Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 09:52 PM   #61  

Lisa - nice to see you around again. Any news on the interview?
Old 06-19-2015, 06:31 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Height: 5'6

Amber - I agree airlines were the worst for me. Always felt like I was 1/2 in someone elses seat and could never sit with the arm rests down...Always an issue. I have not flown in a while. Last time was January still in the 200's but it was so much better...

As for rides it seems like even at my heaviest I fit in everything in Disney World, but we did a trip to Bush Gardens and boy oh boy did I have issues...I finally just told the group I was with that I didn't feel great so I did not have to be humiliated... I will not miss those days...

I think I need to start some form of exercise again. I really am not happy with the flabby arms I have developed. Once I get the stitches out on Tuesday from my arm (surgery to remove a growth) I think I may join the gym again. I just need to see if that it the last bit of push I need for getting to goal.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:41 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Airlines are terrible!! And the fact that the seats keep getting smaller is not helping anyone either.
Great NSV today- I have a pile of pants in my closet and they fit! Suddenly my pants wardrobe just doubled in size It's nice having some variety in my jeans. I was being so stubborn and refused to buy any new pants (...in the correct larger size...) so I only had about two that I could rotate between. But now my options seem endless!! Great motivation for the weekend. I'm also only 5 lbs from one-derland....
Old 06-19-2015, 02:21 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmuir View Post
I LOVE reading all these NSV's today!!!!! Keep it up everyone! I'm headed shopping to find some cheap summer clothes to last me until i've reached my goal! Quick tip....If you need some capri's, hit the pant clearance sales! I wanted this cute pair of capri's and they were $59.99 and then I saw this cute rack of jeans and got a pair for $7.00 and cut them off and rolled them and they are just as cute as the other jeans.
That's a great tip asmuir, thanks for sharing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgrealtor1 View Post
Amber - I agree airlines were the worst for me. Always felt like I was 1/2 in someone elses seat and could never sit with the arm rests down...Always an issue. I have not flown in a while. Last time was January still in the 200's but it was so much better...

As for rides it seems like even at my heaviest I fit in everything in Disney World, but we did a trip to Bush Gardens and boy oh boy did I have issues...I finally just told the group I was with that I didn't feel great so I did not have to be humiliated... I will not miss those days...

I think I need to start some form of exercise again. I really am not happy with the flabby arms I have developed. Once I get the stitches out on Tuesday from my arm (surgery to remove a growth) I think I may join the gym again. I just need to see if that it the last bit of push I need for getting to goal.
Sue, that's great that you are thinking about exercise now, it's a great tool for maintenance, just prepare yourself for possible slower losses once you start exercising. I'm sure that's partly why mine slowed, as while I pretty much got to goal I still had/have more that I can lose and still be within my height/age range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlnelson View Post
Airlines are terrible!! And the fact that the seats keep getting smaller is not helping anyone either.
Great NSV today- I have a pile of pants in my closet and they fit! Suddenly my pants wardrobe just doubled in size It's nice having some variety in my jeans. I was being so stubborn and refused to buy any new pants (...in the correct larger size...) so I only had about two that I could rotate between. But now my options seem endless!! Great motivation for the weekend. I'm also only 5 lbs from one-derland....
Great NSV jinelson!

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend
Old 06-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #65  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

S/C/G: 237.5/207.5/140

Height: 5'1"

**Where should I post this question so that someone will reply???**

I have seen so many different nutritional facts on raw spinach and broccoli.

According to the website below, 1 cup of raw spinach = 30 grams (2 cups = 60 grams) and 1 cup of raw broccoli = 91 grams (2 cups = 182 grams).

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2626/2

Do you think it's okay to use these measurements? I have a scale that measures in grams, so I'm trying to make it easier for me when measuring these 2 veggies.

Any advice would be helpful... thanks!
Old 06-19-2015, 04:02 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 224/211/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkrazy13 View Post
**Where should I post this question so that someone will reply???**

I have seen so many different nutritional facts on raw spinach and broccoli.

According to the website below, 1 cup of raw spinach = 30 grams (2 cups = 60 grams) and 1 cup of raw broccoli = 91 grams (2 cups = 182 grams).

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/2626/2

Do you think it's okay to use these measurements? I have a scale that measures in grams, so I'm trying to make it easier for me when measuring these 2 veggies.

