Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2014, 09:10 PM   #31  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Hi all!! Happy Hump day!!

Quick question about zucchini noodles. What could I use on top if I want to do a spaghetti sauce? I'm looking forward to using zucchini in place of pasta in maintenance, but I'm wondering if there's some type of sauce I can use right now in P1....just to add a little bit of flavor?
Thx!!
How 'bout some salsa?

Andi

Old 10-29-2014, 09:20 PM   #32  
Started IP Sep 12/14

S/C/G: 271.9/235/150 or 140

Height: 5'7" (Age 51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria05 View Post
Hi everyone,
I started IP 2 weeks ago and I have lost 6lbs so far. I have a few questions since my "coach" is not very helpful and hard to reach.1-According to the BIA machine I have gained 1lb body fat and lost a total of 5Lbs lean muscle mass.
2- My usual day looks like this-
meal 1-vanilla shake plus raw spinach shake;
meal 2-chocolate drink in the carton (my fav)
meal3-Omelet mix with Bell peppers
meal4-8oz of chicken/ 6oz of chicken with 1 boiled egg/8oz tilapia/ 6oz tilapia with 1 boiled egg/6oz of filet mignon. I usually just throw a pot of water with mushroom and herbs and throw my meat of choice in it. I also add 1 packet of miracle noodle on some days to the pot in the end along with 1cup of broccolli.
3-My coach asked me to stick to 20%fat20%carbs60%protein for 900calorie and no matter what combinations I make,I alway go less on one or high on the other macro and even go way below my 900calories on some days (when i eat tilapia)
I diligently take my supplements and oil n salt. I also drink a gallon of water daily as a rule

My question to you guys is-
1-Am i doing something wrong here? Please advise
2-I am very concerned about my fat gain and loss of lean body mass and all the coach says is that "its weird"
3-On some days when i see my calories or protein going way low(100-200 below) than what she wants, i eat half a packet of bbq chips. What should i do when that happens?
I apologize for the long post, but I would really appreciate your help!!!
Welcome! Sounds like your coach isn't as informed on IP as she should be. Just go for your weekly weigh ins then come here for advise and ask questions. There's a lot of wonderful people here who know what they're talking about. As you're already learning . Good luck!

Andi

Old 10-29-2014, 09:44 PM   #33  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Andi View Post
How 'bout some salsa?

Andi

Walden Farms has a tomato basil sauce
Old 10-29-2014, 10:24 PM   #34  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffetadarling View Post
I'm SO with you on this. I only lost 1 lb last week and I've spiraled in to the "OMG I'm going to have to fight for every lb from here on out it's never going to work for me" mode. For me though TOM started today and I had a tattoo removal treatment (skin trauma that causes water retention) last Thursday so I knew it would be a terrible week, plus I'm suffering from the big C...ugh. We just have to have faith in the process! It will work!

Hellooooo Taffetadarling!
Thank you for responding.. I thought I was just talking to dead air and then I felt dumb for whining like I did.. Patience is key. I just hit the panic button for a minute and now I'm realizing I just need to take things one day at a time. I wasn't sure if anyone else had experienced a slow loss upon their "re-boot". You totally get the whole spiral game, too. I was wondering if I was getting close to TOM, I am so bad and never keep track. Interesting how stress tends to make us hold onto our weight... I'm sorry for your pain this week and I'm sending loads of strength, support and healthy vibes your way. Take care of yourself! -karen
Old 10-29-2014, 11:14 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria05 View Post
I have 2 more queries.
Q1-Is it ok to eat half a bag of bbq chips or 1/6th of their raspberry bar with green tea(decaf) on some days besided the 3 IP and dinner? Or should I stick to 3IP packets and "live" 8oz protein dinner?
My coach was very confusing on this regard!! She said it was ok.

Q2- She also told me to go to the gym twice a week for some "light lifting" and consume an extra IP shake post gym. Now, I am very doubtful of her expertise at this point and could use your insight!!
Again, Thank you all for taking out time to reply!! You guys ROCK!!!
Instead of using more packets on the some days (question 1) try filling in with unrestricted raw veggies if you are hungry, or if you need something kind of snackish, an herbal tea can count as part of your water and there are lots of good flavours. I like the Stash Lemon & Ginger for a cold day, or Celestial Seasonings True Blueberry, or Apple & Cinnamon, or seasonal Sugar Plum Spice. Tastes like dessert It's cheaper than eating more packets.
Question 2 - it's fine to do some light lifting or brisk walking if you wish, but it should not be a 'sweaty workout'. You can have an extra packet after your workout if you feel like you need more (dizzy? fatigued?) or if you did a slightly harder workout than light lifting.

Liana
Old 10-29-2014, 11:46 PM   #36  
Fat melting NINJA:)

S/C/G: 141/130/115

Height: 5.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
Instead of using more packets on the some days (question 1) try filling in with unrestricted raw veggies if you are hungry, or if you need something kind of snackish, an herbal tea can count as part of your water and there are lots of good flavours. I like the Stash Lemon & Ginger for a cold day, or Celestial Seasonings True Blueberry, or Apple & Cinnamon, or seasonal Sugar Plum Spice. Tastes like dessert It's cheaper than eating more packets.
Question 2 - it's fine to do some light lifting or brisk walking if you wish, but it should not be a 'sweaty workout'. You can have an extra packet after your workout if you feel like you need more (dizzy? fatigued?) or if you did a slightly harder workout than light lifting.

Liana
Thank You Liana!!! I love teas!! But i stick to my ginger, dandelions or greens!! You have given me some wonderful and yummy options!!

Also, I will try and hit the gym for a 30 min light lifting this week and see how that works!!
Thank you SO much!! May the "Lean FairyGodmother" always be on your side!!
@Miss Andi Thank you!! Yes I feel so lucky to have found you all!!!
Closed Thread