Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 04:42 PM   #46  
Fat melting NINJA:)

S/C/G: 141/130/115

Height: 5.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Hey gals, restricted are part of the plan and we have such low calorie/carb/fat counts anyhow that choosing to not use them to lose more weight isn't really a good idea. That being said, if the flavour or texture or whatever seems to set you up for a binge and cravings then replace with a non-restricted that doesn't do that. But that's really the only reason to not have your restricted. Try not to tweak the main plan if you can. So much of what we have learned about weight loss from previous attempts is that 'less is more' and it isn't in this case. Probably most of you did just the old calorie restriction route and lost (albeit temporarily) with that.
Hang on and enjoy your foods as much as you can. Try to read Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website or book and you will see that we need to learn to take pleasure in our food properly. Link is on the first post - thanks to Lisa.

Liana to all
Most of the stuff that i really really like are not restricted to begin with. I treat my chocolate RTD as a treat everyday and love it So, should I make an effort to incorporate stuff like BBQ crisps and Mango RTD (which i think are restricted) more often in my plan?
I will start using quest bars in the future to help me save some in the future too. SO, i will treat them as restricted fosho.
Thank you in advance!! PS:Just finished drinking my chocolate RTD and sunbathing with my puppy

Last edited by Aria05; 11-02-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:12 PM   #47  

Height: 5'5"

Thank you to whoever suggested the Celestial Seasonings Warm Sugar Cookie Tea! I found it at Target and I am in love!!
Old 11-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 196.5/185/125 (Reboot 2017)

Height: 5'2"

Wahoo to everyone staying away from the Halloween temptations, I too was successful, and it wasn't even a struggle . Welcome to the newcomers and congrats for all of the victories. Keep up the great work everyone!
Old 11-02-2014, 06:57 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchfun View Post
Thank you to whoever suggested the Celestial Seasonings Warm Sugar Cookie Tea! I found it at Target and I am in love!!
Isn't it heavenly?! Now if I could only find the eggnog flavor!
Old 11-02-2014, 07:06 PM   #50  
kw2neat

S/C/G: 239/209/150

Height: 5'5"

Started IP August 29, 2014 at 239. Weigh in October 30th was 207. Yes it does work! I do great on a good routine that comes with work and everyday life. The social meetings are a problem, but I will deal. I don't like all the attention that comes with not eating what everyone else is eating! Is this a southern thing or do people just find it amazing that you are eating what appears to be nothing will they eat away? Like this forum, need to come visit more often with some IP people! Yall have a great week!
Old 11-02-2014, 07:46 PM   #51  

The most recent Protocol sheet Lisa posted has the following info:
"UNLIMITED RAW VEGETABLES/LETTUCE
Arugula, Bibb lettuce, Boston lettuce, celery, chicory lettuce, cucumber, endives, escarole lettuce, frisée lettuce, green
and red leaf lettuce, iceberg lettuce, mushroom, radicchio, radish, romaine lettuce, spinach and watercress lettuce."
Can someone please advise!!! My "coach"/IP rep told me that i should only consider lettuce as free and since I don't care much for her opinion, I want to know if you guys also eat raw mushroom,spinach, lettuce and cucumbers etc.. during the day btween meals??? I know I would if this was ok
Sorry for asking so many questions, but my "coach" is never around and does not reply to my texts!!
Old 11-02-2014, 07:56 PM   #52  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria05 View Post
Most of the stuff that i really really like are not restricted to begin with. I treat my chocolate RTD as a treat everyday and love it So, should I make an effort to incorporate stuff like BBQ crisps and Mango RTD (which i think are restricted) more often in my plan?
I will start using quest bars in the future to help me save some in the future too. SO, i will treat them as restricted fosho.
Thank you in advance!! PS:Just finished drinking my chocolate RTD and sunbathing with my puppy
The crisps are unrestricted. Nit sure about mango RTD as I didn't use it but I am pretty sure it is too.

Quote:
The most recent Protocol sheet Lisa posted has the following info:
"UNLIMITED RAW VEGETABLES/LETTUCE
Arugula, Bibb lettuce, Boston lettuce, celery, chicory lettuce, cucumber, endives, escarole lettuce, frisée lettuce, green
and red leaf lettuce, iceberg lettuce, mushroom, radicchio, radish, romaine lettuce, spinach and watercress lettuce."
Can someone please advise!!! My "coach"/IP rep told me that i should only consider lettuce as free and since I don't care much for her opinion, I want to know if you guys also eat raw mushroom,spinach, lettuce and cucumbers etc.. during the day btween meals??? I know I would if this was ok
Sorry for asking so many questions, but my "coach" is never around and does not reply to my texts!!
Your coach is wrong! Lisa has the most recent sheet posted. Have your coach compare the dates on the bottom of the sheet.

It makes me crazy that coaches do to stay up to date or impose "house rules". While they are welcome to share what has worked for them or other clients, they should still share the protocol the way IP has designed in including the changes as they come.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:03 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Scorbett: Not sure if you saw my question the other day so here goes...I saw you ate beef stew with rutabaga. Was it made in the crock pot and if so what cut of beef did you buy?

I've only ever made a chicken in the crock pot and I'm trying to branch out!

Last edited by IdealProteinNewbie; 11-02-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 08:18 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
The crisps are unrestricted. Nit sure about mango RTD as I didn't use it but I am pretty sure it is too.