Any advice would be helpful... thanks!
Here is a sheet that someone gave me with all of the veggies and their grams and ounces. In the group, it seemed to be universally agreed upon. I hope this helps!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Veggies - Cup-Gram-Oz.pdf (35.9 KB, 48 views)
Old 06-19-2015, 07:27 PM   #67  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

Quote:
Here is a sheet that someone gave me with all of the veggies and their grams and ounces. In the group, it seemed to be universally agreed upon. I hope this helps!
Thank you!
Old 06-19-2015, 08:01 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 180/

Height: 5'2

Guuuyyss. Today was my first day. It's been rough mostly around ppl eating pretzels and eating pieces of cakes. The hardest time was 2-3h after lunch. I was hungry and only had lettuce to snack on since I used my bar the morning. Tomorrow is baby shower so I expect a lot of cake but I'm going to eat right before I go there to be full. Way the force be with me
Old 06-19-2015, 09:22 PM   #69  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeliaB View Post
Guuuyyss. Today was my first day. It's been rough mostly around ppl eating pretzels and eating pieces of cakes. The hardest time was 2-3h after lunch. I was hungry and only had lettuce to snack on since I used my bar the morning. Tomorrow is baby shower so I expect a lot of cake but I'm going to eat right before I go there to be full. Way the force be with me
Hang in, Celia - there will be many showers and cakes and celebrations of food over the rest of your life - you can afford to be especially picky about how you spend your calories and carbs, but wait until after you reach your goal.
All those folks at the shower may try to entice you, or convince you that you can have some of those 'off program' foods, but inside their heads, they will be admiring your ability to show restraint and to choose to do what is good for you.

Hang in - you deserve to treat yourself well.

I don't know who said this, but I ran into this quote recently - it's appropriate for this situation --

"Do not reward yourself with food. You are not a dog."
Old 06-20-2015, 10:24 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 180/

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Hang in, Celia - there will be many showers and cakes and celebrations of food over the rest of your life - you can afford to be especially picky about how you spend your calories and carbs, but wait until after you reach your goal.
All those folks at the shower may try to entice you, or convince you that you can have some of those 'off program' foods, but inside their heads, they will be admiring your ability to show restraint and to choose to do what is good for you.

Hang in - you deserve to treat yourself well.

I don't know who said this, but I ran into this quote recently - it's appropriate for this situation --

"Do not reward yourself with food. You are not a dog."
Always here to help me Oneuh2
Thank you again
I decided actually not to go. I wouldn't have had much time to stay there and I rather not take any risk. I am not really close to the mommy and a lot of ppl are going.

I do have one question. I saw online a way to make garlic spread by roasting in the oven for 45 min a bulk of garlic cloves with a little bit of olive oil on top. It looks delicious but is that allowed ? Since onion turns into carbs while cooked, would garlic do the same ?
Old 06-20-2015, 10:46 AM   #71  
Started IP Jan 5/15

S/C/G: 210/206/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I have been following a sheet like this throughout and find it very helpful and I feel more accurate than trying to fit a bunch of asparagus spears in a measuring cup
Old 06-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #72  
Started IP on 3/1/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobed View Post
I have been following a sheet like this throughout and find it very helpful and I feel more accurate than trying to fit a bunch of asparagus spears in a measuring cup
Yes, that sheet is very helpful, and I'm glad jlnelson provided it for me I just wish the IP sheets had listed veggies in grams or ounces instead of cups
Old 06-20-2015, 04:52 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Default Quest Chips Deal

Groupon has a deal on Quest chips - box of 8 packages for $19.99. I'm not sure how great that is since I haven't bought them (others like them) but this deal is only available in the US .
Time limited offer though, so jump on it. I've bought lots of Groupon coupons for hotel stays, activities, massage, facials, meals etc and there is NEVER any problem.
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-8-b...9c5_0_20150620

Liana
Old 06-20-2015, 06:04 PM   #74  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Groupon has a deal on Quest chips - box of 8 packages for $19.99. I'm not sure how great that is since I haven't bought them (others like them) but this deal is only available in the US .
Time limited offer though, so jump on it. I've bought lots of Groupon coupons for hotel stays, activities, massage, facials, meals etc and there is NEVER any problem.
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-8-b...9c5_0_20150620

Liana
If you have a membership at GNC you can buy a carton of 8 bags of Quest chips for $16 and some change - I just bought some on Monday.
Old 06-20-2015, 08:30 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
If you have a membership at GNC you can buy a carton of 8 bags of Quest chips for $16 and some change - I just bought some on Monday.
Hmmm... maybe the price they gave me is the CAD price and not the USD price, but in the fine print they can't ship to Canada (as well as some US PO boxes, Hawaii, etc). I should just bite the bullet and buy a membership at GNC because whenever I go there, I pick up Quest Bars, but it's in a neighbouring city and I'm not there that often.
Closed Thread