Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 05:50 PM   #16  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

THE WEEKEND is ALMOST Here for me....Super behind since its Mountain Time!!! Have an Ideal weekend everyone!!!
Old 05-01-2015, 08:18 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 281.4/260.8/140

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Hi everyone,
I wanted to reach out to all you experienced IP folks out there. I am having an issue that is going to sound crazy...but here goes...the best way I can describe it is that I'm smelling exhaust fumes that aren't there. I don't smell them constantly but frequently throughout the day. I can be home, at work, in my car. It's been going on for about a week. I googled it and was happy to discover lots of other people (not IP, just in general) have experienced this as well....Whew! I'm not crazy! Well....=)...

Anyway, couldn't really find any info out there from a medical person (I can keep looking) but lots of info from various people and there have been some recurring possible causes: epilepsy, tumor, sinus infection, being on antibiotics, and reflux disease. So yah, pretty wide ranging and obviously some more concerning than others. And FYI, I am not on antibiotics, have no reflux symptoms, no sinus symptoms and no KNOWN history of epilepsy.

But here is why I'm running this by you all. Two other recurring possibilities that came up a lot: vitamin B deficiency and hormonal changes. The only real change in my life (well, you know what I mean) has been starting IP six weeks ago. Things have been going great. I've been taking all my vitamins, veggies etc. So, I'm skeptical about having a deficiency but who knows. And, I am due for my TOM next week so perhaps that coupled with the hormonal changes they say can happen with IP (I was status quo with my TOM last month)is contributing??
My plan is to see if anything changes after my TOM. If not, then I think I'll call my PCP to start investigating. But, thought I would throw it out to you guys as well to see if anyone else has had "weird" things happen on IP that isn't in the realm of the typical issues.
Sorry for the loooonnnnggg post! Any thoughts are appreciated!

BTW: happy weekend everyone! -Marie
Old 05-01-2015, 10:40 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Marie - I have a super-sensitive sniffer and sometimes will wake from a dream and *smell* the dream, if that makes sense. I've even woken (from bad dreams) thinking I am smelling smoke or gasoline. Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to consult with your PCP and have a comprehensive panel run just to rule out deficiencies. Fwiw - I have had an issue with low D - but attribute the phantom night smells to an overactive imagination.

Quote:
I'm still waiting to celebrate double digit temps
- DD, I hope this is in Celsius not Fahrenheit

Quote:
just found out that work is sending me into Baltimore tomorrow and next week.
I think you should be ok Shark - hopefully with the indictments today things will really calm down now. Feel for the residents and business owners. Hope you are able to support the local economy We love Baltimore and hope to get up again soon.

Quote:
Ugh. Another small gain today. This week has been horrific. Actually the last two have been pretty bad but at least last week I still managed to pull out a 2lb loss. (I've also not lost any inches in a couple weeks) So a week of gains heading into a weekend that consists of relay for life with all my favorite carnival foods and a trip out of town. It's in moments like these I realize how strong I am. I've not cheated in 6 weeks (haven't even had a restricted yet). Thankfully I do have the NSV to make me feel better. And today is May! A new month
Sorry to hear no losses this week chaos - any chance it's TOM? What was your NSV?

Quote:
Someone told me I need to stop wearing the jeans I had on yesterday ..they're way too baggy!!
Yay Destony!!!! Awesome NSV! "Pants on the Ground"

IT'S MAY 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Friday!

I survived the month of h3ll (work-wise) - it was a close thing though.

Went to the doctor today though. For the last 2 weeks I've been having an achy-ish feeling in the lower right quadrant of my back. I *thought* it was where the kidney is...kept putting off going to my PCP - maybe it was gas or constipation - but where it was coming and going, the ache become more regular.
Anyway, long story short(er), I told her where the ache is and my PCP smiled and said 'sweetie, your kidneys are "here"' and placed her hands on my back approx where they are - a good ways up from where the ache has been

Oh did I feel like a dingleberry lol!

