Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 09:43 AM   #31  
Start IP 11/24/14

S/C/G: 244/132/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Andi View Post
Welcome aboard scorpio, it's nice to have you. I did the same thing you did when I first started on here too. Lurked around for a bit before I actually started on IP. You're going to love this group of ladies. Everyone is so helpful and encouraging. It's the best therapy I know..lol.

Andi

Thanks so much - you are doing a fantastic job!!
Old 11-02-2014, 10:04 AM   #32  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
NSV!! Last year when I didn't know I had a thyroid problem and I didn't know I was gaining so much weight, I bought a nice thick pull over hoodie. It is a mens XL. As of yesterday it still had the tag on it. It was one of those "Im not returning it because I will fit in it". I remembered about it now that we have some cool weather in Texas......*drum roll* IT IS NOW TOO BIG ...woot woot!! Im wearing it proudly now
Wow! Such a nice feeling isn't it? Good for you.

Andi

Old 11-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #33  
Started IP Sep 12/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio53 View Post
Thanks so much - you are doing a fantastic job!!
Thanx

Andi

Old 11-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
Question for everyone who has a coach/clinic

My coach told me something new - this is my 2nd time re-starting since a year ago October. She mentioned that I should NOT eat my restricted after 6pm. This is curious to me. When I first started IP, this was never a rule and I don't believe it stalled my weight loss. Are you getting the same advice from your coach? Do you think it really matters? Sometimes I like to have my sweet treat after dinner - aka: dessert, which sorta seals the deal and ends my evening. This way, I don't go looking for more food and/or feel unsatisfied.

Please share your thoughts..

Thank You in advance for your help!!!
KarenVT - First, thank you for your kind words yesterday. They really meant a lot.

I just started IP in July and my coach told me restricteds should only be eaten for breakfast or lunch IP packets and not the evening snack. So far, I've managed to avoid restricteds all the way since eating them for breakfast doesn't seem appealing. I would have wanted it for an evening snack. That and I am still so amazed at no longer being tempted by sweets my family has in the house. A little scared of reintroducing them at this point.

Maybe IP wants you to burn off the calories/sugar well before you go to bed? IDK
Old 11-02-2014, 10:18 AM   #35  
Started IP 4/7/2014

S/C/G: 225/170.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:

My coach told me something new - this is my 2nd time re-starting since a year ago October. She mentioned that I should NOT eat my restricted after 6pm. This is curious to me. When I first started IP, this was never a rule and I don't believe it stalled my weight loss. Are you getting the same advice from your coach? Do you think it really matters? Sometimes I like to have my sweet treat after dinner - aka: dessert, which sorta seals the deal and ends my evening. This way, I don't go looking for more food and/or feel unsatisfied.

I don't think this is an official rule, but for most of IP I had my restricted for breakfast because I had a problem with controlling myself later in the day with them. I'd finish lunch and want my restricted right away because I have a wicked sweet tooth, not because I was hungry. So I just made that a rule for myself and would have the apple cinnamon puffs with my 1 oz milk as cereal, or the lemon poppyseed bar or the cranberry pom bar with tea. These still are some of my favorite breakfasts! But do what's best for you, this rule isn't in the official protocol as far as I know.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #36  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:

This has been discussed several times since I've been here and I think the general consensus has been that the timing of your restricted comes down to a personal preference and really makes no difference. I sometimes had my restricted during the day, for breakfast or for an evening snack and saw no change in my weight loss.

I say enjoy it whenever you want it - a lemon wafer and a cup of tea after dinner was a favorite of mine!

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 11-02-2014 at 10:26 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:54 AM   #37  
Started IP Sep 12/14

Quote:

This is something I've never heard of before. As far as I know you can eat your restricteds at anytime during the day. I know that as a rule, over the years, we shouldn't eat anything within 2 hours of going to bed. I've gotten into the habit of eating a lemon wafer right after my dinner each night. And I really look forward to it. I agree with what everyone else has said. Eat it whenever you want it. From reading posts here I've learned that a lot of coaches tend to make up their own rules. I do not believe this is an IP rule.

Andi

Old 11-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #38  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
KarenVT - First, thank you for your kind words yesterday. They really meant a lot.

