Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2015, 08:05 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
That is my struggle!! I find my need to nosh is really strong around 3pm. I need to get some celery or something to have something crunchy to get through that time. I also struggle with the evenings. I really enjoy a glass of wine in the evening to unwind and relax. I was fine for the first week or so, but I really miss that ritual of sitting down, relaxing and watching TV or reading and having a glass of wine. Water is NOT a great substitute!
If you need to, put a tiny squirt of Mio in your water and put it in a fancy wine glass. Or switch to herbal tea fruity flavours in the evening (Berry Zingers are especially good). I used to eat my snack midafternoon as that was my hungry time. I still snack between 2:30-4 pm in maintenance, otherwise I am ravenous by dinner.

Liana
Old 04-23-2015, 10:58 PM   #77  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by loriinwa View Post
Well, my first weigh in was only on my 5th day (timing reasons) and I was down 2.6 lbs. I go in tonight for my second WI. I stopped putting milk in my coffee (WF Mocha for coffee instead!!) and everything is looking good. Here's hoping I report back with a great result for the week. I love this forum! I am finding out a lot more about what I like and don't like to eat, so that's a good thing. Good luck ladies!!
Hi ladies, this morning I used a little bit of the chocolate drink in my coffee instead of creamer. I've been using flavored coffee mate all along because I couldn't find the WF and I really enjoy my coffee in the morning. So anyways, the 1 or 2 tsp of IP chocolate drink in the coffee tasted great! I figured I would just have the rest of the drink later in the day as one of my IP servings, but never got to it. Hope your second WI is a success loriinwa!
Old 04-23-2015, 11:15 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 213/205/150

Height: 5'8"

Default First Day!

Hey everyone!

I know I am jumping in at the tail end of this April group, already being the 23rd, but here I am..

I am brand new to IP- have done tons of research on the program, and finally took the plunge and joined with a coach.

Today was my first day, and I think it went really well! I have about 60 lbs to lose, so I am looking forward to my first weight in..

Does anyone know what the typical weekly weight loss should be for women? Range?

Thx!!
Old 04-24-2015, 12:26 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 252 / 252 / 135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jengele View Post
Hey everyone!

I know I am jumping in at the tail end of this April group, already being the 23rd, but here I am..

I am brand new to IP- have done tons of research on the program, and finally took the plunge and joined with a coach.

Today was my first day, and I think it went really well! I have about 60 lbs to lose, so I am looking forward to my first weight in..

Does anyone know what the typical weekly weight loss should be for women? Range?

Thx!!
My coach told me the range was 2-7 for women. She used 3 as an average when calculating my estimated weeks to goal. I have about the same to lose as you, so maybe it will be about the same? Good luck!
Old 04-24-2015, 12:04 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 152/138/136

Height: 5'6"

I just had my first week weigh in and down 3.8 lbs. I was hoping for more but this is better than any other diet I have been on. I have been feeling great the last 2 days.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:13 PM   #81  
Happy Girl 71

S/C/G: 149/142/110

Height: 5'2

Default 3rd Day on IP! Starving

Hi there! I lost 27lbs with Medifast but ended up gaining back 40! And wasn't able to tolerate it again.

This is my 3rd day on IP. I have a lot of food intolerances so my choices were limited. I am starving. Any advice would be appreciated. Also do you use the 1/4tsp of salt on your food or take it straight? I travel so much that I have been forgetting to do the salt.

Thanks!

original normal weight 110
highest 149
current 141
goal 115
Old 04-24-2015, 03:31 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 144/138.0/118

Height: 5'0"

Smile HappyGirl71

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl71 View Post
Hi there! I lost 27lbs with Medifast but ended up gaining back 40! And wasn't able to tolerate it again.

This is my 3rd day on IP. I have a lot of food intolerances so my choices were limited. I am starving. Any advice would be appreciated. Also do you use the 1/4tsp of salt on your food or take it straight? I travel so much that I have been forgetting to do the salt.

Thanks!

highest 149
current 141
goal 115

Hi there,

I add salt to my food. I eat allot of cucumbers if I am starving, I also add a shake or eat extra chicken. You gotta get through it without throwing yourself out of ketosis. My current weight is 141 as well and I am shooting for 118.

Good luck to you.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:42 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 165.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmars4809 View Post
I just had my first week weigh in and down 3.8 lbs. I was hoping for more but this is better than any other diet I have been on. I have been feeling great the last 2 days.
As long as the scale is going in the right direction, you are doing great! I had my second weigh in yesterday and only lost 2lbs. I have had a total loss of 4.6 lbs in the last 11 days. Next week I will finally be on a regular 7 day/week weigh in. I was definitely hoping for more, but I am just going to keep compliant and hopefully my body will get with the program!

Congrats!!
Old 04-24-2015, 05:01 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 132/118/108

Height: 5'3

I started Wednesday, April 8th and I am hoping to lose the weight from being pregnant quickly. So far the first two and a half weeks have been great and I am down 6 pounds!
Old 04-24-2015, 06:37 PM   #85  
Started IP 4/23/15

S/C/G: 237/226.2/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by happygirl71 View Post

Thanks!

highest 149
current 141
goal 115
I am doing the alternative plan and therefore don't have all the guidelines, but I think I remember reading that you can have an extra packet or two a day in the first week if you're too hungry.

I'm on day 2 and still doing ok. I have to say that 8 oz of shrimp is a LOT of shrimp! I wasn't sure I was going to be able to eat it all last night. I might try splitting up my protein between lunch and dinner. Does anyone else do that?
Old 04-24-2015, 07:02 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Bongo, splitting up your protein is a good way to make sure you get it all in. Quite a few others have done this as well when the amount seems daunting . You will still do fine on the diet using this tactic.

Liana
Old 04-24-2015, 10:43 PM   #87  

Default Weekend Challenge

The weekend will be a challenge as I will be going away and staying at hotel - no kitchen or fridge. So I'm packing a bag of IP packets & some good intentions. I've got to stick to the plan.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:33 AM   #88  
Started IP 4/23/15

S/C/G: 237/226.2/150

Thank you canadjineh. I will try splitting my protein tomorrow to see if that works better for me.

pinkjap, good luck on your weekend away. You've got this!
Old 04-25-2015, 12:02 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 213/205/150

Height: 5'8"

Day 3 is here and I weighed myself for fun... Down 6 pounds already!! Hope that sticks till weigh in!
I am in love with the RTD Vanilla 😛 it's my go to for breakfast.
I find lunchtime to be the hardest - still trying to find a go to for that meal. What is everyone else's go to?
Old 04-25-2015, 02:15 PM   #90  

I'm on day 13, finding it easier and easier each day. I exercised for the first time yesterday (played tennis) - I had a shake right before and some steak tips and veggies at dinner after.
Today I had 2 new things that I LOVED!! 1. Rutabaga fries (baked in olive oil, onion salt, garlic powder and parsley). 2. Quest chocolate-chip cookie dough protein bar, cut up into 6 pieces and baked for 7 mins in the oven. Delicious!
Closed Thread