Good news is, urinalysis is 100% clear (no protein, etc...), and comprehensive blood work comes back Monday. The initial "diagnosis" is an inflamed muscle and I am to take regular doses of ibuprofen 3 times a day

She also told me about her MIL, who at the age of 70 lost 85 pound on IP! She congratulated me on my loss and encouraged me to keep at it!
Old 05-01-2015, 11:10 PM   #19  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Late night lurker signing off. Got my long run tomorrow at 6am, barely got my food written down, will have to myfitnesspal it tomorrow. Enjoy the weekend!
Old 05-02-2015, 12:25 AM   #20  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
I think that I may be coming to the realization that I may not get back to 132 lbs again without a whole lot of focus... BUT because I have been exercising a bit more, at 135 the sz 2 & 3 jeans are fitting again, just a little tighter in the thighs, then again, I build muscle faster than I lose fat, lol. So although I was up a lb and a bit from my last weekend weighin, I still fit the jeans. I may have to give up on the high waisted non-stretch Wranglers, sigh. They do go on, but seriously I should not be seen in them!

Liana
Girl, you must've had those high waisted jeans a long time. Blowed if I can find any where the waist is above knee high these days! Silly things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanygirl View Post
Hi everyone,
I wanted to reach out to all you experienced IP folks out there. I am having an issue that is going to sound crazy...but here goes...the best way I can describe it is that I'm smelling exhaust fumes that aren't there. I don't smell them constantly but frequently throughout the day. I can be home, at work, in my car. It's been going on for about a week. I googled it and was happy to discover lots of other people (not IP, just in general) have experienced this as well....Whew! I'm not crazy! Well....=)...

Anyway, couldn't really find any info out there from a medical person (I can keep looking) but lots of info from various people and there have been some recurring possible causes: epilepsy, tumor, sinus infection, being on antibiotics, and reflux disease. So yah, pretty wide ranging and obviously some more concerning than others. And FYI, I am not on antibiotics, have no reflux symptoms, no sinus symptoms and no KNOWN history of epilepsy.

But here is why I'm running this by you all. Two other recurring possibilities that came up a lot: vitamin B deficiency and hormonal changes. The only real change in my life (well, you know what I mean) has been starting IP six weeks ago. Things have been going great. I've been taking all my vitamins, veggies etc. So, I'm skeptical about having a deficiency but who knows. And, I am due for my TOM next week so perhaps that coupled with the hormonal changes they say can happen with IP (I was status quo with my TOM last month)is contributing??
My plan is to see if anything changes after my TOM. If not, then I think I'll call my PCP to start investigating. But, thought I would throw it out to you guys as well to see if anyone else has had "weird" things happen on IP that isn't in the realm of the typical issues.

Hey Marie! welcome.

It's not as silly as it sounds. When your body burns the fat from a white fat cell, it also releases stored estrogen, so you may see weird things like spotting, more frequent periods, cramping and feeling all over the place emotionally. This will settle down, but it can be frustrating to deal with.

You're hearing hoof beats and thinking zebras (one of my favourite Grey's Anatomy quotes!) and not horses. Don't go worrying about the big stuff until you rule out the small stuff. In the first five weeks of IP I could've sworn I had a heavy smoker sitting beside me - the smell of nicotine and stale smoke (and neither hubby or I have ever smoked beyond the school bus puff!). It's something that I'll add to my "google it" research on Monday, but I would suspect it lies in the body making the switch from being purely carb fueled to running on both carbs from food AND ketones from the fat burning. Have you noticed that your skin smells slightly different yet? Smelly pee? So many changes happen in the body when you become "dual fueled" that you may want to hold off for a couple of weeks and see if it settles down.

---

Have my long weekend of kitty transports - 8 hours tomorrow and 9 hours on Sunday so won't be around much. I have planned though! I have my rotisserie chicken all packed up and ready to go, I have my asparagus and cauliflower ready to be cooked and "riced" respectively, and added into the chicken pot. Have a bar to take and 6 water bottles so I should be good. Now to decide whether to gym or walk in the morning so I don't feel resentful of sitting behind a wheel for so many hours. The exercise decisions are always tougher than the food ones these days!

