Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 12:43 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 245/188/175

Height: 5'5

That documentary was amazing! It was an eye opener. I would recommend it to anyone. I confirmed with my friend who works for the Dept. of Agriculture about funding research for the major food companies and it was true! Its crazy that its allowed. Kind of insulting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
A little off topic- I just watched the documentary Fed Up on Netflix last night. It is about obesity and how/why govt supports the food industry in making us sicker.

It is definitely worth a watch, it supports the IP way of life (and touches on the nutrition science that proves it). A good reference for friends and colleagues who still believe that carbs and sugar are not the cause of this problem.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:24 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 208.5/193.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Have you tried the jelly baby hypo treatment? At the first sign of a low blood sugar on the meter pop 3 jelly babies. Wait 5 mins and retest. Repeat as necessary. This is one of the ways they teach British kids to handle hypos, as the JBs are portable, easily accessible, small enough to carry in a purse or schoolbag and nearly pure sugar and gelatin and therefore easily absorbed and utilised.

If you wanted to go closer to an IP compliant item you could buy the tiny jelly moulds and use the IP gelatins - make them up with little water and some real sugar and at least get a nice protein hit in there at the same time.
I haven't tried jelly babies but do use a glucotab which I carry with me at all times. It works on the same premise and is my first go to. Although JBs sound like they might taste better!
Old 04-22-2015, 11:03 PM   #48  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Ya'll please lift me up in your prayers. My father is in the hospital and it's not looking good........they are trying to get him strong enough to go home with hospice, he wants to spend his final days in the comfort of his home. This is really hard especially since I am 11 hours away. I can't think, can't sleep, can't function. But the good thing is I'm not eating...the bad news is I'm not eating. Maybe one meal a day and two RTD if I remember to drink them.
So sorry to hear about your Dad - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hang in, and try to take care of you.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:40 AM   #49  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

aww Kellyc14 you are in my prayers, Hang in there dear.

My first weeks weigh in and down 5 pounds.

Honestly have been feeling great other than my ear, it feels like I am getting an ear infection. Drinking all the water I dare to and using fluticasone. Here is to hoping it goes away.

I hope Thursday brings courage and strength to us all and that everyone's weekends find smiles in abundance.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:11 AM   #50  
Rather be riding!

S/C/G: 81.5/75.1/60 since 18Feb2015

Height: 157 cm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO_6 View Post
A little off topic- I just watched the documentary Fed Up on Netflix last night. It is about obesity and how/why govt supports the food industry in making us sicker.

It is definitely worth a watch, it supports the IP way of life (and touches on the nutrition science that proves it). A good reference for friends and colleagues who still believe that carbs and sugar are not the cause of this problem.
What a great doc, thanks for the recommendation!! More evidence that I must commit to LC/keto/paleo for the rest of my life, for my health and that of my future kids.

I'm currently doing a masters degree in public health and this data is getting more and more compelling (and infuriating) - will continue to follow these arguments with great interest!
Old 04-23-2015, 08:17 AM   #51  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
aww Kellyc14 you are in my prayers, Hang in there dear.

Honestly have been feeling great other than my ear, it feels like I am getting an ear infection. Drinking all the water I dare to and using fluticasone. Here is to hoping it goes away.

I hope Thursday brings courage and strength to us all and that everyone's weekends find smiles in abundance.

You are off to an excellent start, MtnRose! Hang in with the ear infection - I get those a couple times a year myself, and they do make me miserable. But you have completed the hardest part of IP - the first week - so do your best to stay on program and not fall out of ketosis. If you can do that you will be well positioned for lots of early success on the program!

I am poised for WI this evening... Be back later today to post results.... My fingers toes and legs are crossed...

Last edited by oneuh2; 04-23-2015 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-23-2015, 08:54 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Kellyc14, sorry to read of the difficult times you are going through right now. I hope the support of this group helps keep you strong and comforted.

Type1, sorry that you are having such a hard time losing, but it's inspiring to read of your determination to make it work. I wish you the best of luck with whatever path you end up needing to take to be successful!

Great job MntRose, I hope your ear clears up quickly.

Stay strong and OP IPeeps!
Old 04-23-2015, 08:55 AM   #53  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tips

I've seen some great words of wisdom from Beck Diet Solution this week:
  • April 22, 2015 - Wednesday Sabotage

Sabotaging Thought: It's okay to eat extra because I’ll make it for it later by eating less.

Response: “Making up for it later” just doesn’t work because there’s no guarantee that I’ll actually be able to get myself to eat less later on. It also doesn’t work because if I overeat, I make it more likely I’ll overeat the next time I'm tempted to, and the time after that. It’s important to continually reinforce the habit of eating consistently. It’s not about the calories, it’s about the habit.
  • April 21, 2015 - Tuesday Reality Check

Don’t fool yourself! Remember, your body doesn’t know or care if the food you’re eating is free, if it’s your birthday, if you’re tired, if everyone around you is eating it, if you’ve had a bad day, if no one is watching – your body processes all calories (and carbs!) the same regardless of the circumstances.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:00 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 245/188/175

Height: 5'5

Thanks for the words of wisdom Lisa!