I just started IP in July and my coach told me restricteds should only be eaten for breakfast or lunch IP packets and not the evening snack. So far, I've managed to avoid restricteds all the way since eating them for breakfast doesn't seem appealing. I would have wanted it for an evening snack. That and I am still so amazed at no longer being tempted by sweets my family has in the house. A little scared of reintroducing them at this point.

Maybe IP wants you to burn off the calories/sugar well before you go to bed? IDK
CenTXChk - Happy to celebrate your successes with you; awesome job!
That's really great that you are able to avoid restricteds altogether. I have tried that in the past and found that I am a type of person who enjoys having a little surprise throughout the day so I look forward to it. To each his own right? That being said though, I bet I would lose a little faster if I didn't have a restricted. Hmmm.. Maybe something to explore down the road again..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pishposhappelsauce View Post
I don't think this is an official rule, but for most of IP I had my restricted for breakfast because I had a problem with controlling myself later in the day with them. I'd finish lunch and want my restricted right away because I have a wicked sweet tooth, not because I was hungry. So I just made that a rule for myself and would have the apple cinnamon puffs with my 1 oz milk as cereal, or the lemon poppyseed bar or the cranberry pom bar with tea. These still are some of my favorite breakfasts! But do what's best for you, this rule isn't in the official protocol as far as I know.

pishposhappelsauce
- Yes, thank you for the reminder, I need to do what's right for me. It's pretty subjective, right? Mmm.. Poppyseed bar and Puffs are something that I will want to try in the future. I do have a killer sweet tooth too so it's nice to enjoy an IP treat. I really like the cookie dough bar and the brownie. I guess chocolate is my downfall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
This has been discussed several times since I've been here and I think the general consensus has been that the timing of your restricted comes down to a personal preference and really makes no difference. I sometimes had my restricted during the day, for breakfast or for an evening snack and saw no change in my weight loss.

I say enjoy it whenever you want it - a lemon wafer and a cup of tea after dinner was a favorite of mine!

Hi RuthAnn
- yes, it's all been discussed before, you are right. I just haven't thought about it in awhile so just wanted to gain some perspective on it. Thank you for revisiting and sharing your thoughts, means a lot! Good to hear that you didn't notice a change in your weight loss. I do need to try the Lemon Wafer that I'm hearing so much about. Sounds super YUMMY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Andi View Post
This is something I've never heard of before. As far as I know you can eat your restricteds at anytime during the day. I know that as a rule, over the years, we shouldn't eat anything within 2 hours of going to bed. I've gotten into the habit of eating a lemon wafer right after my dinner each night. And I really look forward to it. I agree with what everyone else has said. Eat it whenever you want it. From reading posts here I've learned that a lot of coaches tend to make up their own rules. I do not believe this is an IP rule.

Andi

Hi Andi - There's that Lemon Wafer again, now I want one!! I'll need to get some my next order. Never was interested until I'm reading your reviews.. Sounds yum! Thanks for your feedback - I agree, eat when you want it. And that, I shall do Awesome stats - kudos!

Thanks for the share everyone. I always learn so much from this forum and enjoy it so very much. Hope all is well on your end!
Old 11-02-2014, 11:29 AM   #39  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Congrats to everyone with Halloween willpower. I was able to control as well. My kids came home last night 250 candies (giant bag) of halloween candy that they purchased on sale. This temptation is always around in some way, shape or form in my life. This is the mental game for me.

Interesting comments about restricted items to be eaten earlier in the day. I can see why to burn the calories for the day. I have mine at night, that is my most difficult time of the day to overeat or just plain blow it. It may accelerate my weekly losses to refrain in the PM, but there is just so much I can do everyday to stay OP.

Excellent motivation in the posts from all.......and the shopping is always a weight loss high when you put on a new size. Or for me, when I can get back into those sizes.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:16 PM   #40  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Welcome scorpio53. There are so many people using all alternatives or partial alternatives (either for the cheaper pricing OR for the greater variety of flavours) that I'm sure you'll be spoilt for choice. Just keep an eye on the "What are you eating today" threads and you'll see more options than you ever realised existed!

KareVT We always have our restricted in the evening, but we make sure we have at least 90 mins between that and bedtime.

