Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 09:09 PM   #61  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis2502003 View Post
So i am meeting with a coach for the first time about IP and i am super excited. I really hope i have the discipline for it. It sounds really hard!!!
You will have the discipline for it once you see the losses piling up week after week. It's amazing how motivating it can be.

If you can afford it, buy a selection of different foods to start out. One thing that they don't always tell you -

The gelatin packets (raspberry or cherry) can be made up and enjoyed FREE every other day. It has two benefits - a nice treat and it has gelatin in which is great for hair and nails.

Remember to make the most of your free salad items, too. If you are hungry, that lettuce and cucumber (with a little oil and vinegar) will look and taste wonderful. It can get you over a hungry hurdle in a push.

Good luck.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:24 PM   #62  

S/C/G: (reboot) 294/263/210

Height: 6'-0"

Had my one month consult. I only go once a month. It is not worth the excessive driving to go.
Actually week 5 and 30# down. averaging 6# a week.
My first round was 8# a week so that isn't bad considering I was exercising then but not yet on reboot. It is coming. My garage has no heat and it is still too cold.
I mentioned the E word and my coach, who is a nurse acted like I said I was going to cheese cake factory with $150 gift card.

I think it very evident in IP and the engineered food diet sector at large disconnect of knowledge of exercise stimulus even in a caloric deficit.
Just because you are only eating 1k a day your body is using fatty acid production to fill that gap. If you don't ask for fuel faster than the fatty acid mechanism you won't have a catabolic effect. If you have all the components to build muscle (protein for the amino acids) you can build muscle or atleast improve the metabolic profile of the muscle. Especially doing maximal strength training vs extended period cardio (ie treadmills). The later would out pace your fatty acid mechanism and catabolism and probably keto bonk.
great podcast that on training and effective dose. http://daily.barbellshrugged.com/3-t...-about-muscle/
I may have gotten fat but I am tirelessly staying educated by the people in the trenches at a high level.

Last edited by wylothar; 03-03-2015 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:41 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Had to share (lol)
Made peanut butter 'cookies' tonight:
1 scoop Wegmans vanilla whey protein
2tbsp PB2
1tsp baking power
2 packets Pure Via stevia
1 egg white
(meant to put cinnamon in but got distracted)
Oven preheated to 350
So, I stirred the dry ingredients together and added the egg white - no problem...then I went to add a little water... oops - it turned into a thin gruel - more pancake-like than cookies. Poured it onto parchment paper (made 4 about the same size) and let it bake for about 8 minutes. Definitely not 'cookies' but not bad either - a baked pancake I guess Could see this making good muffins.

DD10 had one and declared them a success - so I got the other 3 with a wonderful hot cup of decaffeinated Chai Tea

According to MFP for the entire batch:
Calories = 142
Fat = 2.1g
Carb = 6.2 (9.2 - 3 fiber)
Protein = 26.6 (a little high for IP)

Last edited by hysteria_625; 03-03-2015 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:57 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 220/201/155

Height: 5'10''

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinyjo View Post
GOOD FOR YOU, jojo82! You go, girl!!!! You will find that you're ability to make good choices will get stronger as you go. Somewhere on this site I've seen it described as a muscle that gets stronger as you use it -- and I've found that to be very true. Never really tried to use that muscle much in the past -- didn't know that it worked, but it does!!!!! Again, congratulations!
Thanks so much!! It isn't as hard to refuse now than it was the first couple of weeks, although some of the treats still look tasty. I like having the option of a dessert packet from IP or sweetened protein bar though.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:00 PM   #65  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis2502003 View Post
So i am meeting with a coach for the first time about IP and i am super excited. I really hope i have the discipline for it. It sounds really hard!!!
Ya know... the IP diet is not really that hard... It does not take very long to get into a rhythm with the IP program - it is simple to follow esp compared to counting WW points or tracking the macro's daily.
  • You need to eat 3 packets (maybe 4 if you are well over 200lbs and your coach directs it), and with that, 2 Cups of low carb veggies with lunch, and again with dinner.
  • You get to have unlimited salad and you need to have some olive or grapeseed oil daily along with some salt.
  • You need to drink water and take the prescribed supplements (vitamins and minerals).

Pretty simple really, and as far as taste goes -- I had little trouble zeroing in on the products I liked -- I found the omelettes to be not great (and besides, you can substitute eggs & whites for any packet so why not go for real eggs), and I like the shakes rather than the fruit drinks. Others love the fruit drinks. Pancakes, maple oatmeal, and a variety of bars -- all pretty good tasting to me.

If you don't already like veggies, this is an opportunity to learn to love em! I have discovered lots that I thought I would hate but now I really enjoy - like jicama and turnips and rutabaga and then there is cauliflower disguised well as rice, or mashed potatoes, or roasted in the oven. Or shredded and hiding in a muffin made from a pudding or cereal packet.

All of us here on the 3FC IP sub forum have adopted this routine and we are losing a LOT of weight. We have to phase off of the program when we reach goal and carefully introduce fruits and other carbs back into our diet. And like any other program, we have to meet the day by day challenge to maintain our new goal weight.

For many of us, this last part - maintaining - is the most hard thing to do.

Our moderator, Lisa repeats the words of another IPeep, Ishbel...

Something like:
Losing weight is hard. Maintaining is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:50 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylothar View Post
Had my one month consult. I only go once a month. It is not worth the excessive driving to go.
Actually week 5 and 30# down. averaging 6# a week.
My first round was 8# a week so that isn't bad considering I was exercising then but not yet on reboot. It is coming. My garage has no heat and it is still too cold.
I mentioned the E word and my coach, who is a nurse acted like I said I was going to cheese cake factory with $150 gift card.