Your coach is wrong! Lisa has the most recent sheet posted. Have your coach compare the dates on the bottom of the sheet.

It makes me crazy that coaches do to stay up to date or impose "house rules". While they are welcome to share what has worked for them or other clients, they should still share the protocol the way IP has designed in including the changes as they come.
Thank you SO much ChipnDip!! I am very excited bout this!!! This means I can eat 1 cup of extra veggie at night coz i eat raw spinach with my shake for my breakfast!!yay!!!
And don't even get me started on my "coach"!!! The two ladies give the word "coach" a BAD name!! They are just shopkeepers/ IP vendors for me at this point!! I only wish I had found u guys before i paid SO much to join them. I shud have done more research before choosing a coach!! Oh well, lesson learnt!! I am just thankful that I have this forum and so many wonderful people willing to share their knowledge!!!So, Thank YOU!!
Old 11-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #55  
Started IP August 28 2014

S/C/G: 265/215/140

Height: 5'7''

Yay all you Halloween Non scale victors! I am one as well! Even made and had birthday cake today for my mom and didnt try a bite!

I cannot even begin to tell you how huge that is for me. Usually candy and sweets call me until I give in to them. But, now I realize that I dont need them, because I am learning other ways to fill that void. Besides. Feeling thinner feels so much better than anything could ever taste.

I had a stalled weight loss this week, which i havent figured out why yet, and a few times there was this little voice that said "you should eat the cake, bc you havent lost anyhing all week anyway". And then i realized, thats the old me talking. I'm not all or nothing anymore. This diet is teaching me so much more than just how to lose weight!
We deserve kudos! (No pun intended!)
Old 11-02-2014, 09:18 PM   #56  
Started IP August 28 2014

S/C/G: 265/215/140

Height: 5'7''

Oh I wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped me understand that being exhausted was not normal on this diet. I went in last week and found out that I was very anemic. I literally felt better the day after beginning a high dose of iron; even my cognitive function and focus improved almost instantly as well. My Doc advised me to take 65 mg a day for a week and then drop it down to 18 mg.

I have been anemic in the past, sproadically. I dont believe its attributable to the IP diet. Especially since I am eating 100% more iron and veggies than i ever did before.

And to reference my stalled week in my post above, I am not the big C. I was earlier this week and then um, remedied that in the latter part of the week. At first i thought that was my problem too. Turns out; notsomuch

Last edited by Snozzeberries; 11-02-2014 at 09:21 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #57  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Yes I do! I kind of use those veggies as a "buffer" especially on hungry days. Coaches have a nasty habit of taking their own spin on the protocol. A few years ago, lettuce WAS the only unlimited item, but as the program gets more refined, changes get made - increasing the number of unlimited items was one of those changes. Time for your coach to get with the times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Scorbett: Not sure if you saw my question the other day so here goes...I saw you ate beef stew with rutabaga. Was it made in the crock pot and if so what cut of beef did you buy?

I've only ever made a chicken in the crock pot and I'm trying to branch out!
I almost always make beef stew in the crockpot, I work and go to school full time and sometimes it's the only way to make sure the kids eat!! I just use whatever cuts of beef are on sale - usually bottom round/london broil that I have the supermarket butcher cut into cubes for me. I always trim away any big chunks of fat on whatever meat I'm preparing. Somewhere there's a thread of Crockpot recipes that are IP compliant, if I have a minute I'll see if I can bump it up to the first page!
Old 11-02-2014, 09:55 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 186/178/160

Height: 5'6"

Hey All,
Just starting Day 1 again after being off for about a month. Going well, a little hungry but nothing major. Hey does anyone have any ideas about how to control the headaches? I know this is a
carb withdrawl but didn't know if there were any ideas for a quick fix..
Old 11-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie48 View Post
Hey All,
Just starting Day 1 again after being off for about a month. Going well, a little hungry but nothing major. Hey does anyone have any ideas about how to control the headaches? I know this is a
carb withdrawl but didn't know if there were any ideas for a quick fix..
It could also be your salt & water, make sure you are getting it all in. Also if you have cut your caffeine intake (coffee, dietcoke, black tea) you may be going through a withdrawal headache.
Hopefully you should feel better soon!

Liana
Old 11-02-2014, 10:30 PM   #60  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Yes I do! I kind of use those veggies as a "buffer" especially on hungry days. Coaches have a nasty habit of taking their own spin on the protocol. A few years ago, lettuce WAS the only unlimited item, but as the program gets more refined, changes get made - increasing the number of unlimited items was one of those changes. Time for your coach to get with the times!

I almost always make beef stew in the crockpot, I work and go to school full time and sometimes it's the only way to make sure the kids eat!! I just use whatever cuts of beef are on sale - usually bottom round/london broil that I have the supermarket butcher cut into cubes for me. I always trim away any big chunks of fat on whatever meat I'm preparing. Somewhere there's a thread of Crockpot recipes that are IP compliant, if I have a minute I'll see if I can bump it up to the first page!
My dear "coach" only comes once a week to the office and is almost always "out of town" when you try to reach her!!They did not tell me this on the day they were eager to take 500$ and get me on "board!! *rant ends*
But I wish IP folks tried to do something about situation like mine!! Thats another thread I guess. But, again, Thank you SO much for all the support and informations!! Last two weeks were so stressful till i found you guys!!!

Last edited by Aria05; 11-03-2014 at 12:06 AM.
Closed Thread