Truthfully, I think calories are calories and it doesn't really make that much difference when in the day you consume them. I understand the basic theory is to divide meals out during the day so any potential insulin response is regular and of short duration, rather than nibbling all day and keeping it going. Remember that loss is based on caloric deficit/fat burning and that builds over time, not on one day's intake/outgoing.

Love the earlier start to my day this morning - thank you end of Daylight Savings. Now to the litter trays. Will have three happy kitties this afternoon.

Last edited by Briael; 11-02-2014 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #41  
Fat melting NINJA:)

S/C/G: 141/130/115

Height: 5.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briael View Post
Welcome scorpio53. There are so many people using all alternatives or partial alternatives (either for the cheaper pricing OR for the greater variety of flavours) that I'm sure you'll be spoilt for choice. Just keep an eye on the "What are you eating today" threads and you'll see more options than you ever realised existed!

KareVT We always have our restricted in the evening, but we make sure we have at least 90 mins between that and bedtime.

Truthfully, I think calories are calories and it doesn't really make that much difference when in the day you consume them. I understand the basic theory is to divide meals out during the day so any potential insulin response is regular and of short duration, rather than nibbling all day and keeping it going. Remember that loss is based on caloric deficit and that builds over time, not on one day's intake/outgoing.

Love the earlier start to my day this morning - thank you end of Daylight Savings. Now to the litter trays. Will have three happy kitties this afternoon.
There is a thread called "What are you eating today"!!!! woot!! That is so awesome!! Thanks for the tip,Briael!!!I learn something new everyday here!!
And thank you for cheering me on for behaving Disgal and KareVT
Welcome Scorpio!! Iam 3 days old here in 3FC and I feel lucky to have found such a wonderful group!!! Lets do this!!!
Happy "Daylight saving" to you all!!
Old 11-02-2014, 01:53 PM   #42  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Ty everyone, yes it feels fabulous.

On the conversation topic of the restricted foods: For me personally. I did not have any until I hit 50 lb loss, it was my reward to myself. I only allowed myself to have them for 1 month. I ate them at night for my snack. I did not have any difference in my weightloss. When I came back from my month off in Sept I had 1 month again of restricted (Mostly wafers, they are my faves!!) Again I ate them at night for my snack, sometimes right before bed and they did not make a difference on me.

Good Luck, Lemon and chocolate wafers are my favorite flavors.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:14 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Hey gals, restricted are part of the plan and we have such low calorie/carb/fat counts anyhow that choosing to not use them to lose more weight isn't really a good idea. That being said, if the flavour or texture or whatever seems to set you up for a binge and cravings then replace with a non-restricted that doesn't do that. But that's really the only reason to not have your restricted. Try not to tweak the main plan if you can. So much of what we have learned about weight loss from previous attempts is that 'less is more' and it isn't in this case. Probably most of you did just the old calorie restriction route and lost (albeit temporarily) with that.
Hang on and enjoy your foods as much as you can. Try to read Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website or book and you will see that we need to learn to take pleasure in our food properly. Link is on the first post - thanks to Lisa.

Liana to all
Old 11-02-2014, 02:25 PM   #44  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

I hope this is not a new rule. I often have the restricted in the evening when my family has dessert. When I have eaten it as an afternoon snack, or anytime early in the day, I crave sweets for the rest of the day! So for me, the safest time to indulge my sweet tooth is at the end of the day when there is not more eating!
Old 11-02-2014, 03:56 PM   #45  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

RE: the restricteds and time of day.

I would call this a classic case of "conventional" dieting theory being applied to an unconventional diet. Unfortunately it happens a LOT, especially when you are dealing with coaches that learned how to sell the IP program, but didn't actually learn about the science behind ketogenic diets.

When you have your restricted item does NOT matter. Breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, evening snack....your body will burn it off the same way. Remember that we are not eating typical carb contents - even the restricteds are really low in carbs compared to many traditional "snacks" and even other protein based products. There are not enough carbs in a restricted to have that much of a difference in your body's reaction - unless you are incredibly carb sensitive (which you would know pretty early on).

As Liana said, the restricteds are built into the program for a few reasons. Having a pleasurable snack is one. Having a food option that is a little more satiating is another. Making sure our calorie count doesn't drop too low is yet another.
Closed Thread