Wishing everyone a strong-willed, focused May. Remember - good decisions one at a time lead to great health and less weight.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:29 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Well its 4am and i can't sleep....why? Because I ate so much junk food (and I do mean lots) that I am having cold sweats and can't sleep. After working so hard at being in ketosis...I am furious at myself but for the first time in my life I am owning up to it by posting it here. i ahve been on a weight loss journey for over ten years (not IP) but always sabotaged myself when I did great and let a one day slip become a week...month...slip. So yesterday I stole a few chips from my daughter...well....what happens...my mind says go ahead...you just ruined it anyway so might as well go all the way. And so I ate...and ate...and ate...i don't know why I do this all the time. I have been feeling so great after a week of IP...I mean GREAT...like I had a bounce in my step...lost 10 pounds...
I just got in the scale...up 5 pounds...but thr worst is that now I have to start all over. i know I will have to fight like crazy during the next days not to eat junk..I have been on the wheel SOOOOO...many times before...
I am posting this hoping that since I put it in writting that it will help me. I am so mad at myslef (once again) and am sittiing here in the dark and it is eating (no punn intended) at me. I just don' t know why I do this all the time.
When I started IP I was not a happy camper for a few days...severe migraine...I would not of wanted to be around me...now I will have to go through this again...hopefully...not letting this one days turn onto a week..month...binge
I am sorry for being such a downer...what a great impression I make...I wish I wish I knew how to stop the cycle..the second I have one bit of a chip...candy...I can't control it and spin out of control...as I eat I am telling myself to stop...but I don't listen.
Thanks for your ears (or you I say eyes) ladies.
Old 05-02-2015, 06:47 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 281/215/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Sue: I have lunch in the car more days than not.

Quest bar or Chips and pickles
Spinach smoothie
Chicken soup with veggies already heated in a thermos
RTD and pickes or slaw (slaw if I can actually eat while not driving!)

Those are my most common.
Thanks for the tips... I do this so often have my soft sidded cooler all packed again today. Yesterday I knew i would have time to sit and eat so large salad in the car worked with my BBQ Crisps. Today however will be eat while driving day so I have whole little peppers prepped, cucumber slices and some cherry tomato's. Also have BBQ Soy nuts at the ready for my 9 am snack since I wont be home to have my normal pancake and then a RTD Vanilla to sip with my lunch! Got this nailed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplchaos View Post
Ugh. Another small gain today. This week has been horrific. Actually the last two have been pretty bad but at least last week I still managed to pull out a 2lb loss. (I've also not lost any inches in a couple weeks) So a week of gains heading into a weekend that consists of relay for life with all my favorite carnival foods and a trip out of town. It's in moments like these I realize how strong I am. I've not cheated in 6 weeks (haven't even had a restricted yet). Thankfully I do have the NSV to make me feel better. And today is May! A new month. .
Yes the many ups and downs of IP. I too have not cheated on purpose (resturant foods??) but was steady losses from my start till January and then up one week down one week stay the same one week...cant figure the pattern, but my body is resisting getting me into Onederland....Just stay the course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
Sue: My life is similar to what you and Lisa describe. I am on the road a lot for work and almost every day or every other day need to eat either lunch or dinner in the car to make everything work with the time.
I put my stuff in plastic baggies (I don't like using the plastic but it's lightweight and works, and I rinse and reuse a few times - but it's also nice if I just need to toss the bags at the next destination if I don't want to deal with rinsing out containers etc. They also take up less room in the fridge when I make them ahead of time)
I make up these at the beginning of the week: 5 bags of two cups leafy veg, 5 bags cut raw veg I can eat easily in the car with my hands - usually some combo of pickle, cucumber, celery, red/yellow/orange bell pepper.
For the protein for IP packet I used chips, or for meat grilled chicken.
Sometimes a drink for the IP.

Sometimes if I know I can sit in the car and eat it before an appt., I will make more a salad, or like Lisa said, try to heat up some soup ahead of time.

Now that I am on Maintenance I still keep a bar with me, often an RTD, and also I bag up small portions of nuts and try to keep some celery with me because it travels well and in a pinch I can always eat a bag of celery and some form of protein.

I don't really like grabbing food when I'm out - no matter where I go there is so much extra salt and sugar and things in it, and also if my time is tight enough that I'm eating in the car then I don't have time to stop anyway.

