanwhile I have been chasing down doctors, trying to provide some addtl food for him, beyond the dull stuff the hospital offers, checking in at work, and even making it to Mon and Thurs pre-paid dance classes. No time to sit down at the computer at night, and no consistent internet access at hospital during the day. I am not being perfect with my IP eating but I am largely on program. This week I think I will have a less demanding schedule of running back and forth, so I can have more evening meals at home. This will help.

I will be back to 3FC regularly before too long - I am not giving up!
Thanks to lol for all the good thoughts!
Thanks for checking in! I am glad he is doing better and nothing is broken. You are strong and will get thru this....

Taking DH for his boost shot today to boost the white blood cells that they killed on Friday...Crazy process, but I am trusting that it will work. He has not really had many side effects, yes smaller appitite and smaller portions when he does eat. He did have a bout of the hiccups yesterday afternoon...they say that is a common reaction. We will see how he is today when he gets up..

Off to work for me after that and DS is working all day too.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:02 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 319/180/176

Height: 5'8"

Alexandra - WTG on hitting another milestone!!!!

Cheryl - so glad you posted an update, hope things are progressing and we hear more from you soon! In my prayers

Sue - sounds like and up-and-downhill battle, hope your hubby responds well to his treatments.

CenTxChk - MAINTENANCE!! You did it, I know it's been an adjustment and I'm so glad you've been sharing it since I'm right behind you! How'd the weekend go?

Joy - thanks for peeking in and sharing with us, we're all in transitional places and hearing from those of you ahead of us having success is super-helpful!

The church where I work is having Vacation Bible School this week - hectic but it's fun hearing the sounds of happy kids running around. I'm definitely getting in my steps!

Had a struggle working all my food in yesterday - we went to the baseball game but had to be there early. So I ate dinner at like 4:45, took a bar to eat during the game, then had a little snack late when we got home. Scale has me up a couple of pounds this morning, I'm still not sure why I keep baubling up over the weekends. TOM is pending, so that may affect WI on Wednesday. Ugh!

Phase 3 is on the horizon, watched the video explanation of P3 breakfast yesterday, and the info was somewhat confusing. I'm going to have to hunt down the P3 breakfast ideas someone posted recently. But I did get the word "fruit" loud and clear - I can't wait!!

Last edited by JJTx; 07-13-2015 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:03 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Good Monday Morning!

One – So good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your DH. I hope he is feeling better every day!

Sue – Glad DH is feeling okay after his first treatment. Watch his weight. I remember they weren’t going to give my mom one of her chemo treatments if she dropped too low.

Avalon – Love that you are still trucking along and hitting milestones!! I know the pace slows down as we get closer to goal but you are in the zone and will get there!!

Joy – I second the Thank you! for peeking in and sharing with us! We are all soaking up any words of wisdom this point in our journeys as many of us are reaching a year+ OP.

JJTX – Get those steps in girl!! Have a great time at VBS this week. I am curious about the P3 video you watched. Is there a link for it?

Hope it is quiet around here because everyone is off enjoying their summer OP! Personally, we’ve been busy busy with sports and social gatherings. Just hoping my son will get his license soon! He finally finished all of his drive times but in our area of TX you have to make an appnt to take your driving test and the soonest time is not until this Friday. It is killing my DH and I to stay up until midnight to pick him up from work. We are alternating days but Friday cannot get her soon enough!  This girl needs her beauty rest!

Still finding my way in maintenance. I am up…are you ready for this…. 7.7lbs over goal and I am not freaking out. Okay, I was but I am better now that my coach talked me off the ledge this morning. My BF% and fat pounds are where they need to be. I am clearly retaining lots of fluid from taking 2 indulgence dinners this weekend and TOM which is now looming. My clothes are fitting okay, my fat pounds are not up and my BF was 26.2%. Those are things to celebrate but warrant a P1 day and are a reminder not to get too crazy.