I think it very evident in IP and the engineered food diet sector at large disconnect of knowledge of exercise stimulus even in a caloric deficit.
Just because you are only eating 1k a day your body is using fatty acid production to fill that gap. If you don't ask for fuel faster than the fatty acid mechanism you won't have a catabolic effect. If you have all the components to build muscle (protein for the amino acids) you can build muscle or atleast improve the metabolic profile of the muscle. Especially doing maximal strength training vs extended period cardio (ie treadmills). The later would out pace your fatty acid mechanism and catabolism and probably keto bonk.
great podcast that on training and effective dose. http://daily.barbellshrugged.com/3-t...-about-muscle/
I may have gotten fat but I am tirelessly staying educated by the people in the trenches at a high level.

Congrats on the losses, wylothar! I totally agree with the bold print thoughts. Perhaps it's because when most laypeople think of 'exercise' they are thinking of steady state cardio type exercises (typically used for many decades as a 'weightloss plan') instead of muscle building exercise (strength training). Nurses are like doctors in that they don't get much in the way of education about nutrition for building healthy bodies. Sad, but that is the state of traditional Western style medicine.

Liana
Old 03-04-2015, 08:37 AM   #67  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tips

Wednesday Sabotage

Sabotaging Thought: I don’t want to order something like a salad at a restaurant because it’s not special and I could make it at home.

Response: Especially if I eat out a lot, I likely can’t have something that feels particularly “special” every time – not if I want to lose weight and/or keep it off. But just because the food might not feel special, it doesn’t mean the other aspects of the experience won’t be (people watching, being in a new environment, not having to prepare, serve, or clean up from the meal, etc.).

ETA: OR socializing with the other people who are "eating out"! We don't need to isolate, we just need to decide that what we are eating doesn't matter nearly as much as our health and our relationships with others.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:54 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning IPeeps,

Congrats to the SV and NSV, I see some really great losses, keep up the great work! And for those experiencing slower losses, like me, just keep going, it will happen!!

Welcome to all the Newbs, it's really a great program to follow and you'll quickly see the weight shedding away and it will only strengthen your resolve, good luck in your journey

Great message Lisa

I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:32 AM   #69  
Restarted IP 7/3/2017

S/C/G: 273 / 269.8 / 173

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Our moderator, Lisa repeats the words of another IPeep, Ishbel...

Something like:
Losing weight is hard. Maintaining is hard. Being fat is hard. Pick your hard.
That's the greatest quote.

I made amazing IP friendly beef and broccoli last night for myself and my roommates.
Cooked the broccoli with some onion salt, marinated and cooked beef in soy sauce, splenda, red pepper flakes, garlic and sesame oil. Served with rice for the roommates, and extra broccoli for me.

Partway through the meal, one of my roommates looked at me and said "Wait... aren't you dieting?"

"Yup." NOM.
Old 03-04-2015, 11:15 AM   #70  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Wednesday Sabotage

Sabotaging Thought: I don’t want to order something like a salad at a restaurant because it’s not special and I could make it at home.

Response: Especially if I eat out a lot, I likely can’t have something that feels particularly “special” every time – not if I want to lose weight and/or keep it off. But just because the food might not feel special, it doesn’t mean the other aspects of the experience won’t be (people watching, being in a new environment, not having to prepare, serve, or clean up from the meal, etc.).

ETA: OR socializing with the other people who are "eating out"! We don't need to isolate, we just need to decide that what we are eating doesn't matter nearly as much as our health and our relationships with others.

I LOVE ordering salad in a restaurant! Eating something delish and not having to do all that chopping is a treat for me!
Old 03-04-2015, 12:35 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Hello IPeeps! Been a good morning so far. This week at work is a little slow, as a case that was supposed to go to trial in April settled on Friday, so a lot of my big March deadlines are gone. I'm having a hard time motivating myself to do work when there aren't deadlines looming I work better under pressure.

I love your "thoughts" every day Lisa they are so motivating, and thought provoking, which is extremely useful. I'm so glad I found this forum, I think it will really help me avoid the diet fatigue and boredom I usually fall into.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:39 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 221/192.4/160

Height: 5 '8

Quote:
What would your old workouts consist of while doing p1?
Old 03-04-2015, 02:01 PM   #73  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Had my WI and down another 3.2 pounds! Slow going but I am thrilled that it is gradually starting to pay off. Since starting IP these are a few things I've noticed:
1) I no longer have indigestion (I was eating tums like they were candy before).
2) My knees don't bother near as much as they did.
3) I can bend over and tie my shoes!!
4) I'm not afraid to try on smaller sizes at the store just to see if they'll fit!
5) My fingernails aren't as brittle as they were.
6) Getting down on the floor to play with my grand daughter is getting easier to do day by day.

NSV for the week:
I had been wearing nothing but pull on size 3x stretchy pants and 5x tops. Church clothes were size 24W jeans and some "nicer" 5x tops.) Today I splurged and bought myself a size 18W pair of jeans (which were on sale plus I had a $10 off coupon plus all my others are falling off of me!!!) and purged my closet and drawers of those baggy pants and 5x tops! I have enough tops that I had out grown I shouldn't need to buy any of those for awhile. But I might, just for giggles!
Old 03-04-2015, 02:18 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Awesome Frawniemae I had a bunch of old stuff I kept, but once I tried them on and had the satisfaction of fitting into them I knew I would not wear them. It had been too long, and it is fun buying new stuff Treat yourself if you can, clothes rewards are so much better than food rewards!
Old 03-04-2015, 03:34 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 187/183/145

Height: 5'7"

Frawniemae, that is an awesome NSV!! Don't you love when clothes start to fit again, or start to fall off because they are too big...though the last one can be embarrassing! I have found that Goodwill has a great selection, is clean, and very organized. It's a great place to find the "in between" clothes as you change sizes! Reward yourself!
Closed Thread