I had a well meaning "food behavior expert" (self described, not trained) offer me some unsolicited advice once that I shouldn't be eating in the car and should be sitting somewhere really contemplating what I was eating and not being distracted. What was funny is I was almost at goal then, and she clearly had food issues.... and all I could think was "what I am doing works for me, and I'm healthy". Clearly she triggered me a little but the trigger was good because I think I had a "should or should not" about it and could really just drop it and see that it really didn't matter where I ate - what mattered is what I ate, and staying on my own personal program. I would rather be a little imperfect and distracted at times and healthy then "perfectly overweight" and unhealthy. That's part of why I had to give up my focus on eating organic whole foods for a while and eat the processed IP stuff. Now on maintenance I'm back to my whole foods, but soooooooo much better off. It was worth it.
Oh how I miss nuts! That has probably been the hardest thing for me is I love all kinds of nuts....Almonds were my go to snack for such a long time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuscanygirl View Post
Hi everyone,

Sorry I have never experineced that. However I do smell my deceased Mother In Laws cigarette smoke once in a while.....but I think she is just haunting me LOL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser13 View Post
Well its 4am and i can't sleep....why? Because I ate so much junk food (and I do mean lots) that I am having cold sweats and can't sleep. After working so hard at being in ketosis...I am furious at myself but for the first time in my life I am owning up to it by posting it here. i ahve been on a weight loss journey for over ten years (not IP) but always sabotaged myself when I did great and let a one day slip become a week...month...slip. So yesterday I stole a few chips from my daughter...well....what happens...my mind says go ahead...you just ruined it anyway so might as well go all the way. And so I ate...and ate...and ate...i don't know why I do this all the time. I have been feeling so great after a week of IP...I mean GREAT...like I had a bounce in my step...lost 10 pounds...
I just got in the scale...up 5 pounds...but thr worst is that now I have to start all over. i know I will have to fight like crazy during the next days not to eat junk..I have been on the wheel SOOOOO...many times before...
I am posting this hoping that since I put it in writting that it will help me. I am so mad at myslef (once again) and am sittiing here in the dark and it is eating (no punn intended) at me. I just don' t know why I do this all the time.
When I started IP I was not a happy camper for a few days...severe migraine...I would not of wanted to be around me...now I will have to go through this again...hopefully...not letting this one days turn onto a week..month...binge
I am sorry for being such a downer...what a great impression I make...I wish I wish I knew how to stop the cycle..the second I have one bit of a chip...candy...I can't control it and spin out of control...as I eat I am telling myself to stop...but I don't listen.
Ugh OK pick yourself back up You can do this! Its just one day actully one moment in your journey. The thing is you realize what you did, now you can correct the course....
Old 05-02-2015, 11:29 AM   #23  
Started IP 4/23/15

S/C/G: 237/226.2/150

Height: 5'5"

I enjoyed reading all the discussion around the advance preparation required for eating during a busy day on the road. For me, this reinforces the idea that there is NO EXCUSE for going off plan. I'm only a little over a week in so eating off plan hasn't been an issue for me yet, but reading about how well you ladies handle IP around your difficult schedules away from home sure makes me feel inspired that I can succeed at this too. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Dane View Post
I can eat the same thing day after day for two weeks no problem!! So week 1 I'm thinking sirloin steak, chicken breast, fish, shrimp, sirloin, chicken, fish, most nights with spinach and/or cabbage angel hair. That gives me a low carb and then a high carb veggie. Week 2 I might just do 4 nights of crack slaw (2 lbs ground beef batch) and 3 nights of some other favorite.
"Crack slaw"? I was so curious by the name that I took it right to google. I am definitely going to try making some crack slaw soon! It sounds like it'd be great as a lettuce wrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grateful4Health View Post
That's part of why I had to give up my focus on eating organic whole foods for a while and eat the processed IP stuff. Now on maintenance I'm back to my whole foods, but soooooooo much better off. It was worth it.
I love that you said this. I'm feeling the exact same way about IP. I know it's best for me to eat real, whole foods, but for right now, 6 months or a year or two years of the "processed IP stuff" is going to enable me to reach a healthy weight. My nutritionist, who of course is an advocate of unprocessed whole foods, agrees. She's actually the one who suggested I use IP as a tool to drop most or all of my excess weight. She's not affiliated with IP and doesn't sell me products so I respect that she sent me elsewhere even though it doesn't agree with her philosophy. She said that research shows that more people find success when they follow a structured plan like this that takes away a lot of choice. Thanks for showing us that it's possible to use IP as a tool but eventually transition into a way of eating that includes lots of whole, unprocessed foods during maintenance.