My coach also reassured me that my obsession with watching my weight and fretting over every pound is normal at this stage. She said I don’t know enough about maintenance yet to trust the process. I told her that every time I eat “off” plan I am dealing with guilt, regret and worry. So I am going to do the unheard of and try and stay OFF the scale this week and have a little faith. P1 today and back to maintenance tomorrow. Check back next week!

I did talk to my coach about sticking with maintenance until after my vacation and then getting and staying on P1 until I get to 140-145 range. I told her I have an issue with the 150’s and she said she also has a number on the scale that also gets her wound up so she gives herself a good buffer to stay away from hers too.

Continuing with my trainer at the gym. I went Friday night and worked on my lower body only and totally ate it on one of the exercises when I was supposed to step up on a ledge with one leg carrying a 10lb ball. My muscles were so fatigued that I didn’t make it on the step up and my other leg gave out when I came down. I went flying and found myself lying flat out on the gym floor. Can you say embarrassing?!? No injuries (other than my bruised ego). Tonight is upper body. Getting used to always having a sore body part at this point.

Reading a new book called “Better than Before” about changing your habits. You start with identifying what type of habit personality you are. I basically need external accountability (people pleaser) and tend to stick with habits when am held accountable to others. This actually makes sense that I would respond to IP that provides a weekly coach, couldn’t get to the gym until I hired a trainer and go for walks in my neighborhood when my friends are waiting on me. I am still early on in the book but learning this about myself helps me understand how to create and stick with my new thinner habits how I need to manage them (and also work on being accountable to myself). Will keep you posted as I get further along!
Old 07-13-2015, 02:22 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post

JJTX – Get those steps in girl!! Have a great time at VBS this week. I am curious about the P3 video you watched. Is there a link for it?
I did! 9 flights upstairs this morning

I don't know if the link will work since you have to log in and watch, it's Getting Ready for Phase 3 breakfasts, in the P2 rotation and it came yesterday -

http://my.idealprotein.com/itv/4-pha...se-3-breakfast
Old 07-13-2015, 04:13 PM   #81  

Thanks JJTX - You are correct, I need a login. Never got one from my coach but I appreciate you giving it to me.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:31 AM   #82  

Morning All...

Still chugging along. Work is busy and DH was feeling well enough to go to work. Worst side effect is the Big C! He needs to figure that one out...trial and error....

WI at 10. My Aria was down to a new all time low today....lets see if it holds out..
Old 07-14-2015, 09:04 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

SG - not sure what DH's restrictions are right now, but would he be able to use a supplement like Natural Calm? Or even some liquid magnesium citrate? Positive thoughts for you all!
Old 07-14-2015, 02:14 PM   #84  

Beth - He did try my Aleolax and some smooth move... some movement but not his norm...so today he is trying prune juice and fig newtons LOL....

WI today has me down 1...finally! Hopefully now that the stress of DH is somewhat over and we have a plan in place, I should not be as stressed and maybe my body will let it go!
Old 07-14-2015, 03:02 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
WI today has me down 1...finally! Hopefully now that the stress of DH is somewhat over and we have a plan in place, I should not be as stressed and maybe my body will let it go!
Woohoo!!!!! Sue you are back in business!
Old 07-14-2015, 09:58 PM   #86  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizBeadz View Post
I just know the temptations of San Antonio in July and the beach in August are going to be too much. I've made it through Christmas, Valentine's, The Texas Music Educators conference in San Antonio in Feb., Easter, weddings, a reunion, birthday parties, Teacher Appreciation week and not cheated. Just not thinking I want to forego all of summer. I know a lot of people would disagree with me and gripe at me and say I'm wrong and need to stick with it, but I've just finished 7 months without cheating, and I'm tired. I could probably keep going indefinitely, but do I really want to..... I'm missing out on a lot, too. I don't want to make the wrong decision. Thanks for listening to me!
Hi MisBeadz, I remember seeing this when I scanned the early posts in this thread. Are you still around? Have you taken some time off or are you ploughing through? I've gone to TMEA for many, many years. (since the late 80s, really), although I skipped this year. The first TMEA I was on IP, I had already been OP for 8 months, without a cheat. I had so many former students and colleagues absolutely blown away! And I felt really good about resisting the nibbles throughout the exhibit hall floor. I applaud you for staying OP during that.