Goodmorning everyone! I'm so excited to be so close to <200lbs...then I can finally switch to 3 IP's a day. I think one more week of 4 IP's and then I can switch. My wedding dress comes in a couple months so hopefully I will be at my goal and can begin to phase off. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-23-2015, 11:16 AM   #55  

Thank you Lisa that was a nice read.
Old 04-23-2015, 11:57 AM   #56  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post

Congrats MntRose! Glad it's going so well for you in the early days, that's a good sign for the coming weeks.

Hope you're on the road to recovery with the ear infection!
Old 04-23-2015, 11:57 AM   #57  
My fat is not contagious.

S/C/G: 259/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Default New to this forum

Hi everyone, I set up an account with 3 fat chicks over a year ago, however never really utilized this site for more than a brief read. I recently did some digging and reading and have found that this is a great tool and hopefully I will find the support that I so desperately need in my life right now to motivate me to keep working toward my goals. (and to meet some great folks!)

I started Ideal Protein March 24th after seeing my two co-workers have some pretty dramatic results. I have half-heartedly followed some diets over the past couple of years, but I did not give anything any real effort. For the past 10 years I would say I have been in denial about my weight gain post children and in a depression that I keep hidden from the outside world. **** I even bottled it up with my then husband, leading us to an inevitable divorce. Since then it was one sabotage after the next, I picked up smoking again after having quit for 15 years (I know stupid right)

The point is, I just watched another who struggled with her weight and we had similar weight gain stories however she had a ton of family support and her outlook was so damned positive that she really inspired me. I woke up one morning and said F*%^ this Jazz, I want to me happy and have a life...and the first that I need to do it have a better sense of self and for me that means getting my out of control body back in check and stop the b**ching Ideal Protein has helped me so far, the results are undeniable, I do fear the next few phases, I do not want to eat packets of powder forever so I am trying to stay focused on no cheating...

Its not going to be an easy road but I plan on dropping just over 100 lbs, which seems like an unattainable goal atm, but I am down 30ish lbs currently. I wanted to start dating again,(one thing at a time right?) but I need to pace myself because that could end up getting in the way of my journey. What are your thoughts on this? I would be nice to have someone to share and be supportive of me, I am alone except my two sons, and they are def. supportive but it would be nice to have someone appreciate me in a non motherly way if you catch my drift
Old 04-23-2015, 01:14 PM   #58  

Thanks for all then encouragement...it means a lot!
Old 04-23-2015, 01:21 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by melzie77 View Post
Hi everyone, I set up an account with 3 fat chicks over a year ago, however never really utilized this site for more than a brief read. I recently did some digging and reading and have found that this is a great tool and hopefully I will find the support that I so desperately need in my life right now to motivate me to keep working toward my goals. (and to meet some great folks!)

I started Ideal Protein March 24th after seeing my two co-workers have some pretty dramatic results. I have half-heartedly followed some diets over the past couple of years, but I did not give anything any real effort. For the past 10 years I would say I have been in denial about my weight gain post children and in a depression that I keep hidden from the outside world. **** I even bottled it up with my then husband, leading us to an inevitable divorce. Since then it was one sabotage after the next, I picked up smoking again after having quit for 15 years (I know stupid right)

The point is, I just watched another who struggled with her weight and we had similar weight gain stories however she had a ton of family support and her outlook was so damned positive that she really inspired me. I woke up one morning and said F*%^ this Jazz, I want to me happy and have a life...and the first that I need to do it have a better sense of self and for me that means getting my out of control body back in check and stop the b**ching Ideal Protein has helped me so far, the results are undeniable, I do fear the next few phases, I do not want to eat packets of powder forever so I am trying to stay focused on no cheating...

Its not going to be an easy road but I plan on dropping just over 100 lbs, which seems like an unattainable goal atm, but I am down 30ish lbs currently. I wanted to start dating again,(one thing at a time right?) but I need to pace myself because that could end up getting in the way of my journey. What are your thoughts on this? I would be nice to have someone to share and be supportive of me, I am alone except my two sons, and they are def. supportive but it would be nice to have someone appreciate me in a non motherly way if you catch my drift
You are making good decisions! One thing at a time - you are absolutely right!...life gets too overwhelming otherwise. Take it a day at a time one pound at a time and things will fall in to place. ( I'm preaching to myself out loud and you get to listen ! ) there is lots of good info and support here! Take care.

Last edited by Type1lady; 04-23-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:04 PM   #60  
My fat is not contagious.

S/C/G: 259/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Make sure you are getting your fill on Vegi's and if they just don't appeal to you anymore switch it up...roast them..add some Mrs. Dash. Or for some fun with your salads, roast some red peppers, peal the skin and puree them with a couple tsps of white vinegar and some fresh garlic for a nice vinaigrette. That Vinaigrette also tastes Delish spread over Grilled Chicken or other vegis =D Good luck!
Closed Thread