Quote:
I wish I wish I knew how to stop the cycle..the second I have one bit of a chip...candy...I can't control it and spin out of control...as I eat I am telling myself to stop...but I don't listen.
Hang in there. You've got this!

Last edited by bongo; 05-02-2015 at 12:17 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:56 AM   #24  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Loser13, Most if not all of this have been there! As already said, it's a blip, you actually do not need to start all over. The 5 lbs is a lot of water weight. As for ketosis, you still have those fat burning enzymes present and activated. You will need to burn through the carbs you just added & withdraw from the pleasure of eating rich, highly palatable food. That's the kicker, and is what tends to both keep us from straying and also make it hard to get back on track.

One thing I've learned somewhere along the line with my many diets is that the most effective way to re-motivate is to be kind rather than scold yourself. Don't add any more distress. Just put a period & move forward. You've been doing fine...keep going!

Being on a severely restrictive diet like IP can trigger a flood response when even a tiny bite of off-program food is added--it's hard-wired into us, instinct to avoid perceived starvation, etc. That means you do not have a lack of will power or character flaw. By the same token, you are not starving and that survival instinct does not need to be heeded. Hope this helps!

Last edited by mars735; 05-02-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:33 PM   #25  

Loser13 - I just “ditto” everything mars735 wrote - just try to spend the day on a positive spin rather than burrowing further into negative - be kind and gentle with yourself, and see going back to IP as a kind and gentle way to treat yourself, rather than a punishment and something painful. Even the hard day when you re-start is actually a kind thing to do for your body.
I think with these slips all we can do is evaluate (in a kind way), see if there is something we might like to do differently next time, but not get into a “black and white” thinking - like “now I’m bad and I suck and I might as well just keep hurting my body and not take care of myself because I suck".
Like mars said, many if not most of us have had these days, I think most people in the world overeat or over drink from time to time. I still at least weekly find myself thinking in these ways, the negative spin, the “I am bad” outlook…. but I am getting better and better and stopping it, and trusting myself more that I will treat myself well.

The trick is how long the cycle lasts - you caught it in one night this time!!!!!! And then you took action and wrote something here, and asked for help.I would see that as an awesome success story.

Keep going, keep writing here if it helps.
Part of what works about these boards is the strength of the social support. Though I have never met anyone here in person, when I am having a hard day in these areas I know I can write about it later, and I feel the people here “with” me, and it somehow makes it doable.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-02-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:42 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
I love that you said this. I'm feeling the exact same way about IP. I know it's best for me to eat real, whole foods, but for right now, 6 months or a year or two years of the "processed IP stuff" is going to enable me to reach a healthy weight. My nutritionist, who of course is an advocate of unprocessed whole foods, agrees. She's actually the one who suggested I use IP as a tool to drop most or all of my excess weight. She's not affiliated with IP and doesn't sell me products so I respect that she sent me elsewhere even though it doesn't agree with her philosophy. She said that research shows that more people find success when they follow a structured plan like this that takes away a lot of choice. Thanks for showing us that it's possible to use IP as a tool but eventually transition into a way of eating that includes lots of whole, unprocessed foods during maintenance.
Bongo you are perfectly situated mentally to succeed, I hope you do really well and meet all of your goals. The area of weight and body was so hard for me to succeed at after working very hard and with a lot of discipline for years, but with only minimal success and a lot of frustration, and similar to you my doctor thought IP might work, and it did, and I am so grateful.

Keeping letting us know if there is any support you need or questions.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:43 PM   #27  

Loser13
I have nothing to add to mars735 and Grateful4Health.
Thanks for sharing how awful you felt. It is so true and it will most certainly help others.