The following year I was not quite as strict, as I had already been on maintenance about 10 months.

Just wanted to touch base with you. Hang in there. If you can make it through the summer, you'll be done by the fall! Those foods will still be there and you will learn to eat them in moderation. You are doing great!

Sgrealtor and CentTX, thanks for your kind words. Yup, I'm just one of the gang, keeping on keeping on. Have to admit it's an ongoing process, although I'm happy about it all.

Sgrealtor, yes, prune juice. We stopped that one the fresh veggie juice kicked in. Now all is well.

We are so lucky to have this diet and these tools. I'm happy watching my scale go back down to where it wants to be.

Enjoy the week everyone!
Old 07-14-2015, 10:43 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Amanda - how are you? Really hope everything is ok...
Old 07-15-2015, 11:22 AM   #88  

We've got lots of folks who are MIA, hope all is well!!

Well I jumped the gun today. Expecting to go to P3 this morning, I packed breakfast last night. However, thank you TOM, I'm up 3 pounds - so my coach is having me wait to start P3 until Monday. Even though we know why my weight is up, she doesn't want me to get out of the weight loss phase at this #, and gain from here.

So I feel crappy and no breakfast. And now I'm feeling stressed, because I leave Sunday for a week-long training, so I'll start P3 out of town and at the mercy of hotel fare. I'll be packing extra packets and things in case I need to supplement.

I need a "do-over" on today.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:04 PM   #89  

JJTX- So sorry your P3 didn't start today! A lot of this is a mental game. I can just imagine your disappointment. You are going to get there!

I am going to make a suggestion that you may not be a fan of, but I would say to continue P2 until after your trip if you can. Breakfast can be overwhelming at it is without being at the mercy of a hotel's breakfast options. Having that extra buffer can also be nice when you start getting your glycogen stores back too.

I was up 7lbs after a couple indulgence dinners this weekend. Had a hardcore P1 was which was tough but back down to 151 this morning. I had promised my coach I'd stay off the scale this week but I couldn't wait!! I think I would have been down more but I was way over on my calories yesterday. Today has been a spot on maintenance days (maybe my first!). I finally did it!!

I've really be focusing on adding excersize as often as possible. It has been an adjustment for my family since I work full time and have been working out after work. My DH complained that he hasn't seen me in days but isn't really interested in going to the gym with me. He and my DD went tonight but they were both ready to go before I was. I guess we have to figure out our groove still. I can't really blame him...he was happy with his sedentary wife for all these years. It is certainly a change for our family dynamic.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:17 PM   #90  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Gosh, so much happens when I am absent. I am a terrible friend.

Sue, sorry to hear that hubby has side effects from the chemo. Magnesium powder itself is pretty gentle, not unpalatable and very effective. Just a teaspoon a day was helping me overcome nighttime cramping AND constipation. It's also pretty cheap in comparison to some of the traditional remedies. Walgreens/Walmart and other pharmaceutical outlets also have magnesium citrate. It is extremely tart-tasting, but also works well.

Congrats on the scale moving again for you, that's great news!

Cheryl - I hope hubby's doing better after his fall. How scary to be injured and have to lie there waiting for help. Worrying for you, as much as for him.

JJ - keep your chin up. It's just a week before P3 and we all know you can do it. Hoorah on getting back on target.

Beth - thanks for the thoughts, I'm sort of here and sort of not. Finally went to the ER and discovered that I have a couple of hairline fractures on the ribs. Added to the crappy hot flashes, 10 day long period and complete lack of exercise because moving hurts and yes, I'm up another few pounds.

I think the inability to exercise and lack of sleep are holding me back from committing to IP once more, but I know what needs to be done and I am ridding the cupboard of all the no-no's again.

CenTX - hope the maintenance isn't still so stressful with that initial gain while your body readjusts.

I read, but don't always reply as I feel like a fraud being here when I am so obviously not even focused on getting back to compliance. It will come, just not yet.

Hoping everyone is enjoying their week.
Closed Thread