Jump back on the IP horse, fight the cravings, move forward and be a WINNER by being a loser
Old 05-02-2015, 12:54 PM   #28  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Quote:
Forgive yourself and move on. As Mars says ... it's a blip, it's easily recovered from and you should view it as part of the learning curve. Even those of us 8 months in to the diet have days when it's as much as we can do NOT to give in to the desire for something off plan.

Hop back on. Remember the little tricks to make those first couple of weeks easier - get in all your water, your supplements, have extra salt to combat dizziness, have your restricted packet and focus on the BIG meals, not the small ones.

One of the tips from the IP veterans here that really helped me was to bag up snacks in advance. Put half a packet of the soy puffs or a bar in a baggie so that if you get the overwhelming need to have something that is in addition to your daily allowance, you are at least eating a food that is not as bad for you as a bar of chocolate or nuts or something similar. Basically, plan for a controlled cheat until you get further into the program and it gets easier.

It's great that you can own up to it, but being down on yourself won't make it better. It's more helpful to your mindset to be positive about doing better today.

If you have lots of weight to lose it isn't about getting it right every single time. It's about learning tips to stop you from regaining weight once you finish the weight loss element of IP. The only way you can be successful in that is by learning what derails you on the journey, and understanding how to work around those desires.

To give you an example from my own diet. Hubby loves to go out for Mexican food. I find tortilla chips and salsa hard to resist. However, when I realised that this was going to be a regular meal for me, I sat down and calculated how many calories/carbs/fats/protein were in a portion of 12 chips and I now limit myself to those 12 chips with the tips dipped into the salsa. Is it compliant? No. Does it cause me problems? No. Because I accept that I can have it in moderation it stops me from going crazy and finishing the entire basket of chips. Some people don't do very well on feeling restricted. It builds resentment and that makes them fall off the plan at some stage.

Don't beat yourself up, you're human and mistakes are going to happen. Hop back up onto the IP bench and plan plan plan how you can avoid that slippery slope next time.

Last edited by Briael; 05-02-2015 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:48 PM   #29  

Loser13, like Amanda just wrote, I also had planned off program things, and for me it was actually adding a packet or two. I ate a few pieces of the IP chocolate bar and one wafer on Saturday nights, on top of my other packet. For example if I had a date, I brought that with me and if he had a bit of chocolate or chips, then I had something eat with him. After a while he started eating my wafers - he liked them better than his snacks. He also liked my soy puffs, so it was nice for me to be eating something that someone else actually found special and preferable over other things.
I definitely had days that were over the top and I had 2 or 3 extra. But I considered this preferable to eating carbs that would set me off, or bother pancreas/insulin/ketosis/blood sugar/cravings.

I talked this all through with my coach, and she felt like it was completely fine as long as I didn’t stop losing weight, which I didn’t.
I was actually able to stay what I consider 100% on program for the entire year of P1, as I didn’t eat anything other than these extras.
I think all of us that have been able to stick it out have found our unique ways of working the program what work for our particular mind, body, and daily lifestyle and just our desires. Whatever allows you to stick with the program in however you can and keep losing the weight and then maintain, as Amanda wrote.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 05-02-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:01 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 196/174/150

Height: 5'4"

Totally off subject......It's another beautiful day in the DC area so I'm gardening up a storm. Planted knock out roses, clematis, rhododendren, and acuba. Also working on a bunch of container gardens with geranium, dracena, alyssum, variagated ivy, and a little purple flower who's name escapes me right now! I love this time of the year: blue skies, low humidity, dogwoods and azaleas blooming. We had a new flagstone patio installed last year by a local garden center and everything looks so lovely.

I'm hanging in there with IP. I have found that IP is a diet of contrasts for me. In some ways the diet is very easy: I have no hunger pangs nor cravings for non IP foods. But the flip side is that I am starting to get bored with the food. And I still have an aversion to the IP packets. Some days I don't want to eat the packets and find myself delaying meals. Those days are tough. Last night's dinner was consumed at 8:00 pm! But I made myself eat and drink everything! (And then I peed all night long!)

Next WI is on Monday. My scale is not showing much movement but I know from this forum to hang in there and take it one day at a time!

Welcome to all the May starters! And I hope everyone is having a great weekend! Don't drink too many mint juleps!

Last edited by SusieCJ; 05-02-2015 at 04:02 PM.
Closed Thread